You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure looking for specific type of adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #1

Default looking for specific type of adventure

I recently finished one of telltale's adventure games. It was a pilot sort-of episode it was called Puzzle agent. Although it was mostly a puzzle game it did have some adventure elements.

The type I am looking for is similar to this game (if you know what I am talking about) a sort-of X-Files, small town, scary, mystery sort-of adventure game, not too horrific (Like Silent hill and Penumbra) more with a horrific feel but more towards mystery

also something that I would like is an adventure game with a cinematic feel. Not an old DOS game like I have no mouth and I must scream (Awesome game BTW) something more cinematic, epic, and recent.

If you are still unsure of the type I will give a few examples Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth Silent Hill (but not so horror like) if I think of more games I will put them down

Do not recommend the X-files PC adventure game the bad acting is a turn off. I've played the penumbra games. Played the silent hill games.

I'm sorry that I typed so much stuff.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Not so recent, but you can try Dark Seed 2 or Harvester if you can get over it's gorry and bizarre moments
Old 09-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #3

Your description is to specific. It's hard to recommend games that way. Even though you said no DOS game, I am still going to recommend Gabriel Knight 1. Very cinematic.

Also I recommend the movie the Wicker Man(not the remake!!!)

If you own a console, I recommend the Forbidden Siren games and Shadow of Memories.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Schattenjaeger wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1130210 View Post
a sort-of X-Files, small town, scary, mystery sort-of adventure game, not too horrific (Like Silent hill and Penumbra) more with a horrific feel but more towards mystery
I recommend watching the television show Twin Peaks, if you haven't.

It literally fits that description to a tee. I don't know a game that captures that mood well, outside of the Gabriel Knight series perhaps.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #5

Take a look at The Lost Crown and Barrow Hill. Two very, very good horror/mystery games that focus on atmosphere and story more than blood and gore. Both are set in rural English settings - a small coastal village and a creepy woodland.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #6

Folklore.....somehow...
Old 09-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #7

Haiku?