You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Telltale to make Back to the Future and Jurassic Park games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 07:17 AM   #61
It's Hard To Be Humble

I just thought of one reason I would be happy to see TTG attempt to make a Back to the Future game: the possibility, however remote, of getting Michael J. Fox to voice a role in the game. That I would pay money for alone. I'd understand if he couldn't commit to even a voiceover schedule, given his condition, but I think it would be ideal for him, given how difficult it is for him to actually act these days.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #62

Would love to see (or rather, hear) that too, Lee - he's got such a charming and characteristic voice, I watched the Stuart Little movies just because of him ! But he hasn't been acting for five years, not even voice work. And looking at this 2010 clip I doubt he would be able to carry a leading role over several episodes. Would be nice with just a small cameo from him if they decide to make Doc the main character.

I do hope they get Christopher Lloyd and Thomas F. Wilson, though. They both did video games before so it's not all that unlikely.

Edit: And because the other video clip made me sad, here's a blooper from The Frighters.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #63
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageGothic View Post
HOWEVER, I'm a bit scared that they might go the same route as the Universal Studios BTTF ride with its ice-age and dinosaur era settings, that imho didn't have much to do with the movie trilogy I so love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
@*$&@(!!!!!

Now that you've mentioned that, I think that's exactly what they're going to do! Dammit....my expectations of this game have somewhat diminished.
In the Back to the Future movies the time traveling always ended up being personally motivated or character driven, done for personal or emotional reasons (or the time traveling would happen by mistake, but the way out of those situations was always character driven, with a light helping of lightning storm or out of control train at the end) and the intent is to keep that going in the game. The actual act of time traveling itself was always about spectacle (fire trails, the DeLorean covered in ice, etc), but the film never time traveled merely for the purpose of spectacle (flying past a dinosaur, etc) and neither is the Telltale game. That sort of thing, I think, isn't actually sustainably fun, and it's not really what Back to the Future is about.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #64

Totally agreed, Jake. And I sure hope you're right about the Telltale game. I'm quite confident that they respect and know what they're doing with the license (I was quite impressed with how well they captured the Wallace & Gromit spirit despite not being Brits). Just crossing my fingers that Universal won't meddle too much with their ideas.

Besides, Telltale already had plenty of reckless manipulation of the space/time continuum in the Sam & Max games, so hopefully the developers got those urges satisfied.
Would love to see them exploring some more eras in the history of Hill Valley, of course involving the recurring characters and their ancestors - discovering that Biff had a brief period as a hippie would be awesome, and imagine Strickland's reactions to 1960's youth culture (multiplied x10 by hair envy)!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
That sort of thing, I think, isn't actually sustainably fun, and it's not really what Back to the Future is about.
You're right it isn't....to us people that are familiar with Back to the Future. And you're also right about it not being what BTTF is about.

But that didn't stop the BTTF cartoon from doing it! And the same thing could happen with the Telltale games. It al depends on whom Telltale is targeting the game the most. The real fans or the spectacle seeking gamers who haven't seen the movie.

Owh man.....I really want them to implement the 'fish out of water' element real well. That whenever you arrive at a new era, Marty is as surprised and shocked as you are. Also wondering what entries in the movie they will consider canon. Will it follow up on BTTF1? Or after the complete trilogy? Or will it be a retelling of some sort?

Last edited by Origami; 07-03-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #66
Super Moderator

Heh, I think Jake knows what he talks about, considering where he works
Old 07-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #67

Where does he work?
Old 07-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #68
Super Moderator

Telltale
Old 07-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #69

Ah..that's good news then. I'll be having an easy time sleeping now. ^^
Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #70

Survey on Telltale's site: What Do You Want to See in a Back to the Future Game? Tell Us!

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-643
Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #71

^

Gu-reat!!!

*goes to fill in the survey*

"Thank you for your participation! This survey is now closed"

What? =(
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #72

Wow, can't believe the survey wasn't posted much early. It has been up for some time.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/