You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Miles Edgeworth or Apollo Justice - which should I play first?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
fov
Rattenmonster

Default Miles Edgeworth or Apollo Justice - which should I play first?

I recently finished Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations after 2+ years in progress. I don't know why I'm so slow with these games.

Anyway. I have both Apollo Justice and the new Miles Edgeworth game and am wondering which I should start with (keeping in mind it might be another two years before I'm done!) I felt a little lost at the end of Trials and Tribulations because I'd forgotten some of the story points from the previous games that were pulled in at the end. So I'm wondering, do either of these games continue the storyline at all -- even in a subtle way? If I play the Miles Edgeworth game first, will anything that happens in Apollo Justice be spoiled for me?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #2

I actually haven't been able to bring myself to finish Miles Edgeworth, so I can't say for certain whether or not it spoils or even relates at all to Apollo Justice, but what I CAN say is that Apollo Justice is amazing and, well, I haven't been botherd to finish Miles Edgeworth.

Though ME makes for an interesting change in the genre (which may or may not be better for your pacing), I much much prefer Apollo Justice as a game. I was up to case 3 in ME and it had it's own story (only with a few tie-ins to Franziska's character, but nothing spoilerish). AJ is similar, has tie-ins but is it's own new story. The 3 Phoenix games seem to be the only ones that have closer connections between the three, carrying story arcs between titles.

Does that help? End note - play Apollo. Now!

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 05-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

technically edgeworth for the time line but i thiunk u are better off playin appollo frist due to the game styles

Marise-Chiko
Old 05-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I skipped Apollo Justice and am part way through the second case of Edgeworth and don't feel like I missed anything. Like Sughly, I'm not feeling the draw in the Edgeworth game to be as strong as, say, some of the more Phoenix Wright cases, but I've also heard that (like the Phoenix Wright games), the cases get better as it goes on.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Does either game explain what happened next to Phoenix?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Yes, Apollo Justice does
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 05-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
long live the dragons

miles edgeworth is set before apollo justice and before anything happens to wright.

i am on the last case of miles and i'm not that hooked, i have not played itfor about 2 months, in a way i dont want to as it maybethe last and at thesametime i do but i just seem to feel i will be disaapointed. i mean i am at the end of the gameand i feel i just started it.

i enjoyed apollo but i want a new wright game, one where we see his return and maybe see the fey's again.

i was wondering what happens to ema skye, it that explained in miles.

Marise-Chiko
Old 05-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #8

I loved Apollo

I think he's such a great character, and Trucy is an awesome sidekick. And the way they took the story of Phoenix into it, I liked it. I long to hear about his return, but I always seem to be the only one...

Old 05-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandcliklover View Post
i was wondering what happens to ema skye, it that explained in miles.
But Emma Skye is featured quite prominently in Apollo, so if Apollo is set afterwards timewise then... that's what happened to her. She's a detective now, I believe (played Apollo a while ago now...)

Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 AM   #10
long live the dragons

ok i will agree apollo was ok , i really trucy and u know what i really really liked kristoph.

i think there could be more than meets th eye there.

also side note what about miles and franziska's sister, and niece, they have not been mentioned since.

Marise-Chiko
Old 05-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
Freeware Co-ordinator

You should play Miles Edgeworth first. While you're doing that you should send Apollo Justice to me as it's the only one I need for a complete set.

Took me ages to track down a copy of the first one (I wanted to play them in order) so I'm only just completing Trials and Tribulations now (on the last case).
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

Heh. The reason I bought both now was that I worried one or the other would become hard to find by the time I got around to playing. These games are popular but they seem to become scarce very quickly.

I still haven't decided which to play next. It sounds like a lot of you aren't enjoying the Edgeworth game and I almost wonder if I should play that first so I have Apollo Justice to look forward to afterward. Like finishing your peas so you can have dessert.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #13

I have to agree that the Edgeworth game lacked something... neither the story nor the puzzles were up there with the Phoenix games. Have not played Apollo.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Heh. The reason I bought both now was that I worried one or the other would become hard to find by the time I got around to playing. These games are popular but they seem to become scarce very quickly.

I still haven't decided which to play next. It sounds like a lot of you aren't enjoying the Edgeworth game and I almost wonder if I should play that first so I have Apollo Justice to look forward to afterward. Like finishing your peas so you can have dessert.
I didn't get Apollo Justice right away, so I'm having a HECK of a time tracking it down. Both my girlfriend and I are eagle-eyes at any stores selling DS games for it, hehe.

I have Edgeworth, but I still have many more hours left on Pokemon HeartGold before I get to some classic adventuring.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #15
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
I didn't get Apollo Justice right away, so I'm having a HECK of a time tracking it down. Both my girlfriend and I are eagle-eyes at any stores selling DS games for it, hehe.
I was in the same boat. I ended up getting it from an Amazon seller.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #16

Apollo Justice is easy to find here in EU. Maybe you could find a way to import it somehow.

Aniwayss.....start with Apollo Justice first. Because the stories in Miles Edgeworth are considerably better so I should save the best for last if I were you. Also....I think it's more 'correct' to follow by order of release.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #17
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Which is why I want you to send me your copy.

However, if it comes first chronologically, then playing Investigations first might be the way to go, even if the release dates are the other way around.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 05-20-2010, 03:28 AM   #18
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I vote for playing Apollo first, then Miles. Saving the best til last as Edgeworth's game is brilliant and Apollo Justice is a little eh... but I did enjoy finding out what happened to characters from the first 3.