You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Default The adventure game discount thread

I often come across nice discounts, then hesitate to post them here out of fear of it not being worth a thread or coming across as fanboyish. So I figure if we have a separate thread for discounts on adventure games that should make it easier for me and other people who feel the same way. And if it becomes popular enough maybe a mod can sticky it for easy reference.
When posting please include a link and mention how long the deal will stay up. To start things off, my own reason for giving this idea a whirl:

50% off at Telltale if you pre-order Puzzle Agent
Lasting through June 8, if you pre-order Puzzle Agent at Telltale you get 50% off everything else in your cart. That's right: getting The Devil's Playhouse and Puzzle Agent is cheaper than just getting The Devil's Playhouse alone. Applies to physical merchandise too.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #2

It's a good idea, but the problem is that you can not order any way you want. Some European stores do not ship to US, and for us in EU it's a risk to buy in US (tax and custom).

So maybee the first information should be what currency and what part of the world this offer is.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

This is a job for the adventure game discount thread! (Well, personally I have my doubts about the classification, but I should really put it here anyway.)

Portal temporarily free on Steam
To celebrate it and Steam getting a Mac version, Valve is giving away Portal for free. Get it here. Offer lasts until May 24th.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
I changed my title

Also on Steam, Sam&Max Season 3 + Tales of Monkey Island for $30.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #5

Portal is an exceptionally addictive and fun experience, I'm not sure I'd call it an adventure but that doesn't matter all that much. Offering the game for free is an incredibly generous thing for Valve to do. I've completed it twice now and listened to the audio commentary which is something I'd like to see in every game -- such a cool and well implemented concept. I recommend Portal to anyone even remotely interested.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
Junior Mint

I'm not really a first-person game fan, but this is a price I cannot pass up. If I don't like it... well, I'm not out any money.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Via Mojo:

LucasArts Adventure Pack on sale at Steam
Today only, the LucasArts Adventure Pack (Loom, The Dig, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) is half off at Steam. If you haven't played some of these, this is as good a time to try as any.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald B View Post
Via Mojo:

LucasArts Adventure Pack on sale at Steam
Today only, the LucasArts Adventure Pack (Loom, The Dig, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) is half off at Steam. If you haven't played some of these, this is as good a time to try as any.
Five bucks $US if I remember correctly. Pretty awesome deal.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
never stops believin'

All three Gabriel Knight games for $12.97 on GOG.com.

That's an amazing deal.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #10

Going back to the portal announcement..

I downloaded it while it was available, but soon discovered it was all a trap!! They don't include the ability to download the Source SDK after downloading Portal. So, right after you're completely hooked on the game, you find yourself unable to try any the free mods that are available (I highly recommend Portal Prelude).

Maybe this was their intention, but I don't give a rats ass! It's a very challenging and addictive game! I really would recommend anyone to buy it (I believe purchasing Portal now does include the SDK). But if you were lucky enough to download Portal while it was free, simply purchase Half-Life 2: Deathmatch (£2.49!!) for the ability to play mods.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
Hopeful skeptic

I'm reviving this thread to sticky, so for all new sales news (Adventure Shop, Steam, GOG, anywhere), please post here instead of starting with a new thread each time.

And to give it a kick start, Machinarium is now on sale from the official website for only $5 until August 12th. If that sounds cheap, it's still $5 more than most people apparently paid. This is Amanita's "Pirate Amnesty" sale, encouraging all the freeloaders to finally cough up some bucks for a game that's well worth it.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #12

I don't think anyone has mentioned this on the forum yet.

Steam's now selling a bundle of games called Cyan Complete Pack -- which includes realMyst, Riven, Uru, Manhole and a few other Cyan games that I'm not familiar with -- for $19.99. realMyst and Riven are on sale individually for $4.99 each.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4870/
Old 08-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned this on the forum yet.

Steam's now selling a bundle of games called Cyan Complete Pack -- which includes realMyst, Riven, Uru, Manhole and a few other Cyan games that I'm not familiar with -- for $19.99. realMyst and Riven are on sale individually for $4.99 each.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4870/
Just to add a bit more to that, the additional, less well known games from this pack (Cosmic Osmo, The Manhole and Spelunx) are well worth playing and I consider the pack to be a good deal.

However, Riven does tend to crash and freeze a lot on modern systems. I experienced this plenty of times as I play it. It's frustrating to say the least. I think Riven is the real highlight though. That is a great game.

Also, there's a Summer Sale over at the adventure shop, the three Art Of Murder games are discounted, along with the Chronicles games.

Oh, for GB viewers, the Cyan Pack is £14.99
Old 08-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaara View Post
Oh, for GB viewers, the Cyan Pack is £14.99
Could you please explain why the Cyan Pack is five dollars cheaper for GB viewers, who/whatever they are?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:05 AM   #15
Failed Birthday Elf

Art of Murder & Chronicles of Mystery games at 50% in the Adventure Shop,

http://uk-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/SUMMER_SALE.html

@Fien - £/$ and GB is Great Britain (i.e. UK) if you weren't aware.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #16
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
@Fien - £/$ and GB is Great Britain (i.e. UK) if you weren't aware.
Oh my God, that is so incredibly stupid of me. I knew that, of course I did. I'll go stand in the corner for a while. And not for the first time either.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #17

@Fien. My fault, I should have just put UK next time lol.

Don't worry about the price point, UK pay about $65 for new releases over here, so I reckon it evens out
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
Senior *female* member

I'm repeating Mamba Games' offer in the more appropriate discount thread.

"Due to fantastic support we are offering a special pre-order deal for the most anticipated adventure of 2010 "Gray Matter" for PC. We are offering a pre-order special for a crazy price of just £11.62 (excluding shipping).
This offer will only be valid until 12pm 16th August 2010."

http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/

I don't know about shipping to the US but to my own country, the Netherlands, it's just £2.21. Very reasonable. In Euro's that's 14 + 2.65 = 16.65. In dollars 18.50 + 3.50 = $22. Dead cheap.

Last edited by Fien; 08-09-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #19

That's amazing. German Amazon (where I've been ordering lately because of cheapest delivery costs) has Gray Matter for €42,80.

Problem with their game catalogue is that they're all German versions, of course.

How long will the Adventure Shop summer sale last? Only I've got a birthday coming up and added Scorpio Ritual to my wish list, so I can't really buy it myself now and risk someone already got it for me.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 08-10-2010, 04:20 AM   #20
Hol
3D artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I'm repeating Mamba Games' offer in the more appropriate discount thread.

"Due to fantastic support we are offering a special pre-order deal for the most anticipated adventure of 2010 "Gray Matter" for PC. We are offering a pre-order special for a crazy price of just £11.62 (excluding shipping).
This offer will only be valid until 12pm 16th August 2010."

http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/

I don't know about shipping to the US but to my own country, the Netherlands, it's just £2.21. Very reasonable. In Euro's that's 14 + 2.65 = 16.65. In dollars 18.50 + 3.50 = $22. Dead cheap.
Or Amazon is now doing it for £11.71 with free UK delivery! Can't believe the pre-order is so cheap!