You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #101
Schattenjäger

in case you werent aware, great deals from gog this weekend: http://www.gog.com/en/promo/adventure_titles
Old 12-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #102
The 'Mighty Dragon'

TLJ was worth it just for the free extras that come with it, IMHO, and for the extra piece of mind in regards to installing it.

If you've already got TLJ and loved it, you might as well get it again just for a foolproof copy
Old 12-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #103

Strange. I posted a list of adventure games with direct links to them on GamersGate last night. It hasn't materialized. Did a mod give it the thumbs down?
Old 12-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #104
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez View Post
Strange. I posted a list of adventure games with direct links to them on GamersGate last night. It hasn't materialized. Did a mod give it the thumbs down?
It just hadn't been seen.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
It just hadn't been seen.
I got a message saying it would have to be looked at after I posted it. Did I do something wrong?
Old 12-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #106
Super Moderator

Every post by members with low postcount get run through a spam detector. Long lists of links usually get caught by that, and your post was one such instance.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Every post by members with low postcount get run through a spam detector. Long lists of links usually get caught by that, and your post was one such instance.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be more careful next time. It's a shame because I spent about 20-30 mins compiling it. Well you live and you learn.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #108
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez View Post
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be more careful next time. It's a shame because I spent about 20-30 mins compiling it. Well you live and you learn.
Thanks for the effort you put into it!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #109
The Quiet One

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut now available from GOG.com for $4.19! Also, a promo of 60% off by buying the entire series. $7.17 for the lot or $2.39 each.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #110

Amnesia:The Dark Descent is half off for weekend sale. $9.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by phredster View Post
Thanks a bunch, too bad that Steam rarely lets any Adventure games go on sales
Funny timing here, but in general adventure games are on sale when they have big holiday sales with tons of games on sale. In the past year or so I've purchased...

Broken Sword 2&3 combo - about $1.99 or $2.49 total
Strongbad season 1 - $4.99
Secret of Monkey Island:special edition - $2.49
Safecracker - $1.99?
Penumbra Collection - $4.99

Last edited by strandiam; 12-09-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut now available from GOG.com for $4.19! Also, a promo of 60% off by buying the entire series. $7.17 for the lot or $2.39 each.
What a bargain. That's a good deal for the three games. I know a lot of people gave Broken Sword 3 alot of heat but I really enjoyed it.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #112

Default Casebook - 50% Off Xmas Special

Hi folks.

Long time reader, first time posting here.

I'm from the Casebook development team. I wanted to let you know that we have put Casebook on special for the Xmas period at our official Casebook website.

There's a free episode on our site too.

For those that aren't keen on digital downloads the boxed edition (published by Mamba Games) is also available at The Adventure Shop.

Thanks & Merry Xmas to all.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #113

i think nowadays amazon uk had a discount on games.....especially bundles since holidays approach.it's worth checking at least.(i know i have since i've spotted a lot of targets,mainly bundles like syberia 1&2 or Runaway 1,2,3 etc)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #114

There's a "name your own price" bundle for charity that includes Machinarium, Braid, and three other indie games. Certainly worthwhile just for Braid - I'm debating whether to get it for Machinarium. You can pay as low as $1.

http://www.humblebundle.com/
Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #115

GOG's at it again with a holiday promo, featuring 30%-50% off about 300 titles, a few of which are adventure games. Check out the list here.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #116

So what GOG's sale games should I get? My wishlist includes Syberia 1 and 2, Simon the Sorcerer triology, Still Life, Outcast, Gobliiins pack and Real Myst. I haven't played any of those. Also I see the Tex Murphy series high rated, but I'm no really a fan of FMVs, but a good game is a good game. Any recommendations?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #117

Difficult question! I'd say all of them (am unfamiliar with Outcast, though) considering the low price.

I'm playing Still Life right now and I'm having trouble stopping to go to bed - it's excellent. It does hold you by the hand a bit and features some annoyingly tacked-on puzzles, but the story is superbly well told. Takes place during Christmas, too.

And the Tex Murphy games just might be some of the best adventure games ever made. In my humble opinion, of course. (I've only played UAKM and PD.)

I splurged on Waxworks, Personal Nightmare, Manhole and the first Dark Fall. Would have bought Feeble Files as well but I think I want that one on my physical shelf.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #118
She Wants Revenge

Also interested on Feeble Files and Tex Murphy games. I don't think I'll buy all though, have to consider now... Too much good sales and too little time and money.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #119
She Wants Revenge

I would be interested in Agatha Christie's Then There Were None title, currently it is on sale on BigFish (7$) and Impulse (5€). The package in Impulse seems to be larger though, what's the deal? And does BigFish still require some monthly fees or something, or does it work like GoG?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #120
The 'Mighty Dragon'

BigFish is free to use, but there is a subscription option.

I'd say go for Impulse if you have it installed. Much easier