You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Book Of Unwritten Tales English US New Release Date Have Been Dated

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsampikos View Post
I do have the subtitles, if i remember correctly, if you are interested in it. I downloaded them by the time they were available for download. I think i have them somewhere, if I am not mistaken. So I think, that i will buy the german version after all, since i speak german. But I would prefer an english version
If you could send me the subs that would be great My mail is simplex(at)g.pl
Old 04-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #62
Banned User

Default Please send me them too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
If you could send me the subs that would be great My mail is simplex(at)g.pl

Since i created this subtitles but lost them from my hard disk and mediafire deleted them. And i realy liked the fixed older subtitles version i did.

Took me a long time to work on them.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 AM   #63

That's bad news I hope someone has a good version of the subs, I'd love to play BoUT.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #64
Banned User

Default Email i got from one of the programmers of this game:

Re: BouT englische Texte

Excuse me - somehow I took it for granted that you'd speak german given that you've translated all ingame texts of a _german_ game. Now that I learn that you don't I'm even more curious about how you managed to create the english version of all the texts & dialog! :O

I'm one of the programmers involved in creating the game so I know that all the data is easily available in a pretty human (and machine) readable format and easy to modify but my first guess was that some work-in-progress data from the official localisation had gone into the wrong hands! I just thought I'd drop you some lines to let you know that you really impressed me there... Curious to see what my collegues have to say about it when I'm back from vacation. It's great to see how much effort and enthusiasm fans put into creating walkthroughs, reviews, posters or even english subtitles. )

So thanks for that nice surprise and rest assured - an official translation is coming! I'm really impatient too but on the other side I'm glad they (as the developer we have only provided the tools but are not involved in the localization) don't rush it. Part of what made Bout a success in germany is the quality of the dialog, the humor and the great voice acting... there's so much to mess up when not localizing it properly.^^

Cheers,
Thomas

------------------

First he sent me this email in german he thought i know to speak and read german
It was long time ago on 2009.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #65

So by what miracle were you able to translate the game from german while not knowing the language?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #66

I have both subtitles I think, new and old ones. I will provide them to both of you, and everybody else who is interested in it. Since I speak german, I do not have a problem buying the german version, but I would like to have the english option available too. Will the official english translation be in form of a patch, which will "transform" the game language to english?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #67
Banned User

Default Simplex well:

Quote:
So by what miracle were you able to translate the game from german while not knowing the language?

As i wrote to the programmer too. I used some translation program and some of the text i translated alone with a book translation from german to english.
Thats why it took me so much time. That was on the old subtitles i did.

Even though the old subtitles wasnt perfect. But was good enough at least for me to understand the story and how and what to do in the game.

Its not a miracle just a very long work.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:06 AM   #68
Banned User

Default Tsampikos thanks for the subtitles and about the patch:

Quote:
I have both subtitles I think, new and old ones. I will provide them to both of you, and everybody else who is interested in it. Since I speak german, I do not have a problem buying the german version, but I would like to have the english option available too. Will the official english translation be in form of a patch, which will "transform" the game language to english?

If sometimes they will decide to make english version infact there is a golden version in english. But they just didnt publish it yet. Thep roblem is with the publishers. The english version is ready long time ago.

So infact they dont need to make a patch just find a publisher.

Jwood enterteiment was suppose to publish it but now they arent. Dunno why.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #69

Jowood has big financial problems. They declared bankruptcy. This is the problem. I would prefer to buy a full english version than the german one with subs, but the problem is the waiting time. How long will we be waiting for it. Exactly the same problem causes the delay of the english version of "Haunted" i think.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:18 AM   #70
Banned User

Default tsampikos did you find the subtitles the fixed old once?

Quote:
Jowood has big financial problems. They declared bankruptcy. This is the problem. I would prefer to buy a full english version than the german one with subs, but the problem is the waiting time. How long will we be waiting for it. Exactly the same problem causes the delay of the english version of "Haunted" i think.

About waiting for the official english version. Well as you said the waiting.
I thought to wait too but in the end i decided to play it.
I bought in 2009 the german version ordered from germany amazon.de a boxed version and used my own subtitles.

I can say 100% i understood the story ( even if the openning video scenes dosent have any subs not english not german ) and i also enjoyed this game like i didnt enjoy any game before i think.

Dont wait. Trust me you will also buy the english version later and play it again.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #71

OK, I will then buy the german version.

I would like to ask the following. Which is the difference between the old and the new subtitles that you created for the game?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bout View Post
As i wrote to the programmer too. I used some translation program and some of the text i translated alone with a book translation from german to english.
Thats why it took me so much time. That was on the old subtitles i did.
Even though the old subtitles wasnt perfect. But was good enough at least for me to understand the story and how and what to do in the game.

Its not a miracle just a very long work.
I'm sorry I did not mean to denigrate your work. What you did was amazing and I applaud you for it.

Quote:
If you speak german, pehaps you could compare both versions of subtitles and see which are better? Or perhaps compile "the best" version from both sources?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:43 AM   #73
Banned User

Default Simplex i dont speak germany or read germany:

Quote:
I'm sorry I did not mean to denigrate your work. What you did was amazing and I applaud you for it.

If you speak german, pehaps you could compare both versions of subtitles and see which are better? Or perhaps compile "the best" version from both sources?

But in my opinion the old fixed subtitles versions i did are the best.
I hope he will find fo us the old fixed subtitles so we can use them again.

For now try the new once. soon as ill find the old fixed once ill publish them again.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 AM   #74
Banned User

Default Tsampikos:

Quote:
OK, I will then buy the german version.

I would like to ask the following. Which is the difference between the old and the new subtitles that you created for the game?

There was old fixed subtitles version i did. If you find them please upload them to somewhere.

The new subtitles i did are working and good but i prefer the old fixed once since they were made by anoother program and also by me my self with a translation book from germany to english.

So there is a difference.

I hope ill find the old fixed version sometimes soon.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bout View Post
If you find them please upload them to somewhere.
And if you do do that, do not publicise it on these forums. Any unofficial translation links cannot be posted here.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #76
Banned User

Default Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
And if you do do that, do not publicise it on these forums. Any unofficial translation links cannot be posted here.

Ok. Will not publish any links over here.

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #77

So if I understand it correctly, the English version was almost done but is now officially stuck in the limbo because there's no publisher willing to acquire the rights to BoUT from JoWood?
Well...
Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #78

That's my understanding. I wish someone would "acquire" the English subtitles from that version and publish them online

Last edited by Simplex; 04-14-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #79
Schättenjager

Your wish came true,i acquired and published them online.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #80

You know that it is not April 1st?

If you really did then PM me the link, but I am not getting my hopes up