You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #21
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDream View Post
Don't know about you guys but I'm stuck at the very beginning.. What the heck am I supposed to do after reading the letter written by Daniel himself? There is nowhere to go..
If I remember correctly, I think you're looking for a secret passage.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDream View Post
Don't know about you guys but I'm stuck at the very beginning.. What the heck am I supposed to do after reading the letter written by Daniel himself? There is nowhere to go..
Have you tried reading your mementos as said in the tutorial?

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #23

Oh my... this game is so intense, its physically exhausting. I can't play for more than 20 minutos at a time because i get all drenched in sweat and my heartbeat is all over the place. I'm at the dungeons... i don't want to know what lays ahead... Fantastic game.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #24

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

im not easily scared, this about makes me poop
Old 09-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Have you tried reading your mementos as said in the tutorial?
There are none..
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
If I remember correctly, I think you're looking for a secret passage.
Yes, that is correct. But first it is necessary to find lantern.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #27
Schättenjager

I didnt find this game specially scary cos graphics/lightning fx etc pretty old ,but playability fine, have that ol'school feel makes you keep playing.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emx77 View Post
Yes, that is correct. But first it is necessary to find lantern.
I did find it but it ran out of fuel before I managed to find this alleged passage. Now what? :/
Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #29

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I never use my lamp or tinderboxes because im more afraid that im going to run out and need them more than anything else
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #30

I don't scare easy, but the first half of this game is pretty intense. It's brilliantly designed, with great use of lighting and atmosphere. Plus, I like the fact that it's set in the early 19th century, yet they don't make a big deal of it.

Problems:

-The graphics obviously suck although they get the job done. I know that they are an indie outfit and the engine only had one programmer so it's hard to fault them for this, but even with all the bells and whistles turned on this still looks like the first "Unreal" engine to me (or the original "Thief" engine). It'd be cool to see what these guys could come up with if they had several million dollars and a cutting edge engine, as they are obviously much better at game design than they are at programming.

-There's like no puzzles. I actually don't have a big problem with this, as the puzzles that are there are really integrated well into the game. But if you are expecting an oldschool adventure game, as opposed to a well crafted mood piece (which is what this is), then don't bother.

It's still a great game, though. Especially for only 20 dollars. And as I said, it's by far the scariest game I've ever played--and I don't scare easily. It probably works best, though, if you know absolutely nothing about the game. I didn't know going in that there even were monsters, so the first encounter with the freaky emaciated white thing was horrifying (I actually gasped involuntarily).

You should all buy it now if you haven't. I'm hoping it sells tons of copies so the creators will have the money to do the same thing again, only with better graphics.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
I never use my lamp or tinderboxes because im more afraid that im going to run out and need them more than anything else
Don't be afraid to use them, as there's always plenty if you look.

By the end of the game I had like 15 left over of each--so I ended up wishing I had used them more along the way.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #32
The Quiet One

Yahtzee's done a review of the game, which is pretty amusing.

Remember, it's not to be taken seriously.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #33

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Although quite late to discuss this game ... but since I jus finished it I thought to say few words.

Awsome is the 1st word.

I ve not been more scared to open doors in games since Silent Hill 1. Amnesia just scared me to the core.

The endings (multiple) were bit dissapointing though. I wholeheartedly support the idea of non violent endings but then you need to make it more psychological involving delima in decision making. It just did't do it.