You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure AG Community Playthrough #11: Blackstone Chronicles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Stalker of Britain

Default AG Community Playthrough #11: Blackstone Chronicles

Hey all!

Welcome to the 11th Community Playthrough on AdventureGamers.com! This time, we'll be trekking through a creepy, not-so-abandoned insane asylum in John Saul's, "Blackstone Chronicles"!

This game does go into some gruesome details about what used to happen in insane asylums, and other quite disturbing topics of torture and stuff, so if you are offended by this or have a weak stomach, this game might not be for you. Even if you don't like it, feel free to join in, if you have anything to contribute about why you didn't like the game.

This game was also based on a series of serial novels written by John Saul, but you don't need to have read them to enjoy or understand the game. The books actually hardly deal with anything from the game, besides the memories of the inmates that we learn intimitely in the game. So once we meet a new "ghost" of an inmate, I will let you know what the book had to say, in the way of a single flashback, about them.

I hope you'll have fun and join us in our playthrough! I'm just posting this now to make sure people are able to install it and etc, for we will not officially start the playthrough until Friday. I hope this sounds good for everyone!
Attached Images

Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #2

Awesome, can't wait.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 09-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #3

Great - I definitely want to join in, I just hope that the game will work on my computer and that I find the time to play regularly
Old 09-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I'm in!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Even if you don't like it, feel free to join in, if you have anything to contribute about why you didn't like the game.
I'll be reading this thread and I may even post once or twice, but don't worry, I won't spoil anybody's fun.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #6

I couldn't install the game. Seems that the quickime version on the cd is broken (?????). And any other version won't do.
But i try to read the playthrough and remember the game and look at youtube.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:26 AM   #7
High Table's Low Chairman

Hello everyone, and thanks a bazitrimillion Fantasci5 for notifying me of the new playthrough.

But I won't be joining in. Currently I am lagging behind in my schoolwork even though I am putting effort into it, so I can't afford doing more on the side.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
Pixiehunter

Whoot! playthrough! I'm in
And yay for starting friday! Just as my first course has come to an end and I have some spare time again!

@seagul (and mods): I don't know if it is within the rules of the forum, but I can maybe sent the install of quicktime that is on my copy? After all, you already have the game, so I hope it's not against any rules to sent something that you already have but is unfortunately broken? (If it is, I sincerely apologize for mentioning it )
Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #9

Default Aww...

Gah, this is so frustrating. For some reason the Ebay seller sent my copy only last week and it's probably going to take at least three weeks until it arrives - probably more. By which time I suppose you will be well into the game already.

Oh well. I'll see if I can join in some time in the middle. Here's hoping.

Hope you all have fun!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #10

@ Luna Sevithiainen:

you are very kind! It would be nice to have a copy of your quicktime 3.
I don' t think it is forbidden to send a copy of a programm that you can get (in an advanced version) for free. I couldn't find a version of quicktime 3 in the internet. But we should wait till a mod gives a statement.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Stalker of Britain

Hey guys! I'm pretty sure you can go ahead and send the Quicktime install through PM or email.

I hope you can get it working, Seagul!

Karrel-I'm sorry you'll be busy, and I hope you'll at least pop in every once in awhile.

Harald-whenever you get your copy, feel free to jump in!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #12

Fantasysci, how do you see the playthrough being broken up in terms of hours of gameplay progress per block or update?

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Old 09-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #13

Yay the latest playthrough! Thanks for notifying me, Katie.

Even though I won't be playing the game, I'll be sure to follow this most excellent thread. And just because I love writing stupendously long posts, I might even comment every once in a while. Ha!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
Stalker of Britain

Aww, Deadwolf, you won't be playing either? We'll have less people then I expected.

inm-Please, just call me Fantasy. lol And I was thinking of a way to break it up into "chapters", since it does have some linearity to it. While in the asylum, we will run into and have to "help" about 5 ghosts, by way of giving them a special item they used to own, back to them. I know this may sound confusing, but it will make sense once we start to play. So, I think for the sake of the start of the playthrough, we may play through till after me give Mary back her lighter. But let me double check and make sure.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #15

Sounds good, fantasy!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #16

Wow! I actually have this one. If I can get it to work on Vista 64 I'll join ya.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #17

I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now, and decided to finally post something. I never used to be a fan of adventure games but have recently (within the past year) become a huge fan of the genre, and I've been playing numerous adventure games over the past few weeks. Currently I'm working my way through "The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition" but I'd love to join this community play through. However I'm not sure how it all works, so if there is anything special I need to know or do please inform me.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #18
Stalker of Britain

Hello there!

Thanks for thinking about joining in on the playthrough! There's nothing really you need to "do", besides play through the game, I guess. We set a point for players to play through the game until a certain point, and then we come back here and discuss it, anything we like or dislike about the game, any questions we have, etc. It's basically supposed to get people thinking and talking about it.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #19

Ah alright, that sounds like quite a bit of fun, and an easy way to pace myself through the game. I will definitely be joining in on this, I should have finished Monkey Island by Friday.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Aww, Deadwolf, you won't be playing either?
I'm sorry, I don't currently own that game.

But... but... but... I'll read a whole bunch of info on it and seek videos and images and all that cool stuff, just because I'm very curious about it now! And I'll visit the thread a gazillion times a day!