You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New game from Ace Attorney writer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Default New game from Ace Attorney writer

http://www.officialnintendomagazine....e.php?id=11234

Not sure if this has already been mentioned here yet, don't recall seeing any discussion on it.

I think this sounds interesting, an original adventure on the DS with the same quality of writing as the Ace Attorney series can only be a good thing in my opinion. The only thing is...the poster says release 2010 in Japan, that probably means about 2013 for a western release (assuming it's actually gets published over here at all) .

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

It sounds very, very, very similar to Shadow of Memories, with just a tiny difference (Eike wasn't dead; he was given a second chance).
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #3

Well count me as excited* - sounds ace.

(*Cautiously so, given that with the likely timeline for a Western release, it'll be a while before we see it...)

And on a side-note: was Shadow of Memories actually any good? I believe it's going to be re-released for PSP soon, so be good to know if it's worth the effort. Quite like the novelty of the notion of playing something adventure-ish on my largely neglected PSP...
Old 09-04-2009, 02:29 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozwah View Post
And on a side-note: was Shadow of Memories actually any good? I believe it's going to be re-released for PSP soon, so be good to know if it's worth the effort. Quite like the novelty of the notion of playing something adventure-ish on my largely neglected PSP...
I found it wonderful...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to L-Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozwah View Post
And on a side-note: was Shadow of Memories actually any good?
It is one of the coolest games I have played. Terrific story and gameplay and well, simply an amazing gaming experience.

Only thing that bothered me a few times when playing is that the graphics are a bit dated, so I would definitely get it for PSP if I were you!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #6

Shadow of Memories is one of the best stories told.
The thing I liked is that on your first playthrough the ending might seem satisfying but leave a lot of plotpoints open. Once you get all endings, all questions will be answered.

I loved everything about it except for the somewhat bad voice acting.
The atmosphere was great(in that little german village)music was great and game looked good.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
XXJ

Ghost Trick some screen shots.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/a53cdf47402335
http://www.imagebam.com/image/04ca2b47402337
Senario writer "Shu Takumi" of phoenix wright
and producer "Hironobu Takeshita" of Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.......
hum...
I don't know about the English version of this game.

I think that "Ghost Trick" screenshots are too childish for non-japanese gamer.
I herd that Level5 company sold a lot of "professor layton and curious village" with more adult and cool DS cover jacket in Europe.

So, I think that this game need some visual change for different culture people.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #8

Cool, much thanks AndreaDraco83, L-Jazz and Origami for the positive feedback on Shadow of Memories; that's more than good enough for me, so will definitely keep an eye out for the PSP version now.

(Will possibly be a while though. ETA is 1 October for Japan, no word for Western release, AFAIK. Hmm, wonder if it'll be released before Ghost Trick is finished...)
Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 AM   #9

If you are in possession of a PS2, I would rather look for a PS2 copy of the game.

1# You'll probably find it supercheap (got mine for 15 euros in excellent condition)

2# It should be played on a big tv screen =)

3# Graphics might be downgraded on PSP.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:29 AM   #10
XXJ

Ghost Trick trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TePXHz00ZWU
Old 09-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Ok...I think we can all agree the style is 100,000 miles away from Phoenix Wright, the graphics (and even music) actually strongly remind me of PSP puzzle/platform game 'EXIT', a game that I'm quite fond of but which is definitely not in any way an adventure game. So admittedly I'm a bit surprised at how this is looking, but actually quite intrigued: I think this could have the potential to be quite a unique gameplay experience.

Just as a side note, did anyone else notice the weird little sun glasses - wearing blue sperm thing in the title logo?

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!

« Machinarium | iBASS »