You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #1

Default Lost Horizon

Animation Arts is currently working on the adventure game Lost Horizon, which is intended to appeal to many old and new fans of the genre through its gripping storyline, lovingly designed presentation, and highly varied gameplay. In 2006, they cooperated with Fusionsphere Systems to create the multiple award-winning adventure game Secret Files: Tunguska and its 2008 sequel Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis. The backgrounds are completely handdrawn und zoomable.

1936: Nazi henchmen are traveling the world over, searching for occult weapons to help with plans for further conquests - and for a key artifact to unlock the mythical Shambala. When Fenton Paddock, a former British soldier and hapless smuggler, is asked to find a lost expedition in Tibet, he has no idea that his search is going to lead him through three continents, and eventually to a secret that could turn the whole world upside down...

New pictures:

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 08-24-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added line breaks so page isn't crazy wide
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
J.H
Frak.

Never heard of it before, not to keen on the storyline but they way it's told could be great. Art looks really nice to.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 AM   #3

This game was inspired by Indiana Jones and will bring back the Indy Fate of Atlantis and The Last Crusade-feeling.
There is a new Teaser-Website online: http://lost-horizon.deepsilver.com/
Old 08-25-2009, 06:48 AM   #4

Look absolutely beautiful. And the stroyline sounds great to. Although Shambala has been discovered about a couple of years back,
then again...

And on top of it it's from one of the developers of the Secret Files games wich (as I said before) in my opinion are the best games of the last 10 years.

Can't wait till it's released.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #5

I can't say I'm all that excited about the Indiana Jones-inspired theme; I've grown so tired of this type of story. Let me guess, you have to recover a long-lost artifact lest it fall into the wrong hands whose motivation towards world domination is adamant.

It looks pretty but I think I'll pass.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
Freeware Co-ordinator

I wonder if it takes any of its inspiration from this film of the same name. The plot outline doesn't seem close but the Tibet part would fit.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #7

Nice plot, beautiful graphics, amazing trailer And it reminds me of Prisoner of Ice which is one of my favourite games
Old 08-26-2009, 02:06 AM   #8

I wonder if this is an adventure or an action-adventure game. The developer and screenshots suggest it's an adventure game but the trailer has a lot of fighting in it. Of course that's just cutscenes but still I wonder...

In any case I'll pick it up. Looks to good not to buy
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #9

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
I can't say I'm all that excited about the Indiana Jones-inspired theme; I've grown so tired of this type of story. Let me guess, you have to recover a long-lost artifact lest it fall into the wrong hands whose motivation towards world domination is adamant.
But... but... but.... but that's a GENIOUS idea for an adventure game!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #10

are the environments 3D or just prerendered? (hard 2 tell from those caps)
Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
But... but... but.... but that's a GENIOUS idea for an adventure game!
*Laughs* Nah. Besides, world domination is overdone in games. And forget about Nazis man; I want Purple Tentacle! This little guy could take over my world any day.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
3rd person fanatic :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
I wonder if this is an adventure or an action-adventure game. The developer and screenshots suggest it's an adventure game but the trailer has a lot of fighting in it. Of course that's just cutscenes but still I wonder...

In any case I'll pick it up. Looks to good not to buy
No, the gameplay is classified as "Quest" - If it were hybrid action, it would say so there.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:04 AM   #13

I did a little digging and allegedly there are a few action sequences in the game. Wether this is the BS3 type of action sequence or the Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy type of action sequence it does not say.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #14

A new batch of screenshots featuring the Himalayas:

Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I wonder if it takes any of its inspiration from this film of the same name.
Which was, in turn based on a 1933 novel, which was Franklin Delano Roosevelt's favorite book. He had even called what was to become Camp David "Shangri-La" in honor of the book. I guess that we will see just how far off from the original story line the game will be, but as far as the comparisons to Indiana Jones, Lost Horizon predates, not only Indy, but George Lucas (b. 1944) himself by a good eleven years.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #16

Oh man ! Those new screenshots look good ! can't wait for this game to be released. Does it have a release date yet ? Or is it still "2010" wich is something I can live with seeing as it allready is 2010
Old 01-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #17
Banned User

Nice screenshots! The character models are pretty well done. They do a great job fitting them into the 2d environment. I loved the original book, so you can understand how excited I am for this game.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #18
J.H
Frak.

Wow the new screen-shots are amazing I really can't wait for this game now. The story might not be so original but it doesn't bother me so long as it is told in an original way through the gameplay.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Wow the new screen-shots are amazing I really can't wait for this game now. The story might not be so original but it doesn't bother me so long as it is told in an original way through the gameplay.
Um...it's by the guys who made Secret Files. I think it's gonna be very similar in terms of story development and gameplay.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #20

This game is definetely high on my "looking foward to" list. The graphic and the settings are absolutely gorgeus and the story seems interesting, though I doubt it will be in the range of Broken Sword series. I've also read something about action sequences; though I'm a traditionalist when it comes to adventure games, if this will be something like in Fahrenheit, I'm not complaining.

Since I've played both Secret Files games, I know that the graphic and sound would probably be the best features of this game, while story and puzzles may lag behind. But I'm certain that the fun factor will be guaranteed.

Now, all we have to do is wait patiently. AFAIK the release date for this game is not yet fixed, and like all the adventures which are released in german first, there is probably going to be a long waiting for the english-voiced version.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III