You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannik View Post
Does anybody know approximately how long the game is, as in actual hours?
If the SF games are any indication quite long probably. (though the first one was considerably lengthier than the second)
Old 08-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #62

Thanks. I just read in a preview (on this site), that the game will be a little longer than SF 2.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #63

Quote:
Thanks. I just read in a preview (on this site), that the game will be a little longer than SF 2.
Really? Good to hear! I felt SF2 was cut short. Like there where two more locations they just hadn't had time to develop.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #64

I asked the same question on the official forum - a snippet from the reply:

"So for a reasonably experienced player it should be 15+ hours (we have tons of voice overs in the game, and it took 20+ hours even for our Secret Files Lead Designer to play through LH), with all the bonus content that will be unlocked after the first playthrough it's even more".

If it sounds weird that I care that much about the length of the game, the reason is, I've been offered a review copy, and I don't have much time on my hands at the moment, so I wanted to make sure I could review it within the deadline before accepting (unfortunately I can't). I was hoping for at shorter game

Last edited by Jannik; 08-03-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #65

After playing and reviewing the game I may confirm the stated 15+ hours for completing the game. There are no really hard puzzles and therefore the story permanetly "flows". It took me pretty exactly 15 hours to complete the game plus another hour for playing the bonus material and watching the great video sequences again, including the intro video with the song "Follow me, into the land of sunrise ...".
Old 09-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #66
Schättenjager

Finally an ag with handrawn looking backdrops that i cant resist
Old 09-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #67

Has anyone else experienced very long installation process? It took me 10-12 minutes to install the game
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #68

I finished the demo a couple of days ago. User interface is nice, music is nice. The background graphics look stunning (as always with Animation Arts). Great work there. In contrast to that, the 3D characters are still very low on detail and stand out, in a bad way.

Puzzles were very easy in the demo but i don't mind that. Voice acting didn't impress though. The main character was reading his lines but nothing more than that. The voice acting for the other characters didn't do much for me either.

Story seemed ok but the characters felt unteresting. It seems Animation Arts still hasn't mastered that aspect of making an adventure game. A compelling story with interesting characters and maybe some emotions/humor/... It all feels very flat again (same as in Secret Files). I felt indifferent to it all when playing the game.

After playing the demo, the main reason for wanting to buy the full game is discovering more of this stunning background artwork and locations. I wish i could say it was to discover the story and get to know the characters better though. In that sense, the AG review seems spot on: "Storyline never rises above the clichés that inspired it; flat, two dimensional characters".

Still, i think i'm going to buy it. It's a shame though that Animation Arts doesn't seem to improve from game to game.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #69

Ok so can those of us in the US get this game yet? If I download it from a UK site will it work on my machine? If not, when is the US release?

Thank ya!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #70

Quote:
Ok so can those of us in the US get this game yet? If I download it from a UK site will it work on my machine? If not, when is the US release?
Take a look at this topic on the Deep Silver forum:

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=51149
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 09-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #71
lost in rubacava

"Ok so can those of us in the US get this game yet?"

Dave at Interact has it. I got it before the game's US digital download release date. It costs more but I prefer to have my games on disk whenever possible.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #72
Jumping peanut on a stick

Lost Horrizon left me mostly positive, but still mixed feelings. On one hand it's a welcome change of pace for a point&click genre.. on the other it never rises above its superficial and cliche plot. Not that it tries to anyway.

At its best, Lost Horrizon is a highly enjoyable fun-ride. The first 2 chapters fly by smoothly and they sport just the right amount of action, cut scenes and puzzles. For me the problems started somewhere in the middle of 3rd chapter.. somehow the game looses its momentum and turns into another "fetch A, give it to B so you'll get C" quest. The plot comes to a halt as well (ok, there is some advancement, but I got the feeling, it's there just to enlongate the game some more). Luckily the game picks up the tempo again in 5th chapter and then just gets better till the end (there's 7 chapters in game).
The beautiful mistic backgrounds in the last chapter kind of brought back memories on The Dig (it would be great to play something like that with modern graphics seen in Lost Horizon)..

So overall, I did enjoy it. For me it's miles above first Tunguska (didn't play the second, since the first one bored me to death) and other recent adventures, such as Runaway, Alter Ego, etc.. However it never reaches the hights of titles such as The Whispered World and Machinarioum.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #73
Schättenjager

Fine said.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #74

I liked both Secret Files: Tunguska and Secret Files: Puritas Cordis and very much enjoyed playing as either Nina or Max, so if Lost Horizon is even half as good, I will be happy. I have the game but want to finish some other games before I play it.
P. S. I am still waiting for 15 Days to be released, game is on pre-order right now.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #75

I've got the Lost Horizon yesterday and started to play it. Currently I'm still on the section of the game shown in a demo version, so I haven't seen the other gorgeus locations yet. But I'm absolutely loving the game, despite the fact it's very straightfoward for now. I'm continuing my adventures today.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 09-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #76

is this game slated for a US boxed release? and when? i am currently in a position where downloading it is simply out of the question and i eagerly want to play this game.

deep silver's website was no help

any info is appreciated
Old 09-28-2010, 04:01 AM   #77
asian freak ;<

Send a message via MSN to Marte

Quote:
Does anybody know approximately how long the game is, as in actual hours?
Started playing it yesterday around 1930, and was done with about 80% of it around 03:00 in the morning. That was with using a walkthrough when really stuck and with no pauses.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #78
Professional Life Lover

Send a message via AIM to C_Knight Send a message via MSN to C_Knight

Really enjoyed this one! Last chapter was a favourite. Characters were entertaining but I wish they'd develop Richard and let you play more of his story. Perhaps in a sequel? Anyone else think he looks like Heath Ledger? The whole trying to obtain a disguise quest to enter the stadium in Germany was hilarious!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #79
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Great game!
Maybe a little too easy, but that didn't matter so much; the story was well driven.
The thing I liked most about the game was the locations; very varied experienced in a detailed world.
Also, finally a protaginst that actually got to you! Funny and good voice acting. Maybe not as good protagonist as Stobbart, Walker or Threepwood, but still a solid protaginist, something I missed for a long time in adventure games.
I agree with the previous post: the last chapter was the best one!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #80
lost in rubacava

This one's a keeper as far as I'm concerned. Great graphics (aside from the 3D closeups), excellent voice acting, funny and often irreverent dialogue and the past/present interaction was a clever variation on teamwork. I never wanted to close out the game and do something else...oh, like sleep or go to work.

Come to think of it, was that a hint that we might see more of Fenton Paddock after you complete the bonus puzzle? I wouldn't mind at all.