You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure something like dracula 3: the path of the dragon?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #1

Default something like dracula 3: the path of the dragon?

hi. anyone can suggest me a game like that dracula? thank you.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #2

Similar in atmosphere and story, or in gameplay style and puzzles?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #3

in everything. i played syberia, both secret files games, runaway 2 (all was very good games). then this dracula and it amazed me. one of the best game i have ever played. so thought maybe you can suggest me something like this one. i liked its puzzles, storyline, atmosphere.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #4

Ok then. Maybe you'd like to try out other Kheops games, like Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy, which has a somewhat dark tone and atmosphere, not unlike Dracula 3. But then, Dracula 3 is rather unique, I agree. Hmm... let me think.

Of course, there's Still Life, which is also quite moody and amazing. Be careful of the sequel though, it isn't exactly done in the same style. Also, yesterday I completed Art of Murder: FBI Confidential and I've now started Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual. I like them both.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

If you haven't any problem with outdated graphics or with the use of emulators like DOSBox, you can't go wrong with the three Gabriel Knight, since they are truly masterpieces. Plus, their Gothic atmosphere and dark, grim setting may whet your appetite, if you liked Path of the Dragon.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #6

Allow me to second that suggestion; the Gabriel Knight trilogy is indeed must-play material.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
capsized.

Here's another couple to, er, thumb through!

Spoiler:
I recently finished the library without using a walkthrough and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Also: Bloodlines. And as for the oldies: Veil Of Darkness.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:11 AM   #8

I would also suggest the Gabriel Knight-games, especially if you don't mind older releases.

But as Deadwolf said, Nostradamus is worth getting. It's from the same developers, and it's quite similar in style (though it's not really a horror game). The puzzle design is similar to the one in Dracula 3 (there's some very enjoyable puzzles in there), the user interface is similar, there's the same sense of historical authenticity and... well, it's just a very enjoyable game, really.

Kheops have made many enjoyable first person adventure games. Games like Journey to the Moon and Return to Mysterious Island are definitely worth playing, and share some elements with Dracula 3 even though they are very different in style.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 AM   #9
capsized.

Here's a couple more for you to consider.

Spoiler:
I recently completed the library puzzles without resorting to a single line of walkthrough and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

On a more serious note there's also Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines, and if you don't mind the oldies such as The Monkeys there's a game called Veil Of Darkness. Gabe3 is the most obvious pick for a good number of reasons though. Plus, let's hope Kheops themselves are one they going to tackle something similar to this.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:40 AM   #10

ok, thank you. now i have a decent list of games to play will start with gabriel knight trilogy.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:27 AM   #11

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Glad to hear that! You're in for a wonderful journey!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #12

I'd vouch for Black Dahlia as a rich story and dark atmosphere, but the puzzles are a bit tough and sometimes irrelevant to the story. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the game and liked how they intertwined the Cleveland Torso Killer, Nazis and secret societies, the Short murder, etc. all into a huge story.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 07-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
capsized.

Here's a couple more for you to consider.

Spoiler:
I most recently finished the library without resorting to a walkthrough once and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

I'm with you though. It's past midnight, I'm alone, put my headphones on and had to turn off the game after five minutes or something - might as well have shipped the game with some fresh pair of pants rather than a Latin Bible and an edition of Stoker's Dracula! The historics make this feel a little too.. real. Hey, how about an online petition trying to convince Kheops to do something similar themselves?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #14

There's also Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder to consider. That's another first person adventure game, technically very similar. And like Dracula 3, it can actually be quite scary at times (that cellar... that horrible, horrible cellar) There are some annoying puzzles in it, and it's not quite as good overall, but it's definitely an interesting game.