You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Which actors would you choose to play your fav characters in a live action movie?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #1

Default Which actors would you choose to play your fav characters in a live action movie?

So i was just thinking who would you choose to play the part of your favourite game characters?
For instance If they made a Gabriel Knight movie I'll choose Henry Cavill (with blonder hair) to play GK and Kristen Kreuk as Grace. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #2

Josh Holloway for Gabriel Knight. Whenever I watch LOST, I think of GK whenever Sawyer speaks.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #3

Leah Remini as Grace. She did the voice in the first game.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Josh Holloway for Gabriel Knight. Whenever I watch LOST, I think of GK whenever Sawyer speaks.
Perfect choice !

Sins of the Fathers with Holloway in the lead would be pure gold !
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 06-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
Welsh Dude

From what I've read on the Revolution Games forum, a Broken Sword film is in the pipelines!

I'd like to see Aaron Eckhart as George Stobbart and Audrey Tautou as Nico Collard.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #6

josh holloway would be great as well for GK. Leah Remini would not be good as grace as she's too old plus shes not asian. The asian girl from lipstick jungle would also make a good grace i think.
I cant think of anyone who would be a good live action actress for April Ryan from tlj. Also who would be the perfect Guybrush Threepwood?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Josh would be awesome. Hmm...I would always like a Myst movie, but for me, the original actors, so like Rand and Robyn, would have to play them. Hmm, how about a "The Longest Journey" movie? That would be awesome. Not sure who I'd want to play April, though.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #8
kamikaze hummingbirds

Bob Hoskins as Samuel Gordon.
Nothing more need be said.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyliesthebest View Post
josh holloway would be great as well for GK. Leah Remini would not be good as grace as she's too old plus shes not asian. The asian girl from lipstick jungle would also make a good grace i think.
I cant think of anyone who would be a good live action actress for April Ryan from tlj. Also who would be the perfect Guybrush Threepwood?
I can see your point as it concerns Remini. Though I personally think that being Asian is not a very important part of Grace's character. Especially not in the first game. So I'd just change her last name into something less Asian sounding. Also, the age issue can probably be resolved with a lot of make-up.

Then again I didn't see lipstick jungle so perhaps your candidate's better suited

If there will be an adaptation of the first game I think Michael Dorn should definetly play Dr John again. He even looks like him !
Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #10

I could imagine Paul Walker as Gabriel and Mark Wahlberg as Mosely.

Also Jennifer Connely as Kate Walker and Mark Strong for Samuel Gordon
Old 06-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #11

Default GK cast (pictures)

Ok so here is my Gabriel Knight 1 cast for the movie (with pictures):-

Gabriel Knight:
http://www.enjoyfashion.com/images/f...h_holloway.jpg

Grace Nakimura:
http://deco-00.slide.com/r/1/57/dl/s...MCP2/watermark

Detective Mosely:
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/81...0.281x425.jpeg

Malia Geddy:
http://www.hairpedia.com/hair-styles...ion-006029.jpg

what do you think?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #12
merely human

The Messenger (originally released as Louvre: L'Ultime Malédiction)...

Quote:
Morgan Sinclair, a Secret Service Agent [working for the British government], has been charged with the mission to retrieve 4 artifacts, called Satan’s Keys, from the Louvre Museum. These four keys, when joined together, cause complete global annihilation. Go back in time to three periods in time when various kings used the Louvre as their residential palaces: Charles V Mediaeval period, Henry IV Renaissance period, Louis XV 1789 French Revolution period, and return safely to present day. In this race again evil and against time, you as Morgan must find the keys before the vengeful descendants of an evil cult of Black Templars combine these mystic artifacts triggering Armageddon.
I want Eva Green as Morgan...

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #13
I think with my heart

I want Gary Oldman. He is my favourite actor ever and he doesn't get a lot of good roles these days *shudders at the thought of the remake of "The Unborn*.

I'd like him to play Brian Westhouse. I think he could play him with a twist

Gary Oldman might be a bit too old, but I don't know, I'd love him to play that role

Old 06-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Ok so here is my Gabriel Knight 1 cast for the movie (with pictures):-

Gabriel Knight:
http://www.enjoyfashion.com/images/f...h_holloway.jpg

Grace Nakimura:
http://deco-00.slide.com/r/1/57/dl/s...MCP2/watermark

Detective Mosely:
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/81...0.281x425.jpeg

Malia Geddy:
http://www.hairpedia.com/hair-styles...ion-006029.jpg

what do you think?
Josh Holloway might be a good pick for Gabe but I thought the verdict was already out on that. Mike Myers could be very funny as Mosely so way to go there. Gabrielle Union wouldn't have been my first choice (I was more thinking Lucinda Davis) But it could work.

As for the chinese girl. I'm wondering if she's also an actress or just a model. She doesn't seem familiar to me and the add doesn't mention her name.
(probably is a very famous actress whom I donot recognize. Making me look real stupid)

Personally I think it's much more important the actors ACT the way the characters did in the game rather then LOOK that way. If they will make the game into a movie and the casting agency picked a blonde actress for Grace and changed her last name into Nash or Napier but she really got the character more then anyone else, then that would be fine by me.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #15

I like Sheila Goold as Catherine in a possible Riven movie, or, (because this movie might take years to be realized) Catherine's mother.

She has the voice:
http://www.toposwopetalent.com/voice...Goold_comm.mp3

And she has the looks:
Attached Images

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Grace is nice, but this girl does not fit into my Malia image too well. She is not sophisticated enough, looks like a disco singer - which she may be for all I know
Old 06-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasiaD View Post
Grace is nice, but this girl does not fit into my Malia image too well. She is not sophisticated enough, looks like a disco singer - which she may be for all I know
You do now that's Gabrielle Union (Hint : very famous Hollywood actress) you've just pointed out as a discosinger right ?

She's a singer all right. Just not a disco singer.

If you reply and look at the quote above you get the entire add in wich her name's mentioned

It's all in the details
Old 06-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #18
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruca View Post
I want Gary Oldman. I'd like him to play Brian Westhouse.
That would certainly be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
I like Sheila Goold as Catherine in a possible Riven movie, or, (because this movie might take years to be realized) Catherine's mother.
Hmm...maybe. I'm just so used to the actress who played her in "Riven". Not even the one in "Exile" really caught my attention. But, I can see it,
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hmm...maybe. I'm just so used to the actress who played her in "Riven". Not even the one in "Exile" really caught my attention. But, I can see it,
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment, Fantasy, but Sheila Goold did play Catherine in the Riven game, although someone else did the voiceover. I missed her in Exile ... there was something very mysterious about the original Catherine.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 06-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
Stalker of Britain

haha I feel stupid. I knew that name sounded familiar. Her picture you linked to looked so different! But yes, I thought she did beautifully in "Riven", she was so pretty. When reading the "Book of Atrus", I pictured her as Katran the whole time. It was played by someone different in "Exile", though, correct? Well yes, I agree with you now.