You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure (spoilers) THE LAST EXPRESS - everything about this gem game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #141

I recommmend Agatha Christie's Murder on The Orient Express.

But that's a given....I think.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #142

Well, Verhoeven has announced that he is currently working on a film adaptation of the Louis Couperus novel The Hidden Force. So if there's going to be an adaptation of The Last Express, it will probably have to wait for a while.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #143

^
wrong topic, but still apreciated =D
Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 AM   #144
Schattenger

You know, i must be one of the few who does not like this game. I bought, played for a while and hated it. I respect for what it is but i can´t played and i tried a lot of time.

Also, i hated Murder on the Orient Express. I found "And then there were none" better in every sense but not by a whole lot.

" I Can´t use these two Things Together"

Playing: Myst 4, So Blond, Memento Mori

Next in Line: The Black Mirror, Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

Just Finished: Alter Ego, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life, Secret Files 2
Old 08-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno_Malta View Post
You know, i must be one of the few who does not like this game. I bought, played for a while and hated it. I respect for what it is but i can´t played and i tried a lot of time.

Also, i hated Murder on the Orient Express. I found "And then there were none" better in every sense but not by a whole lot.
Maybe you don't like trains?

Honestly though I can see why you didn't like this game. The first bit took me three hours to finish and a whole lot of cursing. However when you get used to the gameplay you might find it to be enormous fun
Old 09-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #146
Schattenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
Maybe you don't like trains?

Honestly though I can see why you didn't like this game. The first bit took me three hours to finish and a whole lot of cursing. However when you get used to the gameplay you might find it to be enormous fun
LOL....yeah..i thought about that but if this were true, i would hate Secret Files 1 and Uncharted 2 lol...which i love.

I will give it a try again and see if i can manage it. My whole problem with it lies in that you can miss some events if you do things certain way and really despise this kind of thing.

My problem with orient lies in that i really wanted to be Poirot instead of that lady and i found the dialogs a bit shallow.

Just Finished: Alter Ego, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life, Secret Files 2
Old 09-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #147

"I will give it a try again and see if i can manage it. My whole problem with it lies in that you can miss some events if you do things certain way and really despise this kind of thing. "

Good news for you, I hate that too.
But I can guarantee you, if you use the 'reverse time' option from time to time, you will probably handle 90% or more on your first playthrough.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #148
Schattenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
"I will give it a try again and see if i can manage it. My whole problem with it lies in that you can miss some events if you do things certain way and really despise this kind of thing. "

Good news for you, I hate that too.
But I can guarantee you, if you use the 'reverse time' option from time to time, you will probably handle 90% or more on your first playthrough.
Really? Thanks for the tip. I will try it. Then i will come back latter to tell you what i thought of it.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #149

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcXp3r63WIw#t=6m28s

goosebumps
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #150

After a long time I can put here some new links that could be interesting for anyone who likes or loves TLE. I was happy to do an interview with Nicole Tostevin, who spent 3 years working on TLE. We talked about her work on the game and also her awarded independent film. She also sent me some interesting pictures (color tests etc.), some of them I included in the interview.

I also wrote an analysis of TLE, which won't tell you plenty of new things, if you know the game very well, but there might be something of interest.

Why all that? It was part of Rotoscopy issue of our film magazine. Pretty good excuse to have TLE included :-)

I will be glad to have any feedback from you.

Interview with Nicole Tostevin (art director, character designer, User Interface designer and lead special effect animator)

TLE analysis

Last edited by veruncheek; 03-16-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #151

Beautiful articles =)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #152

great news! Jordan Mechner just announced TLE will be later this year available for iPad and
iPod
iPhone, of course! although i do not use these devices, I am happy TLE will got more attention.
http://jordanmechner.com/blog/2012/03/tle-ios/

Last edited by veruncheek; 03-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #153

Default TLE iOS & TLE journals

Maybe I should start a new thread about The Last Express going to iOS, but since it will take some time, although it can be quite soon, I will post here. I am interested if you are playing on iPads and iPhones adventure games. I only saw and played for a little while Broken Sword 2 and it was great. I am not an Apple person, though I wish I was, and am seriously thinking about buying iPad for some time now...
Anyway, I was happy to find what Patrick Ladislav, 3D art director of the game, wrote: "And it looks great on the iPad ! It feels even more immersive on a iStuff ! DotEmu is really exited about it !"

Also, if anyone is wondering about the release of Jordan Mechner's TLE Making of Journals - I was quite sure this is going to happen - this answer on twitter sounds 50/50, not more: "It's been a while. I need to reread those old journals and see if they're print-worthy."

I hope and am sure they are print-worthy. I am sure if Jordan knows we are interested, he will release it as he did with PoP journals. Of course, PoP is much bigger audience...

Anyway, check out the news here: http://jordanmechner.com/
on Facebook page of TLE: https://www.facebook.com/lastexpress
and Facebook fan group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2263462895/
Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #154
It's Hard To Be Humble

Well, I know I'd be interested in reading Jordan's journals from this game's development period. I'd prefer a new game done in the same mold, but journals would be nice, too.