You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Broken Sword Director's Cut coming in March!?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #21

Has anyone heard of pricing for both versions? I see amazon and gamestop are listing them at $30/$50.

As someone who has never played the game before, that seems a little high considering I can get 1 & 2 for less than $10.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
The Quiet One

I'd fully recommend you get the 2 of them on PC first. At least this way, if you get the DC, you'll appreciate the new content a lot more.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Yep, i'd much prefer a new game. But the idea behind this game, as others have pointed out, is to generate more interest in adventure games, via the DS and Wii, and get more people into the Broken Sword series. I think if this does well, Revolution should have the funds for a new game. I just hope it's a new IP, but it'll probably be a BS5 or a Beneath a Steel Sky 2.
This is a good point. Those who didn't get to enjoy Broken Sword the first time round get a second chance. I won't be buying it though as Broken Sword is perfect the way it is.

Quote:
I hear it has twelve more goat puzzles.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #24
The Quiet One

I agree that the first one is great the way it is. Thing is, i'd still like to get the DC though to check out the new content and the extra story elements. See how it all comes together. But i want this sucker for the PC and it doesn't look like there will be one. I sure as hell ain't forking out £100+ for a DS or a Wii for one game.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #25
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Yay, I have a DS and am really excited by this. Even though I know the game through and through it'll be great to have it available to play if I'm bored on a night shift.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #26

Gah, why only DS/Wii? I just bought a PS3! I hope it makes to PC at least...
Old 01-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #27

I'd be more than happy to play this on the Wii if it actually turns out to be decent. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:25 AM   #28

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

Quote:
I agree that the first one is great the way it is. Thing is, i'd still like to get the DC though to check out the new content and the extra story elements. See how it all comes together. But i want this sucker for the PC and it doesn't look like there will be one. I sure as hell ain't forking out £100+ for a DS or a Wii for one game.
Come on! by judging from your Alucard avatar there are plenty of newer good Castlevania games, and Phoenx Wright series, and much more for the ds ! (tons of Adventure/RPGs/Platforming/Puzzle games!) Alongside with Broken Sword now!

I made a similar thread but a month after this thread was made. I can't wait!
Just played a few hours in with the first game. Got stuck in Scotland, the irony is that I also got stuck in Scotland on the third game haha.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #29
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
Come on! by judging from your Alucard avatar there are plenty of newer good Castlevania games, and Phoenx Wright series, and much more for the ds ! (tons of Adventure/RPGs/Platforming/Puzzle games!) Alongside with Broken Sword now!
Yeah, okay, there's the new Castlevania games and i'm curious about the Pheonix Wright/Professor Layton games too... But at the moment, getting a DS isn't my highest priority. However, for the time being, Broken Sword DC is the only game i'm interested in on the DS.

And even though there were about 4-5 games i was interested in on the psp, i have to question if it was worth the £135 i spent on it. I hardly even use it. But when i do it's mainly for ScummVM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #30

Quote:
Yeah, okay, there's the new Castlevania games and i'm curious about the Pheonix Wright/Professor Layton games too... But at the moment, getting a DS isn't my highest priority. However, for the time being, Broken Sword DC is the only game i'm interested in on the DS.

And even though there were about 4-5 games i was interested in on the psp, i have to question if it was worth the £135 i spent on it. I hardly even use it. But when i do it's mainly for ScummVM.
I agree, but the ds does for sure blow away the PSP away when it comes to software selection but I suppose there is no rush in getting a ds yet .
Old 02-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #31

New interview on IGN , my expectations are doubled now, and BTSS sequel talk go check, still no word on DS VAs, i think they are in

Last edited by nomadsoul; 02-02-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
New interview on IGN , my expectations are doubled now, and BASS sequel talk go check, still no word on DS VAs, i think they are in
http://wii.ign.com/articles/949/949584p1.html
Check it out people!
It was a nice interview, but they did not go into the details around voice acting on the different versions. I appreciate that they will keep the hint system they had around the gba version (of what I have read). But nevertheless I will pick the ds version but in hope for that much of the dialogue is still around.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #33

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45349.html

now this is what i call remake, i have to get it on Wii then the 3d panel cutscenes and hifi presentation will definatley be trimmed down on DS.

Nico art is awesome, we have winner here finally BS what it should be
Old 02-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #34

I was definitely impressed with that video, although I didn't watch it all to avoid spoilers... (Who would've thought there would be spoilers to find in BS1 again after playing it several times before?)

I specifically liked the dialogue box and animation.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #35

That footage was rocking. The quality of the graphics and animation, especially the new facial expression boxes, are a lot more advanced than I was expecting. The dialog text boxes looks a lot better, too. This could really improve upon the original Broken Sword experience.

One of the few problems I had with the original game was that, while the animation was brilliant, some took way too long and became really frustrating if you had to watch them over and over. It's doubtful but hopefully some of that has changed.

One of the easiest things to implement would be a quick transition to the next scene. It's also quite annoying waiting for George to walk the entire length of a scene just to get to where you want to go. When you click on an exit, have the game automatically fade in to the next scene like in some new adventures.

Also, maybe it's just me but in the original game, I didn't really get why I had to go
Spoiler:
to Spain when it became available on the map. I just went there because I could. Maybe I'm forgetting a clue but it seemed rather random to me at the time. Also, at the end of the Ireland section, the transition back to France was quite abrupt and I was a bit confused as to what I just discovered.
When George travels places, I'd like to see a quick animation of a plane taking off or something, just as some visual representation that he's traveling far away and not just walking from one scene to the next.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #36
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
Also, maybe it's just me but in the original game, I didn't really get why I had to go
Spoiler:
to Spain when it became available on the map. I just went there because I could. Maybe I'm forgetting a clue but it seemed rather random to me at the time. Also, at the end of the Ireland section, the transition back to France was quite abrupt and I was a bit confused as to what I just discovered.
Spoiler:
Spain appears on the map after you've spoken to Andre Lobineau, at the Crune Museum, the day after the museum is broken into. George had got him to decipher the manuscript and Andre discovered a reference to the De Vasconcellos, a family connected to the Templars, which is on the shield of the knight holding the lens.

As for Ireland, apparently George did stay at the pub for a night before heading back to France. What George saw in the castle was what scared Professor Peagram and caused him to close the dig. It was a tapestry of a Templar hanging with the name Montfaucon above (or below) him.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #37
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Well that was a surprise.

I didn't actually realize this is coming to the Wii also? Even though it seems that it was written so earlier in this thread also...

Looks quite nice and all, but the animation looks weird, propably something to with the 3D looking characters, I noticed this same stuff with A Vampyre Story as I started to play that recently.

Now I don't know which version should I get. The DS version or the Wii version? Though I don't have a Wii, yet...

I wonder how much actual new stuff this director's cut will have?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #38

Thanks Alucard, that jogged my memory a bit
Old 02-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #39

I've heard that the publishers aren't interested in releasing the PC version since there's already 4 of them out, and this one has "only" some new content...

But i sure hope they change their mind... I'm sure i won't be getting the DS but i'd run to the store to get the PC version 100%
Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #40

I'm definitely getting this on the Wii when it comes out. It should be awesome.