You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure How long could you happily play for?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #21
Adventure Gamer for Life

I'm a marathon gamer. I recently replayed Still Life and it took me two days, with probably about 8-10 hours straight on the second day.

Some games get too annoying after a while, but a game I really like, especially a replay will keep me glued to it until I have to stop for sleep or work. I'm that way with the Phoenix Wright games, too.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

I remember playing each Tex Murphy game for whole afternoons/evenings up to 4am on a few occasions before my whole body complained and made me sleep. Stupid body. They just captured my attention so much I couldn't stop playing, same for Deus Ex (that's part adventure right? ).

It took essay deadlines to stop me playing Overseer so much. No other games have captured my attention so much before or since. Loved them.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #23
Flower bower bird

I have to be careful not to start a game when I have other committments going because I tend lose track of time when playing. If my husband calls me for dinner, he knows that grunts or uh-huhs do not necessarily mean I've heard him on a conscious level. I've been known to play 8-10 hours straight, but, like Colpet, I stop when my brain gears start spinning unproductively.