You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Alter Ego - Upcoming adventure by Future Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
3rd person fanatic :)

Default Alter Ego - Upcoming adventure by Future Games

I found this project and some screenshots from Future Games's website. It was announced 25.11.2007. How come it's not here at adventure gamers at all? I would certainly be interested in this game. Website promises a playable demo for this month. Anyone else heard from this?

Oh yeah, and what's up with "Limbo" and "9 Till Death"?

Link to Alter Ego website:
http://www.future-games.cz/html/AlterEgo/en/Home-page
Old 08-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Psychonaut

Looks ok.

Unfortunatly their screenshots all look interchangable. Some of those screenshots could have been from Black Mirror or Ni.Bi.Ru.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

The website must be pretty new. (EDIT: Thanks for the heads-up, by the way.) There was no info previously because Future Games generally can't be bothered dealing with English press.

Hopefully there'll be more about it at GC.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
3rd person fanatic :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
The website must be pretty new. (EDIT: Thanks for the heads-up, by the way.) There was no info previously because Future Games generally can't be bothered dealing with English press.

Hopefully there'll be more about it at GC.
You're welcome. Every now and then I hunt the internet for interesting upcoming games, and I simply accidentally found this. So when is the Games Conference held? This sure looks promising. By the way, Jackal, Do you happen to know something about Limbo or 9 Till Death... searched the net, but couldn't find anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Unfortunatly their screenshots all look interchangable. Some of those screenshots could have been from Black Mirror or Ni.Bi.Ru.
I don't understand why it's unfortunate..? I Liked very, very much both Black Mirror (4 stars) and NiBiRu (4½ stars) especially because this kind of mood and environment in the grapgics. That's the major reason, why i'm so much waiting for this game

Last edited by MoonBird; 08-17-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

GC starts tomorrow, I believe. So, lots of news coming in the next few days, I expect.

I haven't heard any new updates on the other two games for the longest time. I wouldn't think that bodes well for either game, but I have no confirmation that either game has been scrapped, so you never know.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Banned User

I sense a name change in the near future.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 AM   #7

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
GC starts tomorrow, I believe.
Crossed-fingers for you-know-what by you-know-who and for a little bunch of others you-obviously-know-what.

By the way, to remain IT: If I don't remember wrong (as soon as I find a reference for this news I'll post), I think that 9 till death was erased from production a couple of months a ago.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 08-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #8

Quote:
There was no info previously because Future Games generally can't be bothered dealing with English press.
No info about 9 Till Death in Czech either, other than 1 short press article 3,5 years old.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #9

I had made an interview with Future Games about this game, enjoy.
http://chod.sk/abl48
PS: I must say hello to GameBoomers, with which I wanted to share too, but since I cannot register there for maybe 6 months, it's exclusive just for AG . I even wrote them mail, no reply.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #10

Hm, sadly, this mix of Czech and English is pretty much unreadable...
Old 11-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
Fulci lives

Dunno how i should feel about Alter Ego? I was really psyched for Next Life, Futures earlier game, and that turned out to be a huge disapointment.

The fact that they are releasing the game on both Wii and Pc is making me cautiosly optimistic. Maybe it will be an alright game, after all.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Crossed-fingers for you-know-what by you-know-who and for a little bunch of others you-obviously-know-what.
Hell yeah, I know what you mean! At least, I think I do...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
It's Hard To Be Humble

Well, the English translations are a bit weak, but it sounds interesting. I like the tone of the screenshots, actually.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
Stalker of Britain

Ooh, I'm kind of looking forward to this game. I liked "Black Mirror", but I think Lucien meant that we don't want to see the same screens again; we'd like something new. I know it's the successor to "Black Mirror", but since they have a sequel in the works too, I'm wondering if the plot will diverge a bit...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #15

I've just viewed the screenshots and concept sketches available on official site, and I must say I'm intrigued - mainly for the good graphic capturing of atmosphere and setting - this is what drew me to "The Black Mirror" aswell. Generally, I'm not a big fan of dark themes, but I think I'll make an exception with this one.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:55 AM   #16
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Ooh, I'm kind of looking forward to this game. I liked "Black Mirror", but I think Lucien meant that we don't want to see the same screens again; we'd like something new. I know it's the successor to "Black Mirror", but since they have a sequel in the works too, I'm wondering if the plot will diverge a bit...
Ah ha, I see what you're saying. Truth to tell, I completely missed Black Mirror, screenshots and all. Looks like that's a game I should look into then. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #17

Send a message via MSN to Mayboy

This game looks to have stalled some what. According to ToTheGame it's expected release date of Q1 2010 has now been removed and replaced with TBA.

It's a shame. I hope it surfaces at some point as I loved Black Mirror.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Ah ha, I see what you're saying. Truth to tell, I completely missed Black Mirror, screenshots and all. Looks like that's a game I should look into then. Thanks.
You should, definitely. It's a great game even if it has some logical problems and an ending that leaves many questions unanswered. I've recently completed the sequel, Black Mirror 2, and that managed to answer a few questions - only to come up with new ones. Same problem as with BM1 - the ending is not really satisfying. But it seems there's another sequel in planning so maybe that one will answer all questions once and for all

It's a shame that Alter Ego has been set to TBA; I was really looking forward to this game, hoping that Future Games would do better than on Next Life/Reprobates even though I still think that Next Life/Reprobates is not a bad game. It does have its merits but also many downfalls. For example, the dream sequences were brilliant and exciting whereas wandering about the island, picking up sticks and stones and such was boring, boring, boring.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #19

Teaser has arrived:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/...go/Teaser.html

The release date is still set with Q1 2010.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptin View Post
Teaser has arrived:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/...go/Teaser.html

The release date is still set with Q1 2010.
The trailer sure looks promising and somewhat succeeds at setting the mood, though it doesn't show much...

Anyway, I loved Black Mirror, so here's hoping Alter Ego will live up to my expectations. They're pretty high.