You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Overclocked/Has anyone played it?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #1

Default Overclocked/Has anyone played it?

This game looks very good to me. Seems like the storys coming before the puzzles which is fine with me.

Anyone played it or know if there's going to be a demo soon. It's gone gold and slated to be availible in the US on Mar 31st.

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Game fanatic

I've played it for five hours or so, the german version that is.

So far, I've found it to be quite mediocre. Lots of apparent holes in the progression logic, mediocre puzzles, mediocre animation/graphics and mediocre dialogue/voices. The music is excellent, as is the concept of the game, but so far it's really struggling to convince.

I remain hopeful that it gets better further on.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #3

I've played a bit of the German demo. It seems to be a very good game. However, the game is also a bit weird as

Spoiler:
you go through the memories of your patients

As said, there is a German demo out. It can be downloaded from Filefront, I think. But it means you have to understand German, of course
Old 03-31-2008, 07:51 AM   #4

I played the French demo for this game and I am anxious to play the rest. Today is the scheduled release, but I can't find any info about buying it online or at Canadian retailers. If someone finds this game, PLEASE let me know
Old 04-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I've played Overclocked. It's not for everyone with its depressing atmosphere, but at the same time it feels very fresh, because of the multidemensional approach to violence in human lives. Also, the game starts rather slow, the first two chapters are basically all about giving story & characters background information. It pays off in the end, however - the tensions and relationships felt so much more real. I wasn't too fond of the puzzles - I found nothing exciting about figuring them out. It's a game to be played for the complex storyline and its presentation. I've also heard there's a certain amount of alternative pathways in the way the main hero deals with his patients towards revealing the key information, so the game might be replayable.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
Jumping peanut on a stick

Wasn't English version supposed to be out already?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #7
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

On 31st March, Lighthouse started shipping to retail. Orientational release date in stores is 11th April. And that's only for U.S.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 04-05-2008 at 06:38 AM. Reason: altered confusing roman numeral date format
Old 04-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
Caffein Queen

And appearantly it will be on Gamersgate - by mid april

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 04-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #9

What on earth is going on with pc game prices these days? I just pre-ordered Overclocked for 21 euro and perry rhodan for 24 euro on play.com. In a shop in belgium, i just saw assasin's creed for 35 euro, pc version.

Did i miss something?
Old 04-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
Baddest Badguy Ever

I saw it in Walmart in Canada today. $40 Cdn
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #11

You've seen it in Canada?! I can't wait to play it and it's not available on Amazon.ca. My brother went to Walmart today and looked for me but it wasn't there. Maybe next week. Thanks, now I'll keep my hopes up.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
Baddest Badguy Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegirl View Post
You've seen it in Canada?! I can't wait to play it and it's not available on Amazon.ca. My brother went to Walmart today and looked for me but it wasn't there. Maybe next week. Thanks, now I'll keep my hopes up.
That's right, I am not sure which part of Canada you live in, but I saw it at a Walmart in Edmonton, Alberta. Cheers.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 AM   #13

Overclocked is number "4" at Gamespot "most popular games" in the PC section and number "10" in the "overall" section. Thats not something you see everyday for an adventure game!

:-)
Old 04-14-2008, 04:04 AM   #14

How do you think it will compare on PS3 to PC in terms of graphics, controls, etc.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:42 AM   #15
Schättenjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelza View Post
How do you think it will compare on PS3 to PC in terms of graphics, controls, etc.
LOL, game reqs. 1.3 GHz Pentium or AMD processor and
512 MB RAM so better to compare with ps2.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Dreamfall Soon!

I received my copy today.

I'm very excited to play it!! I want to put it in right now, but I don't want to start it until I have a good chunk of time to devote to it.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #17

Please let us know how it is!

Thank you.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #18

I tried to play the German Demo, but because I have an ATI 2600 HD graphics card, the first cutscene of the demo is pure black. There's a patch for fixing this problem, however, the patch is only for the FULL german version, not the demo.

I tried to find the cutscene online, like youtube perhaps, but no such luck. I wonder if anybody has it posted somewhere.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:14 AM   #19
Sik

I've played it for a few hours, and so far, I don't like it much. I can't quite put my finger on why, though. I like what it tries to do, it's just not working for me. There are so many little things I find annoying. The voice acting isn't bad, but dialogue feels flat, uninteresting and slow. Choice of camera angles is terrible at times. The dark and gloomy atmosphere looked great in screenshots, but it does nothing to draw me into the game. None of that would matter much if the story was interesting and the story-telling good. So far it's not, but I'm only a few hours in. I'll pick it up again later, and I really want to like this game, so I hope my first impressions are wrong.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #20
Schättenjager

Overrated @
http://pc.ign.com/articles/865/865809p1.html