You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman
Default Black Mirror 2

Any news on the project ? I have not seen any worthy discussions on it nor even seen any official site for it.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

I actually for that a sequel to TBM was in development

Anyway, there is not much new info available about the project. The only news I found was that the DTP confirmed the development of Black Mirror 2 and that was about it. Just search this website for Black Mirror 2...

Some other info (not much though):

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Bla...ment-2529.html
Old 02-07-2008, 02:56 AM   #3

I've read on a German board that the game will be in 3D. Also, you'll be playing a female cop. Here's a screenshot:
http://www.adventure-treff.de/images...007_tag2_3.jpg
Doesn't look like a woman to me...
Old 03-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

This screenshot is quite ugly, and the character doesn't look like a female (nor even like a male, that's for sure).

The latest news I've seen is here, but it does sound like it will be a long way, a very long way, since the game will be finished.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
This screenshot is quite ugly, and the character doesn't look like a female (nor even like a male, that's for sure).

The latest news I've seen is here, but it does sound like it will be a long way, a very long way, since the game will be finished.
I agree with you on the character; it's hard to tell whether this is a man or a woman. Supposedly, it's a woman but it just doesn't look like one. Apart from that, it looks pretty gloomy - is this the same cellar you have to explore in BM1? It reminds me of the mines...
As for the news, I'm happy to get at least a small update but I think we won't see BM2 this year.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:04 AM   #6

Here's a quote from the King Art site.

"Black Mirror 2 Pre-Production successfully completed!
We have the concept of Black Mirror 2 for dtp successfully completed. In parallel, we have to work a second adventure to the first information it soon will!"

Sorry for the rough Google translation. Not much info there, but we should be hearing more about it in the days to come.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 AM   #7
In an evening of July...

dtp entertainment just published a press release stating that Black Mirror 2 will be 2.5D. Great news indeed.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:07 AM   #8

Default Black Mirror 2 - New Screenshots

Looking good!

http://adventuretreff.de/images/gale...ts&galerie=393
Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Oh my god I can't wait to hear more news about the game. I hope it will come out very soon.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to Mayboy

This is looking amazing I simply can't wait. From looking at the screenshots there the locations look a bit brighter and more cheerful (the sun being out etc) where as in the first all were quite dank and gloomy. I wonder if the same guy will do the voice work for Samuel, I found it quite laughable at times.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #11
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

OMG best news ever. Black Mirror was one of my favourite games of the past few years. Such a great adventure game.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I dont understand why this awful game gets a sequel, yet so many good adventure games dont ever see the light of day again.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
I dont understand why this awful game gets a sequel, yet so many good adventure games dont ever see the light of day again.

Please elaborate...
Old 04-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to kuddles

While I really enjoyed the first one, save the potential for a dead end that existed, I'm hesitant since this one isn't the same developer from the first one, nor a developer that has made a single previous game.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #15
3rd person fanatic :)

Whoa.... Screenshots from Black Mirror 2 - At last! Looks great so far. Not too far away from the "autumn feel" of the original. I was positively surprized!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #16

Quote:
It's true, that so many good games just don't get a sequel. It's just that... Anyway you look at it - Black Mirror 1 was a success as a game. There were much people, who loved it.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #17

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Got one question. Is it sequel or prequel to the Black Mirror? cause as far as I can remember
Spoiler:
the dude dies in the end
in the Black Mirror.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 04-11-2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spoiler tags added
Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #18

Ehm... maybe you could use spoiler tags there Sandman
Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #19

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buko View Post
Please elaborate...
Sure,
I would personally rate black mirror a 4/10. This game takes the entire adventure gaming community for granted. The game generally consists of running back and forth between hotspots that you have to revisit countless times. I remember walking around places over 10 times looking for things that have "magically" changed. While the story isnt awful, its still not great and to me seems like typical adventure fair, only mysterious and brooding.

To top it off the protaganist is a real prude, and with the horrible voice acting, I cant see how people could fall in love with this game.

Adventure games are always filled with fetch quests, and hotspots. This game took it way too far.

I remember having to go to town, head back to the mansion, head back to town, head back to the mansion, and then having to head back to town yet again, just to get something stupid that I probably had to bring back to the mansion. Shoddy, just shoddy I tell ya!

:-)
Old 04-11-2008, 10:25 PM   #20

Quote:
The game generally consists of running back and forth between hotspots that you have to revisit countless times. I remember walking around places over 10 times looking for things that have "magically" changed.
This is just the thing why I really love adventure games: exploring, looking things and talking to people to solve the mystery. If the game is too obvious and linear (and we could call it an interactive movie), then it gets boring at some point, and the feeling of real adventuring is gone.

Last edited by MoonBird; 04-11-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: additional things