You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #1041

WTF? This game IS going to be available in English in 1 week? Why the FRELL doesn't dtp just put this game on Steam?

Worse. Publisher. Ever. :-(
Old 11-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #1042
Banned User

Default Here is a link for the game to buy and download in German:

Im not sue if this digital download version will include any english.
Sprache: deutsch
So im not sure but they confirmed there that the release date is the 12 of november thats in 3 days now.

And im sure if in real stores the german version will have english voices so this one too.

http://www.gamesload.de/gray-matter/news/#news_1
I bought some games on this site and downloaded from there.
So i think we all should track and keep an eye on this site.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I'll repeat what others have already said: both the standard edition and the collector's edition have English and German voices. That's what the publisher's shop says, so what more confirmation do you need.
Also the community manager of the publisher wrote in the publisher forum (Link):
Quote:
The disc dtp releases includes German and English language version.
and
Quote:
The box dtp releases (with German and English version of the game) will have a german box and manual.
So the box releases will have the german localization. No word on the german Download versions available at german download distribution platforms yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
Why the FRELL doesn't dtp just put this game on Steam?
It's not that easy. The publisher that distributes the game in germany doesn't distribute it worldwide. They have partners that releases it in other countries. And these partners obviously are going to release it at a later date. So if the german version contains the english localization they probably talk to their partners first before putting it on a worldwide download distribution platform, in case the partners fear that such a version would harm their own sales. Just speculation of course...
Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bout View Post
And im sure if in real stores the german version will have english voices so this one too.

http://www.gamesload.de/gray-matter/news/#news_1
I bought some games on this site and downloaded from there.
So i think we all should track and keep an eye on this site.
Anyone knows another german (or non german) digital store that might sell GM at lauch day? I think i will cancel my Amazon pre order and go for a digital copy. I dont think i can wait a week till the game arrives here, i want to play at lauch day.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #1045

I would at least wait until it's confirmed that the german download version will also include the english localization. This hasn't been confirmed yet. It's just a speculation.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #1046
Adventure games fanatic

I knew this was too good to be true. Polish release has been pushed to 26th November. Still close...
Old 11-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #1047

The Xbox 360 PAL version of Gray Matter has just been released (with the 5 european languages included) in the "land of monkey Island"
So, the "pirates" are playing this game now...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMWEB View Post
The Xbox 360 PAL version of Gray Matter has just been released (with the 5 european languages included) in the "land of monkey Island"
Well, good to know dtp did an English track before Feb 25th!!! I guess that means we can order this game for PC from Europe in 2 days then!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #1049

Quote:
I dont think the pirates care about Gray Matter lol
Old 11-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #1050

lol.... yeah, I doubt any 360 gamers have even heard of Jane Jensen, let alone even played Gabriel Knight.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #1051

Quote:
lol.... yeah, I doubt any 360 gamers have even heard of Jane Jensen, let alone even played Gabriel Knight.
I do! (and many others too) but waiting for the official retail USA release

PS: I played GK2 10 times

Last edited by DREAMWEB; 11-10-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #1052

Quote:
Any word yet if it's region coded? I'll gladly import if not.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF PC GAMERS ONLY KNOW WOW, SIMS, AND MINECRAFT RIGHT?!?!
Nice to see Minecraft mentioned along those heavy weights But Minecraft is still relativly niche, at least compared with WOW and The Sims.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
Any word yet if it's region coded? I'll gladly import if not.
Yes, it is region coded...
I wanted to import it but sadly it won't work on american consoles
Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
Nice to see Minecraft mentioned along those heavy weights But Minecraft is still relativly niche, at least compared with WOW and The Sims.
Maybe I should have said Plants vs Zombies. The again I don't know how "niche" something is that's even mentioned in a recent episode of Spooks/MI-5....

Quote:
Yes, it is region coded...
I wanted to import it but sadly it won't work on american consoles
I am sad....I cry now....oh well...

So wait a minute....did a 360 version actually slip out before any the pc version/region? Talk about ironic...
Old 11-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #1056

Calm down Lupin. I wasn't trying to offend or insult anyone. My point was simply that Jane Jensen rose to fame making PC games during the mid-90s. I think its safe to say that of all the fans of Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, Jane Jensen, etc., a higher % are probably PC centric gamers today.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #1057

yeah lupin, that was a little over the top. the arguementative tone was a bit unneeded considering you were both pretty much making a similar point (of which both of your were correct)

i look forward to hearing peoples opinions of this once they get their hands on it. hopefully the odd animation and whatever glitches (as im sure there will be a few) dont get in the way of the story and design thats Jensen is supposed to be so good at.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #1058

Quote:
Calm down Lupin. I wasn't trying to offend or insult anyone. My point was simply that Jane Jensen rose to fame making PC games during the mid-90s. I think its safe to say that of all the fans of Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, Jane Jensen, etc., a higher % are probably PC centric gamers today.
My mistake. Every time I turn around (so to speak) on this site those of us who'd rather play on consoles are being dumped on and I'm tired of it. Sorry I misunderstood your comments. I issue super mega happy apology to you and all is now fluffy bunnies and chocolate!

I have deleted the previous response.

Last edited by Lupin The Third; 11-10-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #1059

Looks like both the 360 and PC versions are floating around the Internets now.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #1060

Yeap. The final blow for this game