You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #861
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
I think this will come down to whether or not they design it for one and port to the other or design for both. -- usually just comes down to a bad port
I don't think that's the case with Grey Matter though, but I have to admit I've not been following the console side of the development news
There isn't a console side (in the news), aside from "Gray Matter coming for XBox 360!". All that is known is pretty much based on little tidbits of experience, all of which has been discussed here as far as I know. Oh, and that's true about it boiling down to the whole porting business (in my opinion)
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #862
tsa
Playing character

Nice to see a website with so much clear information as the Gray Matter website.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #863
DirectX Developer

Oppps... Amazon UK has raised the price to 25 GBP (PC) and changed the release date to February 25th. I'm glad I pre-ordered it

Last edited by zenger; 09-22-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #864

This is ridiculous... what the hell is DTP/Mamba/whatever PR department doing? Do they even have a PR department? We should know about delays through them, not from online stores...

Its like they are deliberate trying to alienate the few people that are interested in the game (not many nowadays). Its pretty obvious Gray Matter has some very serious problems, thats the only explanation i have for these constant delays and secrecy, if you don't know when a game will be ready dont announce dates.

Screw this, i'm joining the boat of people that doubt it will ever be released. I bet DNF will hit the stores first than Gray Matter (now with Gearbox developing DNF its not a risky bet, at all)

Sorry i'm angry...
Deep, deep i'm still hoping for all of this to be a misunderstanding from amazon an co... but let's be honest we know it is true
Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #865

Gray Matter is more like Half-Life 2 than DNF. They are taking their time, but not wasting it.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Gray Matter is more like Half-Life 2 than DNF. They are taking their time, but not wasting it.
At least Valve talks to their costumers and fans. We always know about their delays through them, not from online stores.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #867
Tea & Cookie Monster

I wonder if this game, no matter how good it is, will it ever be able to live up to all the hype?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #868

The German release is still listed for the end of October and it will be the only version with both English and German translations of the game.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
At least Valve talks to their costumers and fans. We always know about their delays through them, not from online stores.
Seriously. A bit of class and professionalism goes a long way, especially the dedication to the fan base. Jane could learn a think or two with who she should or shouldn't work with. Then again, I can say that about a lot of small time developers, but even Indie developers do a better job.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #870
tsa
Playing character

I tagged GM "Duke Nukem Forever" on Amazon. And I will cancel my order. A company that treats its customers like this deserves to die. Of course I don't mean Amazon but Grey Matter's publishers.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #871
Strategy Guide Author

sheesh ya'll are over reacting a lot.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #872
tsa
Playing character

We disagree there.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #873

It would be nice to hear something from the developers. I hope Jane updates her blog.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #874

Every time I read this "you are overreacting" argument, I tend to conclude that adventure gamer's community gets what it deserves. Exploitation, mocking, bad attitude, amateurism.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #875
tsa
Playing character

What do you mean by that?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #876
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
How do you know? There is no evidence for that whatsoever.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #877

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
What do you mean by that?
That no matter how bad attitude a developer/publisher/pr department towards customers has, there is an amount of gamers that don't mind. They act as if companies do us a favor and we have to bear their incompetence.

Consumer activism at it's lowest degree.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #878
Failed Birthday Elf

I have absolutely no evidence for this, but do not doubt that this further delay is entirely down to the Xbox 360 version, which they seem to insist must come out at the same time as the PC version.

I really do not want to have my enjoyment of this game spoilt, but these developers/publishers seem to be doing a lot to do so. I know that release dates often get pushed back for any type of game, but for this to happen so close to what I honestly thought finally looked like the final release date...

Oh well, more time for Civ 5 I suppose.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:27 AM   #879

Even though nothing is confirmed, I do feel a little stupid for insisting to my sister that it really is coming out this time, no really... it's pretty much official. I guess Fallout: New Vegas and Fable 3 will have to suffice.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #880
Life and times of...

Whether it is again delayed or not, I think the comparison to DNF is only not very accurate, it's also a bit dumb. The situations are still very different, the time-span very much so, and I understand that someone once made the comparison and that someone agreed, but now it's all just "OMGZ, it's SO DNF! Oh snap!" Yes, yes, we get it, it's taken its time, it constantly gets delayed, a bit like the situation with DNF. Do you think the constant repeating of it will somehow make whoever is responsible (I've never bothered get the hang of it) do something different? Feel bad about themselves? Sheesh, we get it, move on. Say something constructive, seems like 1/3 of the posts is nothing but repeating that all over again, and then there's a delay and "Oh my god! I just thought of a super-cool comparison! This is SO DNF!".

Anyways, seems that something's been screwed up again. Still, it's Schrödinger's cat here: since we can't know if the delay is for a good reason or not and whether it's ever going to be released or not, we can't make any conclusions and can only say that it's either neither or both.