You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #841
tsa
Playing character

What? When I pre-ordered it on Amazon it was to come out in October. More delays! Why?
Oh well, I have a stack of other games to play, so No Matter .
Old 09-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #842

It's not terribly unlikely, but since that's the only site I can find claiming that date, I'd hardly take it as the final word. Until other stores fall in line, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Also, Lace Mamba just put out a press release less than a week ago (for RHEM Trilogy) that still claims their first next-generation console release is scheduled for October. If the date has changed, it's very recent.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #843
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedrake View Post
Also, Lace Mamba just put out a press release less than a week ago (for RHEM Trilogy) that still claims their first next-generation console release is scheduled for October.
Next-generation consoles are out by October? That's amazing!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #844

Does anyone know when the game is actually coming out? I can't seem to find any information on it by Googling.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #845

One word only (if it's true).

PATHETIC.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #846
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

If you pre-order a game that is pushed back, pushed back, and ultimately never released, do you get your money back? If this Feb. date is true, I am VERY disappointed.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #847
tsa
Playing character

Same here. But I don't think they actually withdrew the money from my credit card already.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #848
Life and times of...

Well, I'm a patient person, so if it is in fact pushed back (still very unconfirmed), I'm okay with it as long as it has a solid reason. Like, adding a p&c interface to the XBox version and fixing serious bugs and adding content etc.

Whatever the case, they need to make somesort of statements. If it is pushed back, they need to make an official press release or something. If not, they need to officially clarify the status, and give a status update anyways; even Jane's blog hasn't been updated since early this year. However, looking at their actions so far, this'll probably go just as uncommented as usual.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
Does anyone know when the game is actually coming out? I can't seem to find any information on it by Googling.

Thanks.
Haha. I'm quoting myself because no one has answered me.

I've never played a Jane Jenson game, but Gray Matter does look very interesting. However, even their own website doesn't seem to have any new info.

Last I heard, Oct. 29, but now there's rumors of Feb of next year?

I've seen people say the game needs more hype, however the only hype it seems to be getting is bad due to all the vague info regarding it's release date. I think the devs or Jensen herself need to step up and give her fans something. If their having problems finding a publisher, or the game still needs fine tuning, I can understand that, but at least let folks know.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #850

The publisher's site still shows October 29, 2010.
http://www.dtp-entertainment.com/de/games/game_detail.php?id=1831&landid=2

Of course, given the history of this game, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if on October 28 they moved the release date to February 2011.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post
The publisher's site still shows October 29, 2010.
http://www.dtp-entertainment.com/de/games/game_detail.php?id=1831&landid=2

Of course, given the history of this game, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if on October 28 they moved the release date to February 2011.
But dtp (German publisher) and Lace Mama (UK publisher) are two different companies.

Gray Matter is still listed for October 29, 2010 on Amazon UK.

Edit: complete look at the content of the Collector's Edition. The German version will be bilingual (English and German).

Last edited by Neptin; 09-14-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #852

Now would be an excellent time for a nice new blog entry at http://blog.graymatter-game.com/

hint, hint
Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #853

Even though delaying it once again is frustrating, I must say that it makes more sense to release this game after the busy pre-christmas period. First months of the year are usually quiet in game business, so getting press attention is much easier.

Gray Matter has been delayed so many times that I won't believe its' release until I have the game box in my hands.

PS. That collector's edition cover picture looks much nicer than the normal version cover.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:26 AM   #854
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
PS. That collector's edition cover picture looks much nicer than the normal version cover.
That's often the case. They don't need to attract people with the cover since everyone who buys the coll.ed. is already very much committed to the game, and so they don't need to convey anything but style with it. Whereas the regular cover is there to gain the views of those who aren't so aware of the game, and to convey as much of the game as possible with a simle cover art.

Exceptions apply, of course.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #855

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
Even though delaying it once again is frustrating, I must say that it makes more sense to release this game after the busy pre-christmas period. First months of the year are usually quiet in game business, so getting press attention is much easier
Not really, like last year this christmas period will be less busy than the first months of next year. This christmas we'll have the new Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and not much more really. The first months of 2011 we'll have Dead Space 2, Portal 2, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, The Witcher 2 (thats a lot of 2's lol), the new Deus Ex and so on.

I say now is the best period for Gray Matter. This christmas will be a bit slow for adventure games and for similar games. What games do potencial Gray Matter buyers like? Puzzle games like Portal 2 and RPG's like Dragon Age 2 and The Witcher 2. It'll be a lot harder to compete with those titles. Few of us care about Call of Duty crap
Old 09-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #856

Oy.

I've been waiting for this game, following its progress, since it was first announced.

I've long ago stopped having any expectations about it what so ever. It's a good sign that they'e finally actually released the game cover for XBOX and PC, but still, I honestly won't be surprised if this ends up becoming the next "Due Nukem Forever" or comes out and turns out to be completely compromised and suck entirely.

Like someone else said, I'll only believe it's actually real when I have it in my hands.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #857

Would the PC version be better than the Xbox version?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #858
tsa
Playing character

Hey Nelza! I haven't seen you forever here. WB!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #859

Thank you TSA!

It's good to see some familiar 'faces'!

I never get time to come on anymore.

Having a quick lurk during my lunch break at work.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelza View Post
Would the PC version be better than the Xbox version?
I think this will come down to whether or not they design it for one and port to the other or design for both. while I personally much prefer the PC over consoles (I grew up with an Atari, ZX Spectrum, C64 then Amiga before getting a PC so of course I'm more comfortable with a computer), there's no excuse for a game being particularly better on one platform than another, usually just comes down to a bad port
I don't think that's the case with Grey Matter though, but I have to admit I've not been following the console side of the development news
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus