You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #621
J.H
Frak.

Great interview, I wasn't looking forward so much to this game but now I really can't wait to play it.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #622

Yes, nice interview!

It would be more assuring to know that Jane Jensen had more of a presence during Gray Matter's actual development. I hope that the lack of her on-site direction doesn't hurt the game.

Still really looking forward to this though.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #623
Fulci lives

The latest issue of british magazine Games TM has an interview with Jane Jensen. The interview is quite short, only 2 pages.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #624
Life and times of...

I haven't yet had time to read the interview properly, but seems like a very good one. However: STOP TEASING ABOUT GK4! It's hard enough to bear without the talk of how "it might've happened and I've all these scripts ready and we had the talks well underway and it'd be totally awesome but then Vivendi went and got sold again and now it's all frozen again".

Somebody do something about it then

(Edit): Well, I can't live with the GK4 talk, can't live without them (as long as there's talks, there's still hope, right? If no one's talking about it, it'll eventually be forgotten). Anyways, read the thing after all, and it was a really good read - many things I would've asked myself (also managed to ask about things that everyone else hasn't already asked).

Last edited by UPtimist; 05-27-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #625

Sorry, just didn't want to see this thread fall behind! No news from me. Anybody else got any tidbits?

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 06-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Sorry, just didn't want to see this thread fall behind! No news from me. Anybody else got any tidbits?
Gray Matter will be in the next E3, so we should have a few more news there.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #627

I've been searching for more news on E3 about Gray Matter, but i'm not finding anything new. Is Gray Matter even there?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #628
Hopeful skeptic

It's there, and AG had a long demo of it with Jane Jensen. We'll be doing a preview in the foreseeable future. Not too much in terms of "news", though, since we've covered it pretty extensively already.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
It's there, and AG had a long demo of it with Jane Jensen. We'll be doing a preview in the foreseeable future. Not too much in terms of "news", though, since we've covered it pretty extensively already.
Thats great! All i wanted to see was a bit of gameplay really, maybe listen a bit of the voice acting, or a new trailer. But its good news nevertheless
Old 06-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #630

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Extensively is a matter of opinion, I have been searching the interwebs for any new coverage of this game as well. I too am hoping for some voice clips or some videos somtime soon. I cant wait
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
Extensively is a matter of opinion, I have been searching the interwebs for any new coverage of this game as well. I too am hoping for some voice clips or some videos somtime soon. I cant wait
Agreed. The fact that it's releasing this year and not even a second of gameplay footage has been released is somewhat worrisome. Obviously AG's are mostly about the story but it's E3 time folks....if you can't show a trailer at this point then something's just not right....
Old 06-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #632

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Even bad games get their due time on the internet, and with such a finicky audience that adventure games have, I find the lack of media and marketing worrisome as well. It's great that gaming sites get to see the game, but ultimately we are the ones that have to be sold on the product. It being an adventure game to begin with will only ensure any articles written about it will drop to the bottom on any mainstream site. So unless media or something new comes from this E3 conference about it, its in my opinion that it wasn't very beneficial for them to even be there. I'm starting to wonder if the game is just a figment of my imagination.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #633
Hopeful skeptic

Well, this will be our third preview of the game to go with our Jane Jensen interview and three video interviews from our day at the voice recording studio. That about as extensive as it gets. It's up to the publisher to release some trailers or other materials. Nothing we can do about that.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Well, this will be our third preview of the game to go with our Jane Jensen interview and three video interviews from our day at the voice recording studio. That about as extensive as it gets. It's up to the publisher to release some trailers or other materials. Nothing we can do about that.
I think we all understand that. It's just odd that the game is being sheltered in such a manner. Does it just not run well at this point?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #635
Hopeful skeptic

I was responding to Owskie's dispute that we'd covered the game extensively. I can't imagine how we could have done any more than we have.

As for why it's being sheltered, I'm certainly not going to offer excuses for the marketing decisions, which are indefensible. But I just don't think it's a priority for the publisher, which has a pretty threadbare PR department and limited resources. I know the game is coming along nicely, and I guess that's where their full attention is going right now.

I still contend that it doesn't much matter what they do now. If they do a proper push with the right materials in the last two or three months before release, that's all that really counts.

But hey, there's still our new preview to look forward to.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #636

http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1100137p1.html

some new screen shots, but thats it.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #637
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1100137p1.html

some new screen shots, but thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
E3 2010: Gray Matter First Look

The writer and composer of Gabriel Knight return for a new adventure game.
First look? FIRST LOOK?! LOL, That's so ironic considering how long this game has been in the pipeline. Usually "first look" is used as a header by gaming sites or print publications to offer initial glimpses at the game's concept and whatever visuals are released, usually just after the official announcement that the game is being made.

That or IGN is playing a cruel joke. Then again the publisher and marketer of Gray Matter hasn't exactly been known to seriously and passionately push this title, either, so maybe "first look" really does apply.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #638
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
First look? FIRST LOOK?! LOL, That's so ironic considering how long this game has been in the pipeline. Usually "first look" is used as a header by gaming sites or print publications to offer initial glimpses at the game's concept and whatever visuals are released, usually just after the official announcement that the game is being made.
Maybe it's just the first time IGN has looked at it.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #639

Didn't see Gray Matter at E3.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #640
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
Maybe it's just the first time IGN has looked at it.
Which goes back to my stating that Gray Matter's publisher and marketing team not exactly being known to seriously and passionately push this title, either, so maybe "first look" really does apply.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien