You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Still Life + Paradise worth picking up for about $17?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2007, 05:26 AM   #1

Default Still Life + Paradise worth picking up for about $17?

There's a used bookstore around here that has new copies of Still Life, Paradise, Atlantis: Evolution, Runaway, and Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon, plus maybe a few other adventure games. All are in the $6 to $9 range, though I forget which are which. I only want to pick up two, since I only really have time for two more (with all the stuff I got for Christmas, I really don't have time for ANY more games, actually), and 'm probably going to pick up Still Life and Paradise, but if anybody has any suggestions on any others I should get instead I'm open to advice.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:43 AM   #2
Caffein Queen

LOL, if it was me in a store with that cheap games, I would have picked them all up

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 12-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #3

Those are great prices! You really can't go wrong with whatever you choose.

If you've played Broken Sword 1 & 2, then definitely get Broken Sword 3 (even though it deviates from the first two as far as gameplay goes).

I really enjoyed Runaway. Runaway is more of a comical game but fairly clever in the puzzles (inventory-based but still clever in that you can't pick up items until you know that you need them -- like in real life). There is a little pixel hunting though in a couple of scenes.

I haven't played Paradise yet but if you're a fan of Benoit Sokal (Syberia 1 & 2) then definitely pick up Paradise.

So go ahead and pick up Still Life and Paradise but consider Runaway and BS 3 (if you've played 1 and 2) and Runaway.

Recent Retail: The Shivah, Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Black Mirror, Cleopatra, Culpa Innata, Secret Files, Broken Sword 1-4, Indigo Prophecy, Nostradamus, Nibiru

Recent UG: Murder in a Wheel, Nelly Cootalot, The Farm, Two of a Kind, Donnie Darko, Reactor 9, Cedric & The Revolution, 5 Days a Stranger, Something Amiss (Chp 1 & 2), Prodigal
Old 12-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #4

I played Paradise and Broken Sword 3 and am now close to finishing Broken Sword 4. Any of these games are definitely worth $9. Are they worth your time? IMO, yes. I think BS 4 has the better puzzles, Paradise has great art and redeeming qualities, despite its problems.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #5

I would suggest to skip Paradise and get Broken sword instead...
Still life is good though...