You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Time for a new community playthrough?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #661
Filmfreak

Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations Mass Effect playthroughs...
Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #662
Advie.1

waaow..!! this thread seems like it had been active for long years .. so i will have to interrupt you guys with my 1st post here ; with one suggestion:
did you guys ever gave a thought for The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble .?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #663
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I wouldn't mind Woodruff, have never played it. I'd like to replay Vampyre Story, and weren't we discussing Dreamfall last time?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
What happened to A Vampyre Story, btw?
Got locked tight in the cellar with the rest of the naughty "to be continued" boys. It's your fault, really, you voted DN. I don't care how good DN is, i'm not forgivin' you.

p.s. AND - where on Earth do you see cowboys in AVS? Helloooo - "Western mood"! - whistling melody; camera close-ups; High Noon; The Duke; Shane! Come back!

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #665
She Wants Revenge

Gemini Rue, Hector? Rather new games but I was gonna play those next .
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #666

I just assumed we'd play "A Vampyre Story" immediately after "Discworld Noire". Haven't played it yet, so I'm still down for that.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #667

I've often found that the games chosen can be awfully difficult to get a hold of or wont run on newer computers without the assistance of a third party program (SCUMM). If we are to pick a new game to play through, could it be a more readily accessible game with a link to a legal or official purchase/download location please?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #668
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datadog View Post
I just assumed we'd play "A Vampyre Story" immediately after "Discworld Noire". Haven't played it yet, so I'm still down for that.
^ This.

But by all means, discuss away for a few more weeks. That way I can finish my Mass Effect 3 playthrough uninterrupted...
Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #669

How about one of the Tex Murphy games (we did Overseer recently, but I don't think we've done UAKM or TPD before), in order to introduce new players to them ahead of the Kickstarter drive? Of course, I'm not offering to host anything, so those are just gratuitous wishes.

I also wouldn't mind replaying Dreamfall. Or trying something new (but probably not AVS, which doesn't appeal to me).

Anyway, I generally say I'm going to take part in these and end up not doing it, or losing interest halfway through, so you shouldn't care too much about my opinion.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #670

Promoting Tex Murphy is a good idea. I think UAKM is pretty easy to host so we might have luck finding a volunteer for that one, but it could me more difficult with Pandora (the better game).

Do we have a host for A Vampyre Story? There seems to be a fair amount of interest for it. It's not exactly on my list of must-plays, but a community playthrough would make me interested.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #671

I can't lead Tex Murphy games, but i know who can.

However, if you're up for AVS - i can try leading it.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #672
Homo Ludens

For all it's worth, I like the ideas of an AVS or The Pandora Directive playthrough.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #673
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I'm just wondering if the other Tex Murphy's will have the same troubles running for me as overseer. I never did get out of that office
Old 03-27-2012, 02:12 AM   #674

The other Tex Murphy games should run perfectly in DOSBox.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #675

A Vampyre Story A Vampyre Story A Vampyre Story
Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #676
Homo Ludens

I changed my mind. My vote is firmly for a Pandora Directive playthrough now! Given the multiple endings and the attendant non-linearity, discussing the diverging paths with others would be great for me (and hopefully others too). In contrast, UAKM (and AVS to an even greater extent) are relatively straightforward.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #677

I'd be up for TPD. I recently bought it from GOG and I know it works perfectly on my Win 7 64 machine.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #678
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez View Post
I'd be up for TPD. I recently bought it from GOG and I know it works perfectly on my Win 7 64 machine.

It does? I can't get mine to work!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAG View Post
It does? I can't get mine to work!
The Pandora Directive
Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #680

I like the idea of The Pandora Directive. It's the next game I was going to play in the Tex Murphy series anyway, it would be fun to do it as part of a group playthrough.