You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sam & Max looking good

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Default Sam & Max looking good

OK, I can't really comment on the quality of the latest Sam & Max Episodes because after playing through about half of Culture Shock I realised my computer wasn't going to run it at an acceptable rate, which I'm obviously gutted about. That said, I've just seen the latest batch of screenshots and have to say the art style seems to be getting better and better, I'd even go as far as to say it's almost back to the visual quality of the original game, which considering it's full 3D is an amazing achievement. Check this out...

I'm looking forward to getting the Season box set, by which time I'll hopefully have a good enough PC.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #2

Just curious, what are your computer specs?

(Just asking to see if there is some other reason for the problems with running Sam and Max on your machine--it's supposedly designed for very minimal specs for a new 3d game)
Old 02-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Telltale's really got the right idea. Sam and Max is on fire!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

There's a trailer up now too: http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/lincolnmustdie
Old 02-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

enjoy!

Old 02-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #6

Episode 4 looks really good.. Loving the screenshot of the front of the Whitehouse

"please do not feed the surveillance"
Old 02-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #7

Wow, those screenshots look the best yet! I love this new series so much. I can't wait to get my hands on this.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
LA-S-LE

Oh my.. That Bosco-so-called-russian parody.. I wonder when those "usanka-samovar-matrioshka-valenki" stereotipes will change
But that's not the case, really) Bosko changes his nationality. For the 3rd time! The same, I guess, will happen to Sybil (change of interests).. And those annoying Pepper boys, again.. Guys, you're getting repeatative.
The idea of political satire looks interesting and refreshing, but if the gameplay and jokes remain the same, it will be rather annoying (it was already annoying in the 3rd installment)..

Edit Haha, Bosco even has soviet symbolic on his hat) Welcome to XXI century

Last edited by Ariel Type; 02-15-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroHero View Post
Episode 4 looks really good.. Loving the screenshot of the front of the Whitehouse

"please do not feed the surveillance"
Actually it says "please do not feed the submarine". There's a periscope poking out of the pool.

And is that Max's boxing glove, which he said in Episode 3 that he'd lost somewhere?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #10

Episode 4 looks cool, i just hope it doesn't get too political. I just hope it doesn't mock Bush or anything. I mean, that has it's place, I just hope it's not in Sam and Max.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand1880 View Post
Episode 4 looks cool, i just hope it doesn't get too political. I just hope it doesn't mock Bush or anything.
Yes heaven forbid they mock Bush..what a crime

From the gametap trailer I dont get that impression at all by the way..
Old 02-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by numble View Post
Just curious, what are your computer specs?

(Just asking to see if there is some other reason for the problems with running Sam and Max on your machine--it's supposedly designed for very minimal specs for a new 3d game)
I've tried it on both my home PC (which I fear doesn't have enough RAM) and my Laptop (only has a 32MB Graphics card). In both cases it runs just fine for a while but then gets more and more sluggish until eventually I'm waiting 5 minutes between screens loading up.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:52 AM   #13
Adventure Gamer

The president in the trailer don't look like Bush...probably just shooting for a "generic president" type character.

And yep, the golf course on the lawn reminded me a lot of the style where they had the bungie jumpinig setup at Mount Rushmore in the original.

--BPF
Old 02-16-2007, 02:49 AM   #14
Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfinsa View Post
The president in the trailer don't look like Bush...probably just shooting for a "generic president" type character.

And yep, the golf course on the lawn reminded me a lot of the style where they had the bungie jumpinig setup at Mount Rushmore in the original.

--BPF
In the trailer, the first guy in the white house with green eyes who looks like a monkey is not the president? I thought it was quite an obvious reference.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:28 AM   #15
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfinsa View Post
You're very probably right. The president in Telltale's game has brown hair and a 1950's style military flat-top haircut.

Please let's not let this thread turn into a political flamewar.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:24 AM   #16
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed View Post
I've tried it on both my home PC (which I fear doesn't have enough RAM) and my Laptop (only has a 32MB Graphics card). In both cases it runs just fine for a while but then gets more and more sluggish until eventually I'm waiting 5 minutes between screens loading up.
I have that problem too actually. The game eats all my memory, so the further I play, the choppier it gets.. I played the first two with 512mb Ram, and I have now upgraded to 1024. Don't know if it works yet, but a temporary fix is just to quit the game every half hour..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 02-16-2007, 08:31 AM   #17
Puts the 'e' in Mark

The game is obviously avoiding real politics. Give it a break.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #18
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Actually, in episode 4 Sam and Max go to Iraq to interview the troops, and spend a week living with a formerly-middle-class Iraqi family to try and understand the effects of the war. Then they pants the alien overlord who was responsible for enslaving the anccient Egyptians into building pyramids, Max uses his telepathic powers to do battle with a tentacle beast in the local supermarket, and then they take the DeSoto off some jumps at dangerously high speeds, firing their guns into the air.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #19
fov
Rattenmonster

For people for whom the game gets sluggish after you've played for awhile - quit and then launch the game again. Should fix it.

It's a little annoying, but it seems to work.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #20

Is this problem going to be officially fixed?