You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default Full Throttle

Hey, let's talk about this awesome game for a moment.

Man, it's soooooooo grrrreat.
The best garageband soundtrack ever, some of the greatest voice actors ever, excellent plot.

But anyways, now to the real point of why I created this thread. I know that there have several different version sold of the game and some version, possibly the big big USA box version, included a FT bandana with it.

Does anyone have one of those bandanas?

If you have, take a picture of yourself with the bandana or something, or be a good person and sell me one FT bandana. or you can of course also tell me your address and I can come and kill you and steal the bandana admire that Full Throttle bandana of yours.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #2
eXo

hides bandana

Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #3

Check the LucasArts Museum
Old 02-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #4

I have a US box version from when it first released, but it doesn't have a bandana. It does have a small, shiny skull sticker on the front that says, "Limited Edition with FREE mini-strategy guide inside".

Not the greatest LE bonus ever.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #5

I've just won this game on eBay and I'm really looking forward receiving it. Hope it lives up to my expectations.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Ronin

Uh oh. NEVER go into an adventure game with high expectations.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #7

I think I'll be alright. The only major problem I read, it was that it's a bit on the short side. But overall, most of the reviews were very positive.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #8
Ghettobob22

Full Throttle is currently my favorite Adventure game and now that I know theres a bandana...I'm gonna need some kind of holy war to get my hands on a couple...

Old 02-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
Monkeyboy

why? nobody, I repeat NOBODY looks cool with a bandana.
that, of course. excludes you Chuck
Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #10
Homer of Kittens

I loved full throttle. The only complaint I had about it back then was it's level of difficulty. I finished it in one sitting and it took me about 3-4 hours.

Firefox rules
Old 02-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #11
The Reggienator

I know about LucasArts museum, that's the only place where I've seen a pic of the bandana so it's old news to me.

But no one in AGs has the FT bandana?
I bet Jake has one, or ExtRemo, or maybe Doug... hmmmM.

I'm so sad right now, won't anybody donate me one of these oh so pretty bandanas and make me a happy man?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #12

I loooooove Full Throttle. It's been ages since I've played it, but I think I have fonder memories of it than nearly any AG out there. I absolutely love the game's climax and the way it ends, too.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #13

Full Throttle was good, but nowhere near Schafer's finest. Grim Fandango walks all over it. That said, Full Throttle is probably my least half-modern LucasArts adventure game. Also thought the mouse movement was somewhat unbalanced, which is strange considering LucasArts history. Thankfully, that was fixed in CMI.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #14
Ronin

A mark of Schafer's genius is that he is able to create protagonists that are completely unique to the genre, with personalities that are admirable and unforgettable. You can't wait to see how they are going to react when you attempt to solve something. Most developers these days just crank away at the April Walker clone machine.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 AM   #15
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I love Full Throttle. It has some retarded puzzles, but the universe, atmosphere, characters, story, music, etc etc are all top notch, and, really, even though the puzzles are sometimes a bit suspect, I don't think Full Throttle would work that well as anything but a story in which you are a participant, so I'm glad it's an interactive game, and not just a movie or cartoon show or something.

Also, I have one of those bandanas, but I don't have a working digital camera. Sorry!

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 02-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I know about LucasArts museum, that's the only place where I've seen a pic of the bandana so it's old news to me.
Oh, you're welcome.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 AM   #17
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
Uh oh. NEVER go into an adventure game with high expectations.
Exactly. Do not, for instance, expect your playing character to flatten any boxes in this game.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:29 AM   #18
The Quiet One

I got my own copy of Full Throttle the other week for only 99p from GameStation, so i was quite chuffed with that. I've heard some pretty reasonable reviews about it and my friend told me about it too but i've never seen it anywhere.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #19
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Also, I have one of those bandanas, but I don't have a working digital camera. Sorry!
Arrrrr! I knew it!

Old 02-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #20
Ronin

I used to have a box full of the bandanas, but I donated them all to the Special Olympics Foundation clothing drive.