You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tue 16th January 2007

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 06:20 AM   #1

Default Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tue 16th January 2007

Checkmate.

(soon followed by the most frustrating cliffhanger in the history of computer gaming )
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 01-16-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

Are you sure it's "Mon" today?

I had a lot of fun playing Overseer, so I can only imagine how good Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive must be (if they indeed are superior to their sequel, as everyone claims).

Funny thing (that seems to happen to big name guest stars in many other FMV games) is that Michael York didn't act circles around the rest of the cast. Perhaps he wasn't bad, but I'd never have guessed he was the one celebrity surrounded by the unknown or amateur actors, if I hadn't known.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
I had a lot of fun playing Overseer, so I can only imagine how good Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive must be (if they indeed are superior to their sequel, as everyone claims).
I actually liked Overseer better than UAKM; the story and acting were a lot stronger, and the gameplay just as good. Pandora, though, is in a class of its own.

Quote:
Funny thing (that seems to happen to big name guest stars in many other FMV games) is that Michael York didn't act circles around the rest of the cast. Perhaps he wasn't bad, but I'd never have guessed he was the one celebrity surrounded by the unknown or amateur actors, if I hadn't known.
I see what you mean. I thought York did a fine job, but really nothing exceptional. And Chris Jones, while not a "real" actor, had become extremely good as Tex by then, overshadowing most of the cast.

I miss Tex.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 01-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
say yes when nobody asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Hadn't known what? There are at least a couple of other (semi?)celebrity actors in this game. At least in my book, that goes for both Clint Howard (brother of director/producer Ron Howard) and Joe Estevez (brother of Martin Sheen), who has played in half a ton of movies.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
LA-S-LE

What about Richard Norton?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #6
say yes when nobody asked

I forgot. With unforgettable titles like "Mo fei cui" and "Xia ri fu xing" I guess he just slipped through the cracks of my mind. No, seriously. I just haven't heard of him before. I'm sure he's a good actor too, but shows like "Walker, Texas Ranger" just isn't my kind of show.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Michael York once walked past me in college. True (and uninteresting) story.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
Protector of the Seal

Overlord is the hope, Mr. Murphy. Great screenshot. It's a shame that the Tex series will probably never continue even though another two or three stories are already written. The six episodes of the radio theater are required listening for anyone who wants a little taste of what happens after Overseer.

I played UAKM recently... my first time since the original play through almost a decade ago. Unfortunately for me, I got it running great on DOSBox after I finished it... it was very slow and clunky while playing. Hopefully I'll get around to a replay of Pandora and Overseer at some point. Pandora is still the best, but after playing UAKM again, I think it may have fell behind Overseer. They're all great, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #9

Man, I loved Pandora back in the day - one of the classics. I never got a chance to play Overseer.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #10

Don't forget he was in the Austin Powers movies.