You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure "Theseis" demo video.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #1

Default "Theseis" demo video.

Am I the only one that was really impressed by the new theseis demo video?
I remember a while back someone asking when adventure games are going to have grahics as good as some 3d first person shooters.
I must admit that i have zero expirience with first person shooters but the graphics in theseis did actually seem just as good. However, i believe that you should have a pretty good graphics card.
Because the game developers were from greece, i had really low expectations about this game and that video caught me off guard. I still have low expectations about the other aspects of the game though (story, puzzles, voice acting)... it seems that these days is easier to make a game with good graphics rather than a good story (Tunguska is a good example).

Here's a link to their web site http://www.theseisgame.com/
Old 11-30-2006, 03:33 AM   #2

The Thessis new in-game video is definitely very impressive. Perhaps you should have more faith in Greeks regarding the other aspects of the game, as you seem to be one of them

Games: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, World of Warcraft
Music: Laurent Garnier - Restrospective, Squarepusher - Hello Everything
Movies: Terry Gilliam - Tideland
Old 11-30-2006, 03:53 AM   #3

Yes, I am one of them... that's why i was expecting something average looking. They proved me wrong though, i hope they'll do equally good job for the story and dialogues. Actually the dialogues is what concerns me the most, but that seems to be a problem with most non-english developers and not just the Greeks.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #4

Im from Greece too and i also have had low expectations for the game. Its only natural cause Greece is waaaayyyy behind in game development.
One other thing thats annoys me in Theseis is that the story seems like a history day in school to me.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

Cool website, but looks like a clone of Tombraider Legend website: http://www.tombraider.com/main.html

The trailer is very nice. I think that the game can be very good too.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:15 AM   #6
gin soaked boy

It doesn't look bad, but animation is ways off. Why is that guy joyfully hopping around like a f*cking Smurfette?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:43 AM   #7
Do ya have a reservation?

I'm greek, too. The graphics are pretty amazing considering my expectations. You are right.

I'm afraid though it will not be "adventure" enough... I hope I am wrong... The mythology of ancient Greece offers great adventure game background
Old 12-01-2006, 07:09 AM   #8
capsized.

Heh, that mechanical chain sound on the website is SOOO ripped from Warcraft3. Off-topic: Which reminds me, is there some sort of sfx library free to use for all? There are quite many sounds that seem to be all over the place, literally, like "Daggerfall's VERY characteristic door creek which I've also heard in TV shows and movies alike. A sound you simply can't mistake for any other, for those who know it. And God knows where Bethesda got it from in the first place! Even my brother, who only watched me playing Daggerfall occasionally once bursted out laughing and said: "Daggerfall!" when we were watching something on TV that featured that very sound. You can't miss it. But it's not only this sound, there's more. This is a question I always wanted to ask, so here we go.

Another example would be the footstep sounds that seem to be in every first-person game in existence. Think: Jedi Knight's sound when you're walking on metallic surfaces. Isn't that, like, everywhere as well?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #9
gin soaked boy

There are sound libraries like that and many games use them (the Doom door sound is another example), but I don't know if any of those samples are in public domain or free in any way.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #10

Wow the video is really really great, graphics and story seem to be good.

But....but...its not..point'and'click : (
Old 12-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
OB

Yes, there are libraries that contain sounds that get reused across releases. Same goes for music, although it is more rare that you'll hear a repeat. I ran across a royalty free music website the other day and listened to a sample that just happened to be the opening credits music to Tunguska.