You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure A Vampyre Story has a publisher!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #81
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice3838
Yee-haw.
Another Al-Emmo fan?

--Erwin
Old 07-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrious
if am not mistaken dtp bought the domains avampyrestory-game.com and avampyrestory-game.de
You are mistaken, Crimson Cow bought them
Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #83

Goodluck as you plow headlong into production. This is most good news.

I'm still a little mad at Mr.Tiller for having a hand in killing Warcraft Adventures release, but his graphical involvement in CMI was invaluable and groundbreaking! Hooray for Vampyre Story, the graphics once again looks groundbreaking for todays standards! The atmospheric lighting and style of the graphics are brilliant!

Last I heard Bill Tiller was involved in the Exchange Student from dimidimidimi himself, was that just a marketing strategy? Or did Bill Tiller pull out of that one??

Great stuff! Vampyre Story! Hooray!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #84
OB

The AME website is undergoing some changes. They have a non-functional blog, but the news page has been updated with some new info:

http://www.amegames.com/blog.asp

Click the News link at the top. The About Us link is new too I think. The main homepage is updated with a Halloween theme, too:

http://www.amegames.com/
Old 10-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat View Post
The AME website is undergoing some changes. They have a non-functional blog, but the news page has been updated with some new info:

Click the News link at the top. The About Us link is new too I think. The main homepage is updated with a Halloween theme, too:

http://www.amegames.com/

Out of everything being produced right now this one and the Indie Nearly Departed are the ones I am most interested in. A Vampyre Story has absolutely stunning 2d background art. You just can't get those kinds of sets in new games anymore. I really hope it's as good as it looks.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #86

Quote:

The blog works in IE, but it seems not on any other browser. Here's the content...

Quote:
EPISODE IV: A New Blog (October 27, 2006)

"Hey Bill, maybe we should create a blog for the AME web site." – Dave Harris

*Five Second Pause* "Okay, go for it dude." – Bill Tiller

Note to self: When Bill Tiller becomes engrossed in drawing something, he becomes highly susceptible to suggestion.

2nd Note to self: Damnit, you should have asked for something else (a more comfortable office chair or even a simple request for Bill to shower before coming into the office).

Welcome to the first edition of the Autumn Moon Entertainment blog, written by yours truly, Dave Harris - head writer for every game currently on the AME Games production slate. My intention is to use this blog as a way to provide updates about the life and times of Autumn Moon Entertainment…..and excise my personal demons. Okay, maybe not that last part, but since this is my first attempt at maintaining a blog, instead of just dry updates about the progress of A Vampyre Story, I may regale you with random thoughts and humorous anecdotes, although no promises on the humorous part – after writing action dialogue for the past couple of weeks, the humor well may have run dry. After all, you really have to stretch to come up with something amusing to say when the player decides to stretch the limits of Adventure Game reality (ex. Use Vampire Power: BITE…STAINED GLASS WINDOW). I'd let you know what Mona says if you try such a thing, but I'd hate to spoil the surprise. But I'll tell you right now, it's comedy gold.

Autumn Moon Entertainment found a permanent place to live six weeks ago – we moved into our new offices in Petaluma CA. And for clarity, "moving in" really means, "find a place to pile all of Bill's crap" (Bill may have a minor hoarding disorder – so far, it's only art books, DVDs, games, boxes of comic books and old pieces of LucasArts memorabilia such as the large Curse of Monkey Island standee that now graces the back corner of the office). "Moving in" also included the construction of the modular office furniture we ordered. For the record, Amy Tiller was able to assemble two desks in the time it took me to complete building my own desk, which to this day remains incomplete. But, I blame my lack of progress on my complete incompetence with tools. On a related note, as we approach the holiday season, I keep having a recurring nightmare – it's Christmas morning, I'm sitting in front of a large pile of loose bicycle parts. I desperately press the assembly instructions into my face in a vain attempt to absorb the information through osmosis. In the background, my son sits crying. It's a haunting image.

While I've been writing, Bill Tiller and Bill Eaken have been drawing and painting characters and location backgrounds. We've also completed the 3D models for several characters including Rufus the Gargoyle, Madame Strigoi, and Buttercup the horse. While we have yet to make the final,final edits, in terms of scope, I'll just say that the AME team believes A Vampyre Story is going to be a robust adventure game, with enough locations and puzzles to keep even the most experienced adventure gamer satisfied. The game is going to be divided into three chapters, with a succinct set of goals for each area. Chapter One takes place in the Castle Warg, Chapter Two in the fictional town of Vlad's Landing, and Chapter Three takes place in and around the castle of Dr. Riga Mortis. Chapter Three will also give you the opportunity to play the game as Froderick the Bat, Mona's smart-ass sidekick (you actually have to play as Froderick during Chapter 3 because Mona is….shall we say…indisposed).

Well, that's it for now. I know, I know, not too much game information. I'd like to share more with you but Bill just yelled at me saying, "hey, don't give too much away." Thanks again to everybody for your ongoing support of A Vampyre Story. I'll try to update the blog area every week or two. And, as time permits, I'll also jump into the Vampyre Story forum to provide additional updates and answer questions. But for now, I have t get back to dialogue writing. Hmmmm…….just what is a good line for BITE LANTERN?

Dave Harris
LEAD Writer
Autumn Moon Entertainment
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 AM   #87
In an evening of July...

A few new screenshots of Vampyre Story have been published. Tasty!

Old 05-11-2007, 02:58 AM   #88
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Those pics look excellent, I can see lots of development since the older pictures!
Especially the first pic is just, wow!

Go Autumn Moon!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 05-11-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #89

That first pic is amazing! Makes me want to play that game sooo bad!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #91

Send a message via ICQ to qrious

most beutiful adventure of the last years i would say. If the gameplay is solid we could have a classic
Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #92
Writer-Designer

I think the backgrounds are wonderful.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #93
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The new pics look awesome.

Bill Tiller backgrounds, oh yes.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #94
Under pressure.

And the 3D characters blend in superbly with the hand-drawn backdrops. It's awesome!

--Erwin
Old 05-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #95

Agreed! Looks great!

My german isn't good but apparently there was no playable "demo" yet when the article was written so i wonder if they are going to make it in time for october 31 (only 5 months)...

Does anyone know if this will be a german language release at first or "world-wide". I assume that the game is actually made in english this time because of the origin of autumn moon (contrary to quite a lot of games being made by german game companies and translated afterwards)?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #96
OB

Quote:
My german isn't good but apparently there was no playable "demo" yet when the article was written so i wonder if they are going to make it in time for october 31 (only 5 months)...
Could be wrong, but don't think the game comes out until next year. I can't seem to remember where I read that it got pushed to '08, but I could just be hallucinating.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #97

Quote:
Could be wrong, but don't think the game comes out until next year. I can't seem to remember where I read that it got pushed to '08, but I could just be hallucinating.
According to the preview in the german mag (from which the new pictures are), it's on sale on halloween, 31 october

i quote: "das am Halloween-Tag (31. Oktober) in die Läden flattert".
Old 05-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #98
OB

That's good news then if true.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #99

looking great.. still wonder how they could complete it by october
Old 05-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #100

Do you have some sort of idea at where they are in the game's production?