You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Most Overrated/Underrated Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #161

Seriously. marvio is well overrated.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvio View Post
Sorry you're worng. Try again!

Seriously. Dreamfall underated? I've heard a lot more praises then digs on it, I happen to think it's barely a game to begin with, and the story is confused and it doesn't know where it's trying to go. Zoe is a freaking retard, sorry, she must've been dropped on her head when she was a kid because she is as obtuse as AD characters come. In sum :puke:

But underated? If anything I'd say it's overated

To Me?

Underated: none
overated: all

Seriously, if we really stop and think/compare any of these games to other forms of entertaiment, even other types of games, they are really pretty bad. It's super rare, and I can't remember one game off the top of my head, whcih the solution to at least one puzzle is not copletely ludricous, the stories either fall into the garden variety made for TV movie, or completely overblown/pretentious, which in the end don't deliver the goods.
The only reason why we love them so much is because we spend so much time with them, interacting with the world, it's kinda like having an uncle which you really don't care for either way come and visit you for the summer, although you really couldn't give a crap about him, once he leaves, you'll miss him for a while, just because of the familiarity. Ya know?

Seriously, take a step back and really look at the games, they really aren't that great people.

Funny, because I followed the link somebody put in this thread to an article about "why AD suck" by the dude who developed Monkey Island, and in that he referenced another article, http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html
Very short, but very to the point, you all should take a look at it
Ok i don't see your point at all. I mean life is overrated if you look at it from a certain point, so what are you telling me? Adventure games are as shit as any other game genre since its all a waste of time.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #163

Oh, come on, overthinking stuff makes everything seem worse.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvio View Post
Seriously, if we really stop and think/compare any of these games to other forms of entertaiment, even other types of games, they are really pretty bad. It's super rare, and I can't remember one game off the top of my head, whcih the solution to at least one puzzle is not copletely ludricous, the stories either fall into the garden variety made for TV movie, or completely overblown/pretentious, which in the end don't deliver the goods
90% of books are rubbish, 90% of movies are rubbish, 90% of games are... There are people behind games, their talents differ, so as their products.

For example, Monkey Island games in my opinion are funnier than any of the Adam Sandler movies. Solving good puzzles is usually more entertaining and relaxing than playing chess or golf, for example. And the quality of animation in Toonstruck tops many cartoons. Nothing wrong with this sort of entertainment.