You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Three adventures in Amazon's Top 100!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #21
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh
Well, I'm just wondering why TLJ2 was so viciously ripped from us and handed to non-adventure gamers? And, like I said, greed is my first guess. Probably not artistic decisions or anything of the sort.
I would much rather see Ankh in that list. Great game from great people, yet it seems it was pushed aside because of all this Dreamfall hype.
Lame.

I personally don't see the big deal being that adventure games have 4 in the top 100. The bigger deal is that Dreamfall is in the top ten, and Longest Journey in the top 50. If anything this only depresses me about the state of adventure games even more. The fact we're making a big deal that we have four games in Amazon's top 100.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #22

I will certainly be one who will be buying the Longetst Journey after I finish Dreamfall -- Even if I'm not excited for the illogical puzzles.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #23
SamNMax

TLJ is very logical in terms of puzzles. That rubber duck thing is the only leap-of-logic moment.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #24
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I really don't get the problem that people had with the rubber duck puzzle. I just found it painfully obvious after about twenty seconds of thinking about it .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:08 PM   #25
SamNMax

Yeah, it didn't take me long either. I didn't have a problem with it, but I still found it a little strange.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:27 PM   #26
Elegantly copy+pasted

The rubber duck puzzle makes perfect sense, and would probably work in reality. What more can you ask?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:49 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

The rubber duck puzzle didn't bother me at all. The puzzle in the forest where you had to turn the mouth, ears, etc. of those statues, that was a hard puzzle.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
These are not best games of all time. These are top sales of just today or this week.
oh.. my bad.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:59 AM   #29
Burning

Quote:
The rubber duck puzzle didn't bother me at all. The puzzle in the forest where you had to turn the mouth, ears, etc. of those statues, that was a hard puzzle.
I really liked the forrest puzzle, it was quite logical. Rubber duck puzzle was also not difficult, what I found more difficult was the placing of crystals in the under sea cave.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #30
SamNMax

Quote:
The puzzle in the forest where you had to turn the mouth, ears, etc. of those statues, that was a hard puzzle.
That whole chapter was insomnia-curing.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #31
is not wierd

Quote:
Well I thought that part was easy but found the rubber duck a little wierd. Once I realized what it was all supposed to be for (the key) then it was a breeze but like always my problem in adventure games is more often not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing than not knowing how to actually solve a puzzle.