You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Sam and Max comic/t-shirt & signed prints

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #81
Friendly Server Admin

Well, in the meantime, this at least gives an idea of what the pieces are:

http://www.telltalegames.com/products/hg03

They're on pretty heavy paper stock, and nicely printed (and signed ). I'll take a legitimate photo though. Promise
Old 04-20-2006, 12:34 AM   #82
ben

Ah...I get somewhat depressed when I think of the Sam & Max comics today. Not because I do not like comics, oh no, I love it! But when the first Sam & Max book came out, "Surfin' the Highway", I bought the hardcover edition. I was so stupid to let someone borrow it. And I never got it back.. I see that the used paperback edition goes for a minimum price of 275$ at amazon these days. The HC edition which I had, is much more rare, and is probably worth a lot more. I've never seen a used HC offered anywhere. If I still had it, I would not sell it ether.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:52 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
The whole plot. Then again, I don't really remember what the previous instalments were about, so maybe that explains it.
Due to the infrequency of the strip, yes, a recap by browsing the previous few strips is totally necessary to keep up with the latest one!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:33 PM   #84
Explorer

I wish I had a copy of Surfin' The Highway... any copy... but wow, an original hardcover copy would be amazing. I don't see why they don't re-issue it. They would obviously be able to sell it. A lot. And more.

Somehow over the years my prized copies of The Adventurer containing all those wonderful Sam and Max comics disappeared. I really wish that all the Sam and Max comics and artwork would be re-collected into a new, hardcover collection. That would be amazing.

I don't like the new online comics, with the mouse-over appearing dialogue and stuff. So I didn't read 'em after looking at 'em once when I first heard of them. I want nice, large regular comics that I can save on my hard drive and print.

So there you go, that's my full take on Sam and Max comics.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #85
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
I wish I had a copy of Surfin' The Highway... any copy... but wow, an original hardcover copy would be amazing. I don't see why they don't re-issue it. They would obviously be able to sell it. A lot. And more.

Somehow over the years my prized copies of The Adventurer containing all those wonderful Sam and Max comics disappeared. I really wish that all the Sam and Max comics and artwork would be re-collected into a new, hardcover collection. That would be amazing.

I don't like the new online comics, with the mouse-over appearing dialogue and stuff. So I didn't read 'em after looking at 'em once when I first heard of them. I want nice, large regular comics that I can save on my hard drive and print.

So there you go, that's my full take on Sam and Max comics.
On Ebay they seems to appear once in a while for about 100$, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much for a comic, but it might be the only way to get it?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #86
Super Moderator

When I was looking for Sam and Max, the game on eBay, I ran across this. I don't know if it's a good price or not but I just thought it looked cool.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #87
Explorer

Yeah. I stopped buying on eBay for a while because I did not have the money to spend on those kinds of collecting purchases. But, I now have a once-a-month-contract job that pays me direct to my PayPal account, so I've started running my eBay searches again 'cause I can justify spending that money on collectibles. So I might have to put in that search again.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #88
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
On Ebay they seems to appear once in a while for about 100$, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much for a comic, but it might be the only way to get it?
I dated a guy when I was in college who gave me Surfin' the Highway as a gift. I wasn't really into it and I don't think I've ever read the whole thing. (To be honest, I never gave it a chance... he and I broke up soon after he gave it to me, and into the closet it went!) I have considered selling it, seeing the high prices it goes for, but now that I work for Telltale I suppose I should hang onto it. Maybe I can coax Steve Purcell to sign it for me someday.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:55 PM   #89
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I dated a guy when I was in college who gave me Surfin' the Highway as a gift. I wasn't really into it and I don't think I've ever read the whole thing. (To be honest, I never gave it a chance... he and I broke up soon after he gave it to me, and into the closet it went!) I have considered selling it, seeing the high prices it goes for, but now that I work for Telltale I suppose I should hang onto it. Maybe I can coax Steve Purcell to sign it for me someday.
Lucky you!

The thing is, with the rumours of Purcell releasing a new compilation book, I'm not sure if I should spend 100$ or more on a comic that might be re-released for 20$ or less in the future...
Old 04-21-2006, 11:51 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I have considered selling it, seeing the high prices it goes for, but now that I work for Telltale I suppose I should hang onto it. Maybe I can coax Steve Purcell to sign it for me someday.
And then sell it for even more?
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]