You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Missing : The 13th Victim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #1

Default Missing : The 13th Victim

I am surprised that there is not any news or reviews or anything related to this sequel on the internet, even though the release date is a few days away.
Anybody know any details on this release? Will there be a full-new game or an expansion add-on?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

I think it's The 13th Victim is like an expansion pack, not a whole new game. TAC is packaging it along with the original Missing game in a "Game of the Year" edition.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:26 AM   #3
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I can't believe that I'm going to have to import the American edition to get the expansion pack. Why are UK customers undeserving of this, Ubisoft?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I can't believe that I'm going to have to import the American edition to get the expansion pack. Why are UK customers undeserving of this, Ubisoft?
I was just thinking that... Does this mean that by the time it comes to the UK the web will be full of walkthroughs to stumble upon?

Actually I'm quite interested to hear what they've done for the expansion.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:56 AM   #5
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimus
I was just thinking that... Does this mean that by the time it comes to the UK the web will be full of walkthroughs to stumble upon?

Actually I'm quite interested to hear what they've done for the expansion.
Well, it's been out in France for a year or so. I doubt that it's coming to the UK, or it would have done by now.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Well, it's been out in France for a year or so. I doubt that it's coming to the UK, or it would have done by now.

Has anyone here from France played it? Any reviews?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:58 AM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

I'm annoyed that the only way to get the expansion is by buying the whole game again. It'd be nice to be able to get it at a discount or something if you already have the first game. (I never even finished it, so there's no way I'm buying a new copy, but if I could get the expansion for less than full price I probably would, just to make the game complete.)
Old 08-26-2005, 07:25 AM   #8

Quote:
This isn't exactly surprising, considering their treatment of the original In Memoriam (Missing). I remember we only got a review copy because we hassled them, and then we only got it because the PR guy had a copy or two in his office.

Anyway, this is annoying, not only will I have to import from the US if I want the game (which I really do, the original was great fun), I also have to get the first one again.

Last edited by Kolorabi; 08-26-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:49 AM   #9

Hi !
I am one of administrator on one of the biggest french forum about In Memoriam (oups "Missing" in english).

I don't understand that Ubisoft sells only the add-on with Missing in UK...
Here we had Missing, then The 13th Victim, and then a collector box with both game and a bonus DVD. Did you contact Ubisoft or Lexis-Numérique ?

The 13th Victim is as good as Missing, but the difficulty is higher of course.
We wait Missing 2 here for March 2006
Hope you'll play with it soon !

http://www.anti-phoenix.org

Last edited by a-side; 08-27-2005 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:26 AM   #10

Actually, Ubisoft doesn't seem to be distributing anything in the UK. The only english-language version is the American one from The Adventure Company (DreamCatcher), and that's only available bundled with the original Missing.

Btw, the European english-language version of the original is still called In Memoriam, it's only the American version that's called Missing.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:30 AM   #11

I see
I hope that IM2 will be distributed everywhere ...
Old 08-27-2005, 05:54 AM   #12
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi
Actually, Ubisoft doesn't seem to be distributing anything in the UK. The only english-language version is the American one from The Adventure Company (DreamCatcher), and that's only available bundled with the original Missing.

Btw, the European english-language version of the original is still called In Memoriam, it's only the American version that's called Missing.
Yep. You can find In Memoriam on budget in the UK, but there appear to be no plans to release the expansion. Oh well ...

Old 08-27-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, a-side.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Welcome to the forum, a-side.
Thx Fov
Old 08-28-2005, 01:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Yep. You can find In Memoriam on budget in the UK, but there appear to be no plans to release the expansion. Oh well ...
It's actually quite easy to find here too, but I wouldn't advise anyone to get it, as the internet puzzles are probably all messed up by walkthroughs and forum posts by now. I was really lucky that I got to play it as early as I did.. that's another reason why I'm annoyed about this stuff with the expansion - if I want it, I'd better buy it soon, and that means importing while the price is high.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 PM   #16

Default waiting for my order of the expansion pack from the adventure company to arrive

I ordered my friend the game of the year edition since he didn't play of the first game only what i was playing when he was over. and he also gets the expansino pack and making disc lucky him. I preoreded the expansion pack and still not out yet,but the goty edition is out already so what gives how long do I have to wait for it. I live in the us,but they aren't listing a release date
Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 AM   #17
Chris Barraclough

If you use the search engine provided on the main website in the first game (under the tools section), it uses a command to avoid walkthrough sites ('-memoriam' I think it was). Helps to not spoil the game. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it, I got it for 3 quid off ebay 2 months back.

Didn't know there was gonna be an expansion, I hope they do release it over here. As long as the arcadey bits aren't too annoying! (that guide-the-ball-with-elastic-bands bit drove me nuts!)

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-18-2005, 04:58 AM   #18
Bad command or file name

So is the expansion good enough to warrent paying full price for the game again? I'm pretty annoyed by this too. I'm in the same boat as Fov, I played through most of Missing but never finished it. If the expansion is REALLY good then maybe I'd pick up the GOTY edition (another $20!) and get back into playing this game but chances are, I'm just going to freeze my butt off out here in the cold. Not really sure why they couldn't do a $10 direct download to owners of the previous version or something. Ah well, that's life.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #19
fov
Rattenmonster

Alfanseven, I moved your question into our hints forum. You can access it here.

In other news, it appears TAC will be offering The 13th Victim as a standalone product. It's a preorder right now, don't know what it's going to cost. They're certainly not doing much in the way of promotion.

EDIT: Stuboy, I moved your question here. It's best to keep hint requests in the hints forum because that's where people looking for a hint in the future are going to look.

Last edited by fov; 12-03-2005 at 06:38 PM.