• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Yoomurjak’s Ring sequel?

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Oscar - 12 May 2018 02:23 AM

I figured out 5 locks on my own but this was the one I needed a walkthrough for - and I still don’t know how it’s solved.

[spoiler]So the cipher code was “Deuterium” - how and where was this found? I never came across that word. In fact I was trying to use the Caesar shift, based on the image of Julius Caesar I assembled on the computer. And were the Gabor clues, holography and neutrinos all red herrings? How did the 7:20 and 7the clock come into play?[spoiler]

So, confused as I am, I finished the game. Not bad, although not nearly as good as Yoomurjak’s Ring.

How long did it take you to finish the game?

[spoiler] About the cipher: I think you were supposed to ask the director about “the paper” or something alike, and he would point you to the founding document of the Institute, hanging on the wall.
Can’t remember other details, but my least favorite puzzle was the one with a four digit year that you had to make into three digit one. I spent so much time figuring out what to do with it and the “wood” clue and as it turned out - nothing.[spoiler]

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Cheshire Cat - 12 May 2018 06:14 AM
Oscar - 12 May 2018 02:23 AM

I figured out 5 locks on my own but this was the one I needed a walkthrough for - and I still don’t know how it’s solved.

[spoiler]So the cipher code was “Deuterium” - how and where was this found? I never came across that word. In fact I was trying to use the Caesar shift, based on the image of Julius Caesar I assembled on the computer. And were the Gabor clues, holography and neutrinos all red herrings? How did the 7:20 and 7the clock come into play?[spoiler]

So, confused as I am, I finished the game. Not bad, although not nearly as good as Yoomurjak’s Ring.

How long did it take you to finish the game?

[spoiler] About the cipher: I think you were supposed to ask the director about “the paper” or something alike, and he would point you to the founding document of the Institute, hanging on the wall.
Can’t remember other details, but my least favorite puzzle was the one with a four digit year that you had to make into three digit one. I spent so much time figuring out what to do with it and the “wood” clue and as it turned out - nothing.[spoiler]

My Steam account says 14 hours but I think I spent some of that alt-tabbed, it sounds too long anyway.

I didn’t see any founding document on the wall and couldn’t see how to ask the director about the paper.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-02-10

PM

Oscar - 12 May 2018 06:24 AM

I didn’t see any founding document on the wall and couldn’t see how to ask the director about the paper.

Oscar, now I get what you meant by having tried to use the Caesar shift! I think you’ve found an alternate way to the solution Smile

Apparently you didn’t get the key to the cipher in the game: if you didn’t see the reverse side of the founding document on the wall, you must have missed the name of the cipher method and the keyword. When asking about the name elsewhere, someone gives you the decoding chart. By coincidence, this method happens to be a derivant of the Caesar shift, so you were on the right track. 

As for the other question: Caesar and the clock face puzzles, plus the holography make out a certain date. (For Caesar, the MiniWiki gives a hint). And this is where the director can help: you ask him about the date and “the paper” (the word is written below the coded message).

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

This was such a cool game. My game of the year so far, without a doubt. Smile

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

TerminusEst - 21 April 2017 09:12 PM

This is a bit off-topic but does anyone know where I can buy a digital copy of the English-language version of the original Yoomurjak’s Ring? I’ve looked but not exhaustively enough it seems (and I do not read Hungarian, either).

From the department of Better Late Than Never, Yoomurjak’s Ring is now on Steam. Minor enhancements but it’s full original game with Hungarian voices.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top