• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

We went through a lot of discussion about this. Before we start voting, I would like to know what the current voting rules are. E.g. does a nominated game need a leader> The whole thing. No sense in going through this again.

As an example: If I were to nominate Lighthouse, which started this discussion, and it wins the popular vote, would it be declared the winner, or would it, again, be disqualified for lack of a leader?

We’ve got to get this stuff out of the way, or we will be in the same pissing match.

If there are new rules, lets see them. Otherwise I see no reason to continue the AGCPT concept v. flash playthroughs.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Check for the results on this page, Tim, post #68:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/14749/P60

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am well aware of that synopsis of your survey. But I see no “rules”. I know you said that “This means that a leaderless game can be eligible for a CP if it wins.” And there are other similar statements. But in the above example, “can be” is as wishy washy as it can get. Either a leaderless game WILL be the CPT if it wins the popular vote, or it won’t. Which is it?

Despite your wonderful leadership on this topic, I don’t think anything has been resolved.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

rtrooney - 03 May 2020 10:05 PM

I am well aware of that synopsis of your survey. But I see no “rules”. I know you said that “This means that a leaderless game can be eligible for a CP if it wins.” And there are other similar statements. But in the above example, “can be” is as wishy washy as it can get. Either a leaderless game WILL be the CPT if it wins the popular vote, or it won’t. Which is it?

I think the relevant part is this:

Although 12 out of 16 participants prefer a CP with a leader,  the decision about whether or not a game needs a leader to qualify for a CP is split evenly 8 to 8.  This means that a leaderless game can be eligible for a CP if it wins.  As has been suggested by some who prefer a leader, people can choose not to vote for a game unless a leader appears or they may withdraw their vote before the end of voting.

I take that to mean that it’s up to the voters.
If they withdraw their votes when a leader doesn’t step forward, the game may no longer be the leader.
Or it may still be the leader if it has enough votes, in which case it will win the CPT.

And regarding this part

The majority feel that nominations should begin fresh each round, but a list of previously nominated games could be brought forward as a reference.  This would save having to scroll back through many pages of the previous round.

the games nominated for the previous playthrough were:

Memoria   (won the last CPT)
The Journey Down, Ep. 1-3
Kentucky Route Zero, Ep. 1-5   (unofficial playthrough)
Thimbleweed Park
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow
Stasis
Milkmaid of the Milky Way
Oknytt
A Short Hike

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Crabapple has it right.  A leaderless game will win, if, at the end of the two weeks of voting, it has the most votes.

Thank you for bringing the previous list forward, Crabapple.  This round of nominations and voting will continue until Saturday, May 17.

I’ll add my vote for Little Misfortune, and I offer to lead Tormentum: Dark Sorrow. 

Little Misfortune (3) - MikeKelly (leader), Chrissie, Lady Kestrel

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (1) - Lady Kestrel (leader)

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Why not making the most of all the past debate and conclussions and starting a new thread with the stablished rules at the beginning? A fresh start for all.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone up for Keepsake?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I always wanted to play Keepsake so I would definitely vote for it.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I’ll vote for Keepsake and nominate Lost Eden.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Keepsake (3) - Diego, Walas74, Vehelon

Lost Eden (1) - Vehelon
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (1) - Lady Kestrel (leader)

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’ll vote for Tormentum.

I’d nominate Oknytt again, but I remember the graphics were so dark I had to play it during the night in order to see anything, and that probably makes it non-ideal for a CPT.

Will think about the others, but for now just Tormentum.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

crabapple - 06 May 2020 12:17 AM

I’d nominate Oknytt again, but I remember the graphics were so dark I had to play it during the night in order to see anything, and that probably makes it non-ideal for a CPT.

Did you try lightening the graphics by increasing the gamma in ‘Options’?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Keepsake (3) - Diego, Walas74, Vehelon

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Crabapple

Lost Eden (1) - Vehelon

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

chrissie - 06 May 2020 03:21 AM
crabapple - 06 May 2020 12:17 AM

Did you try lightening the graphics by increasing the gamma in ‘Options’?

Tried that and it looked hideous.
Much better to play the game at night with the lights out.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow + Lost Eden + Lighthouse.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top