• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sefir - 13 July 2012 04:48 AM

I would be interested too, but first I have to try if it runs on Windows 7 64-bit.

Me too. I’ll try it out this weekend.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I tried the setup.exe on my Win7 just now, get the “not compatible” message.  Thumbs Up  Is there a compatibility mode? I’m new to Win7.

However, I can still play it on my XP or even my Win98 computer.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

“Theoretically”, there is a compatibility mode (Properties -> Compatibility).
It’s not always working however… Frown

I’ll try it in the next few days.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ve never had compatibility mode work for anything. It’s useless. If Bill Gates wanted to do something useful, he’d make the next Windows come with a compatibility mode that actually does something.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s been so long that I forget what computer I played it on.  I’ll have to fire up my old iMac and see if it’ll play in Classic.  If so, I think I can manage to fit in an hour or two per night to play it.  I haven’t done this before, so I hope that’ll be enough time.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oscar - 14 July 2012 12:23 AM

I’ve never had compatibility mode work for anything. It’s useless.

Not really (at least not in XP/SP2, I didn’t try Vista or 7).
It helped me with The Space Bar, just like it helped me many times before.

Most of the problems that occur while trying to install some old game come (as far as my experience goes) from the half-assed programming, not from the Windows OS.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I was very happy with the compatibility mode on my XP. Worked fine for the Pandora Directive, GAG, Spycraft and many other games.

PS: I’ll post the introduction to our community playthrough tomorrow. Too busy today.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fien - 13 July 2012 04:36 AM

Timovieman?

I’m in!
I found and bought a big box 3CD version for about 20€ (including shipping). It’ll probably take a week before I get it, though. And maybe a few days more to get it to run on my Vista.
Still have my VirtualMachine with Win98 on it (from the Discworld: Noir playthrough) set up, might use that immediately to avoid problems…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Looks like the folks doing The Space Bar playthrough are starting to finish up!

Shall we commence deliberation for the next game?

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

YES!

What’s it gonna be… Dreamfall?  Heart Eyes

Looking forward to:

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’d be up for Dreamfall. Haven’t played it since it came out.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just played Dreamfall last week!

It seems like there was high interest in The Pandora Directive. I’d vote for that one!

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I will vote against Dreamfall too…There is no point of a playthrough in such easy a game.
On the other hand, The Pandora Directive is too difficult to have one (except if very specific paths are chosen)...
I would prefer a “light” adventure, but with some amount of difficulty in it. Like Toonstruck, or The Neverhood for example…

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Good point about The Pandora Directive. Coordinating the branched paths may be problematic.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sefir - 17 January 2013 02:04 AM

I will vote against Dreamfall too…There is no point of a playthrough in such easy a game.

That’s true. We would all be finished in a week.

I would prefer a “light” adventure, but with some amount of difficulty in it. Like Toonstruck, or The Netherhood for example…

Yes. Something 3rd person, not too difficult and not another comedy after Space Bar. One of the Kyrandias maybe? I get the impression not many around here have played them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top