• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Four Last Things released

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

On another, not Thimbleweed Park related news, a small game called Four Last Things has been released. Some of you might remember it because of the fantastic art style of using old renaissance paintings as a basis for cut out animation.

The best things first:

The game is funny. It has this whole Monty Python like take on religion, which is good considering that your aim is to commit the 7 deadly sins in order to get absolution from the church.

It looks really great. The chose style works wonderfully and it’s pretty awesome to see all those old paintings brought alive as a game.

The puzzles are mostly pretty fun, mostly simple, but fun. There’s certain level of adventure game logic here and there, but nothing Sierra level.

Then the bad things. It’s not a long game. It took me a bout 2 hours to finish it. So in that sense you could say it’s a bit expensive.

I consider this to be a bad thing as well, though your mileage may vary: it has no voice acting. But then again, this was made on a budget: the Kickstarter did get only a bit over 4000 pounds, so that doesn’t give a massive leeway to but anything extra in.

And finally, I didn’t back this one. I did get it immediatly as I saw it though, as the art style really caught my eye.

I’d say it was money well spent for me, as I did enjoy it quite a bit, but again, if you’re looking for a longer game, then I’d recommend a sale. It’s fun none the less.

Link to Steam page

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Started the game and immediately and the animations and writing reminded me of The Preposterous Awesomeness of Everything and only then I checked and saw it was indeed the same creator.
Happy to see the developer doing more stuff and this seems to be a more polished game than PAoE with a more appealing art style.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Sequel released? Gasp I didn’t even know it was being made.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1071130/The_Procession_to_Calvary/

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Very rare instabuy for me. I was aware the dev was making another game in this style, but I haven’t followed the project, so I had no idea when it was coming out.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

tomimt - 09 April 2020 02:53 PM

Very rare instabuy for me. I was aware the dev was making another game in this style, but I haven’t followed the project, so I had no idea when it was coming out.

Do let us know how the game is. Four Last Things was a fun and original diversion, something which sequels rarely achieve.

(Is it an actual sequel or more of a follow up?)

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just completed the game. Like Four Last Things, The Procession to Calvary isn’t a long game, about three hours or so.

I’d dare to say, that it’s as good or even a bit better than its predecessor. If you liked the style of the previous game, you’ll like this one as well. I know I laughed out loud multiple times during the game

The Procession to Calvary isn’t a sequel to Four Last Things, it is a follow-up game, but the thematic of the comedy do stem from the same place.

Here’s my full review: https://playernone.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-procession-to-calvary-2020.html

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top