• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Retro Crime Adventure - Shadows by the Waterhouse

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Raphael, thank you for the tips - I thought there must be something else to do with USB stick.

Thanks for your email btw - I thought it could be helpful to anyone else that might be playing to reply to you here.
The cottage I meant was the one you come across after finding something in the mole hole.

I’ve moved on quite a lot now & am stuck again - I’m trapped in the doctor’s house - I can see that the ‘clone’ is signalling to her right with her eyes but I can’t find anything in the room that I can do anything with? Help!

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

chrissie - 24 June 2020 05:00 AM

I’ve moved on quite a lot now & am stuck again ... I can’t find anything in the room that I can do anything with? Help!

My first tip: Search again Wink ... and if you really won`t find anything useful: Have a focus at the area left of the glass pane.

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

And here is the first walkthrough video from chapter 1:

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you!  Thumbs Up I’ve now finished the game & thinking about the ending (yes, I did see the clip after the credits)......I certainly could now do with that brain I gave away   Laughing

It’s certainly the most interesting game I’ve played for a long time & I wish you hadn’t been so modest on the kickstarter.

A remastered version would be wonderful but you really wouldn’t have to change too much. An optional hotspot highlighter would be good as that’s mainly what held me up. Also navigation was difficult. Better clarity graphics (in the same colours) would be great that also better reflect consistent weather conditions & appropriate times of day. Also there was some dialogue towards the end that didn’t include an English translation for which I had to look up on Google translate. 

Otherwise I really loved the whole concept of the game & thought the voice-acting which added a lot to the foreboding atmosphere was wonderful. Thumbs Up

Are you making any more games?

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

If you say that you really loved the whole concept of the game, I’m very happy. Because unfortunately I hardly got any feedback on my game, neither negative nor positive, let alone a single review. That is really sad, because I have to answer your question with “no”, whether I will develop more games in the future. Unfortunately, the big effort is not worth it - unless I could still find ways to attract more attention to the game. But how?

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’m a bit confused, what’s the difference between Shadows by the Waterhouse and Shadows by the Waterhouse major version? Is the major version part 2?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The major version includes an additional 2nd chapter.  Smile

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

ah, well I actually purchased the non major version before posting Smile Well guess I’ll buy the major version after then…

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

giom - 21 September 2020 09:43 PM

ah, well I actually purchased the non major version before posting Smile Well guess I’ll buy the major version after then…

Oh, I might have to label it a little better. I saw in my account that you bought the first chapter 17 hours ago. If you want you can have the main version cheaper if you would transfer three instead of five euros to me via PayPal (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)). But you don’t have to decide that immediately, take your time and come back to my offer whenever you want Wink... Best regards, Raphael Smile

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

Here is a free Waterhouse Demo Version https://novel-games.itch.io/waterhouse-demo Smile
and further video walkthroughs

(written complete solution on http://www.artsunited.de)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really liked this game - it was very difficult but I loved the atmosphere & persisted to eventually progress to an interesting ending. It was a very nice contrast to the many un-challenging games I’ve experienced.

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

chrissie - 12 February 2021 04:21 PM

I really liked this game - it was very difficult but I loved the atmosphere & persisted to eventually progress to an interesting ending. It was a very nice contrast to the many un-challenging games I’ve experienced.

Thank you for your feedback, chrissie!! I am very happy about your positive review. A third part of the Waterhouse story is already being planned Wink

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

As I said, there will probably be a third, final part of the Waterhouse saga, but in which form (whether as a pure text or graphic adventure) has not yet been determined.

The two previous parts are currently available for a total of 1.60 $ (or 1.80 $ including the soundtrack) until November 2nd! = 80% reduced! Wink
> https://itch.io/s/57572/pumpkin-days

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’d prefer graphics but as I got so far I would go along with a pure text version if you must!  Laughing

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

chrissie - 31 October 2021 11:14 AM

I’d prefer graphics but as I got so far I would go along with a pure text version if you must!  Laughing

Thanx for your feedback, Chrissie! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top