• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Heavy Rain (PC compatibility?)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Detective Mosely - 02 February 2017 10:59 PM
nomadsoul - 02 February 2017 02:27 AM

I played on ps2 so analog stick movements were neat in many scenes, varied and fun
unlike TTG

You literally just have to hit a ton of buttons in a row matching the ones that appear on the screen.  And if you miss one, you usually fail the scene.  Possibly the worst version of “gameplay” I’ve ever seen in a game.

I’m not the type of adventure gamer that struggles to get through a game just because it has some difficult action sequences, but there were some scenes near the end that I struggled with so bad I just quit playing.  A really frustrating and unfun experience.

I’m glad David Cage learned some restraint in the QTE’s in Heavy Rain because they could be a bit long in Indigo…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 03 February 2017 09:54 AM

I’m glad David Cage used some creativity in the QTE’s of Heavy Rain and wished they can be more long in HeavyRain…

Fixed!

Smile

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yeah, I played Indigo on PC and stopped partly because the QTE were impossible to do for me and because it just wasn’t fun enough to keep trying.

I like puzzles and exploration and I enjoy hybrid games usually but QTEs and hidden object games are where I draw the line, they are just so so boring.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sadly, what console makers do is have games that will only run on their system releases. Fortunately, the PS3 is a very old console and used ones can be had for as little as 70 dollars, and good games for as little as 5 dollars.

I bought a used PS3 and about 10 adventures games last key Heavy Rain and just had a blast with it. The graphics on this game are simply amazing - I can’t recommend this game highly enough - a real classic.

And when you are done, you can always sell the PS3 and it’s games and get most of your money back.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

giom - 03 February 2017 10:43 AM

Yeah, I played Indigo on PC and stopped partly because the QTE were impossible to do for me and because it just wasn’t fun enough to keep trying.

I like puzzles and exploration and I enjoy hybrid games usually but QTEs and hidden object games are where I draw the line, they are just so so boring.

Trick was constant changing the input due to qte’s style coz some qte’s easier to pass with keyboard and others are easier with analog stick.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well in that sense the whole fun of guitar hero and them arcade games can be said as annoyance

Fahrenheit QTEs were like them rhythm games, and with right interface were quite fun
It was not restricted and repeated like TTG
In all TTG its same buttons, same left right and arc motions, thats all
If you are using QTEs atleast be creative like in the Hrain vid i posted above

And remember this moment

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Gabe - 04 February 2017 07:21 AM
giom - 03 February 2017 10:43 AM

Trick was constant changing the input due to qte’s style coz some qte’s easier to pass with keyboard and others are easier with analog stick.

Yeah, I didn’t have a gamepad at the time so I was only using the keyboard.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The big problem of Fahrenheit is that it ends up being nothing but a huge QTE fest after the great opening. It doesn’t really help that the plot turns into a horrible mess as well. I really tried to grit my teeth with it, but in the end I just had to give up.

But as I said, I really did like the beginning of it. It propably has one of the best game openings in any genre. It builds up tension and fear of getting caught very nicely.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

While I’m not advocating for anyone to buy a new console, I feel like I should mention that both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls(Quantic Dream’s other PS3 game) have been ported to the PS4, and the next QD game Detroit: Become Human is going to be a PS4 release sometime in the future.  Also Until Dawn had similar gameplay. 

So, if you like QD, there is another(rather poor) option.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

What is this great opening of Fahrenheit everyone is talking about? I thought it was awful and uninstalled right after. God knows how bad the rest of the game must be…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

BitingWit - 07 February 2017 11:51 PM

What is this great opening of Fahrenheit everyone is talking about? I thought it was awful and uninstalled right after. God knows how bad the rest of the game must be…

i was afraid to say te same thing, but didnt wanna offend anyone who considers it a gem.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 08 February 2017 01:09 AM
BitingWit - 07 February 2017 11:51 PM

i was afraid to say te same thing, but didnt wanna offend anyone who considers it a gem.

That Diner , washroom scene impressed non gamers too, plenty of people i showed too
Not just as AG but comparing to other games, it hit cinematic bar
Camera angles and presentation was good stuff
Plus i am sure people still play worst AGs with worst scenes than Fahrenheit intro still its cool to hate Cage

Still waiting for ps4 ver of remaster, that music,VA and atmosphere still holds up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i wanted to repeat the first part after that cop got me ‘But What if i Missed’ something

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Advie - 28 May 2019 07:56 PM

Good news, finally!
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/heavy-rain/demo

So glad to see that, I’ve been waiting for this game to come to PC since forever! And with the current sale on all Epic games, it’s really affordable. Now I just have to hope my less-than-stellar specs can handle it…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top