• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 21 May 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

His cameo in MI4 was pretty awful, but I loved everything about Murray in Tales: his dialogue, his relationship with Guybrush, the 3D design… And of course the end credits.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve only played the first two episodes of Tales of MI, so I haven’t met Murray yet.  I’m looking forward to it.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Suggestion: one thread for all Adventure Game Scenes of the Day.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I loved his Appearance (also) with the Closing Credits at the Tales: Episode 3 Lair of the Leviathan,
the comments made over each of the game’s Crew are Hilarious

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeap, I concur with one thread - also, anyone can post the next scene? I guess it can force people to get up earlier Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Fien, diego: I like having a separate thread each day because I always thought of Wreck’s original AGSD threads as a sort of Advent calendar. Every day, at a set time, you would get this little surprise. I loved that; I loved the excitement of seeing a new AGSD thread and wondering what it was going to be about today. If everything is lumped in the same thread, you lose that.

Furthermore, it could get messy if conversations start running for more than a day, as they sometimes did. It’ll be hard to follow who’s discussing what scene.

As for who’s in charge of it: I’m all for having extra people involved, as I’ll run out of ideas at some point, and I have lots of blind spots (i.e. games I haven’t played). But I think there should be some coordination, so that it’s not a rush for who will get to go first, or scenes getting posted at random times — once again, I’d really like to maintain that “Advent calendar” feel.

The worst would be everything in the same thread and everyone posting screenshots at random times, with several scenes on the same day, and none on some other days, conversations going in every direction because people are talking about 6 different scenes at the same time, etc. I would have no interest in a mess like that, and that’s certainly not what I tried to achieve when reviving the AGSD.

Now, if people want to do something different, fine. I don’t have a trademark on “Adventure Game Scene of the Day”. But I wouldn’t want this to get ruined immediately.  Meh

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I like the way you’re doing it, Kurufinwe.  That way the discussion can be self-contained and about the game.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The end credits of that game were funny as hell.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top