• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Star Wars Battlefront

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 November 2015 09:23 AM

Gamestop confirmed game didnt hit the expected mark, google.
Fallout and Blops rekt the sales.
Also Asscreed flopped, thats a good sign even though it is something i want to play.

I doubt this will sell badly, we still have the movie to come (and close to Xmas).
Fallout being a monster hit is amazing news! After Witcher 3 doing good, this is awesome for single player RPGs.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ea on the other hand are saying the game has broken all digital download records and is selling faster than any Star Wars game to date.

Which is a shame as it is just selling on the IP and nothing to do with the quality of the game

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

As Wilco said, once the film is out, it’ll sell more. As a marketing move, it’s a good idea really. They’ve released the game earlier and got the core gamers and Star Wars nuts straight away. Now, once the film is out, it’ll probably see a jump up in sales due to the more casual gamers watching the film and then wanting the game. Along side the films release, I suspect DLC will be released for those who already own the game and want more.

It’s not the battlefront I wanted and it was clearly rushed, however, trying to be optimistic, this is bound to spring sequels. Hopefully, we’ll see a more complete game as the series goes on.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 26 November 2015 06:51 AM

As Wilco said,core gamers ........ Star Wars casual gamers

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1152836

You got it right.
Looks like you and wilco are target base.  Wink

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I didn’t buy it Tongue

I played the beta and have had a go around my friends house. There’s just not enough there for me to buy it. I’m waiting for the sequel now where they’ll hopefully put some more effort in.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

“EA’s Star Wars: Battlefront had the best first month sales for any Star Wars game, exceeding Star Wars: Force Unleashed by 21 percent.

So after all the hype , it boiled to benchmarking against force unleashed.
And by 21%, seriously.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top