• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLindaLittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Just to make clear: theres no actual news of devils men being scrapped right? Just speculation that its taking a back seat? (and that much is clear at least)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zane - 10 December 2017 01:10 PM

Just to make clear: theres no actual news of devils men being scrapped right? Just speculation that its taking a back seat? (and that much is clear at least)

right!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 10 December 2017 01:28 PM
zane - 10 December 2017 01:10 PM

right!

At least they are still selling merchandise  Neutral

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 10 December 2017 02:57 PM

Neutral

holding your laugh, i couldn’t !!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jackal - 09 December 2017 12:13 PM

Daedalic just published AER, so it really isn’t a reflection of what they’re making themselves.

i just remembered that i wished they keep publishing real/classic adventure game for other indie devs, and do whatever they what to do, as the change is (for me) too apparent (same as ttg change)... but even go and publishin walkin-sim, that is too much for someone who loved Daedalic, and thought its the best thing ever happened to adventure gaming since Sierra and LucasArts Cry  Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes is an underrated gem.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

darthmaul - 15 December 2017 02:05 PM

Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes is an underrated gem.

i agree its a Gem that didnt glow a much as its predecessor

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I think a high % of us would agree: when it comes to traditional adventures daedalic has a very good track record for fan reception, whether they are sequels or spinoffs or whatever. So i dont think thats the source of the change. The source is the people paying the bills changed.. and the fan favorites arent paying the bills in their eyes.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zane - 15 December 2017 03:55 PM

I think a high % of us would agree: when it comes to traditional adventures daedalic has a very good track record for fan reception, whether they are sequels or spinoffs or whatever. So ir eyes.

i am tracking their fan page ALL THE TIME when they only had about 10-12K fans there not like now (they are 113K), so i know people didnt ask for blackguards i.e, fans always asking for real AGs, and i remember a post one time from an Admin where he was teasing the fans to buy blackguards if they wanted to see Rufus again.

what are you saying is great and has much meaning for how the power of the people is what directing the devs! ... and its what i would wish for, but i believe Daedalic was agitated by ttg appearance and success like most of the other devs around, which some of them even closed when they couldn’t compete, and bc Daedalic was older at the scene it might have been a bit of a shudder!

but still, i think your say could be applicable to the current state! but not to the change (i believe).

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Word has it that Poki’s next game will be 3D with action. Game over, I’d say.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LittleRose - 14 February 2018 05:50 PM

Word has it that Poki’s next game will be 3D with action. Game over, I’d say.

ah, yeah, now we need to discuss their past.

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

It gets worse: They’ve cancelled their last p&c adventure. State of Mind will most likely be more of an interactive movie. The classic adventures don’t fit their big dreams of becoming richer and more successful, so we old fans and our requests will be ignored from now on.
Just as always. First they sell their company, then their ideals.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I missed that Edna & Harvey is getting a 10th anniversary edition next year with console release. Graphical update? Good to see te franchise still alive.

Also they are publishing Felix the Reaper and it looks pretty cool but seems like a puzzle game

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Its seems SoM was a big success for Daedalic afterall, they are announcing six titles in the next days claiming that this is “gonna be the most exciting and ambitious year..” that will include “a classic adventure experiences”.
...as for SoM “..working on AAA projects on a scale that will astonish fans and media. With IPs like this, we aim to create a stir that goes beyond the gaming industry”.

https://www.destructoid.com/daedalic-games-has-six-new-titles-to-announce-soon-541921.phtml?fbclid=IwAR2k_mSxQhU8FHzASIoyRnfNXEUcvCJKhgAPJycctRAj7_Y81G43m-ihQ8Y&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Well, if State of Mind was successfull I’m glad since it was a very good game. There are very few writers of adv.games as interesting and intelligent as Martin Ganteföhr.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top