• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz Announcements

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

This is just a heads up on a big quiz I have made that I will be posting soon. It contains 25 puzzles and 100 screenshots to identify. Due to the puzzles, its size, and a desire to allow more participation, I plan to do it all by PM and have the contest last at least a week.

The only thing left to decide is when to post it and what type of rules I should utilize. Perhaps I should post it tomorrow and let it run until the end of the month?

Should I limit the number of guesses in some way (declining points on each successive guess, 3 strikes you’re out per item, limited number of PMs)?

Should I keep separate scores for puzzles, screenshots and total so those who want to specialize in one or the other can still rank high in that specific category?

Any preferences or input?

Regardless, I look forward to unleashing my unholy contest on you, whenever and however I wind up doing so. I guarantee that it was far more challenging to create than it will be to play.

Oh, and use this thread to announce any other quizzes that you come up with. No point in creating lots of essentially duplicate threads.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thumbs Up I was just thinking that it would be great for someone to post a quiz to start off with the new look of the site!

I like the idea of PM & if you’ve got different sections to it I like the idea of splitting the scores for each but perhaps have a grand score too? As for the details - whichever way you want to do it! As for the time, a month may be too long - perhaps a period spanning 2 weekends? Looking forward to it Bastich however you decide to do it!!!!!    Grin

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yay!  I love your diabolical quizzes, Bastich!  I’d say let it run for at least 2 weeks, and I think the separate scores is a good idea if it’s not too much trouble for you.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Thank you for your input. I am going to post the quiz later today. I’m just making a few last minute preparations.

Lady Kestrel - 20 May 2012 02:18 PM

Yay!  I love your diabolical quizzes, Bastich!

This puzzle type will look familiar to you as you sort of beta-tested the concept about 7 years ago. They are entirely adventure game based this time though. This is what I really wanted to do back then but was too lazy to follow through on.

7 years of procrastination is a pretty good achievement if you ask me…

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It took me the whole 7 years to grow all my hair back after the last one, but I’m ready for baldness again.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I missed the last one but I’ve got plenty of hair!!!  Grin

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 May 2012 03:12 PM

It took me the whole 7 years to grow all my hair back after the last one, but I’m ready for baldness again.

I started losing my hair at about the same time. The only problem is that it regrew on my back instead of my head. Hopefully you were more fortunate…

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Bastich - 21 May 2012 03:49 PM
Lady Kestrel - 21 May 2012 03:12 PM

I started losing my hair at about the same time. The only problem is that it regrew on my back instead of my head. Hopefully you were more fortunate…

Interesting…....wasn’t that about the same time as your appearance in Scratches?  Coincidence Gasp

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Don’t jump - I don’t have a quiz to announce, just want to comment on (YET ANOTHER) forum flaw.

This new forum software doesn’t show editing time of posts, so (in theory) anyone can change their posts at will (anytime).
Therefore I think the only cheat-free way to run quizzes now is to do them by PM, or at least to combine direct posting with PM.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 13 June 2012 03:08 AM

Don’t jump - I don’t have a quiz to announce, just want to comment on (YET ANOTHER) forum flaw.

This new forum software doesn’t show editing time of posts, so (in theory) anyone can change their posts at will (anytime).
Therefore I think the only cheat-free way to run quizzes now is to do them by PM, or at least to combine direct posting with PM.

Yeah, I noticed it too. There goes my new quiz I’ve been preparing before “the change” happened   Cry  ( Yes I don’t like running a quiz with PMs Shifty Eyed )
I hate the new forums Meh

Edit: I just accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my post. And now there’s no way to erase those posts. Another option the new forum doesn’t have Angry

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

SweetDalilah - 13 June 2012 08:30 AM

Yeah, I noticed it too. There goes my new quiz I’ve been preparing, before “the change” happened Cry  ( Yes I don’t like running a quiz with PMs Shifty Eyed )

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Yeah, I noticed it too. There goes my new quiz I’ve been preparing, before “the change” happened Cry  ( Yes I don’t like running a quiz with PMs Shifty Eyed )

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SweetDalilah - 13 June 2012 08:32 AM

The posts don’t seem to be marked as edited at all but I hate to think that anyone would deliberately cheat! Maybe a way round it is for the quizmaster to ask that answers aren’t edited & any changes to them requested in a new post? Also most people taking part tend to look at the previous posts to avoid repeating answers. I agree that using PM is the most fool-proof way but if you don’t like running a quiz that way SweetDalilah, I’d just go ahead with the posting method - I look forward to it!      Laughing

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just realised that if you post on a thread you get e-mail notification of subsequent posts with the date, time & content unless you unsubscibe to the thread. So if you post a quiz, as long as you’re subscibed to receive emails for it, you will get details of all the answers posted which would eliminate the need to double up with PMs?

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Has quiz fatigue struck by now or can we have a go at a new one?
Some time ago I mentioned that I have two unused screenshot quizzes on my pc so I wouldn’t mind trying out one next week.

Unless someone else is already shaping up to present one…
BTW mine are not ‘friday 13th’ themed, so if anyone else has one like that, that would be more appropriate.  Naughty

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

(I bet zobraks subscribes to this thread too. Innocent)

HandsFree, you should first check with Gabe to see if he’s planning to jumpstart his art quiz before proceeding, but I don’t think he’d mind if you presented yours in the meantime.

(Before anyone asks, I don’t think the superquiz I was planning is going to appear anytime soon, for various reasons. I apologize for getting everyone’s hopes up! Embarassed)

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top