• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Cool, I’ll help spread the word where I can too.

It is a shame to see such a bad attitude from the media. I remember someone tweeted Greg Miller and his response said it all really. Thankfully that prune has gone under the radar now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

Hardcoregamer article is up. Momentum is building!

If you haven’t done so already, maybe in your pitch tell the journalists/bloggers what games inspired Demetrios, which modern adventures are most closest to its style, what innovations Demetrios brings to the table/how it stands out from the pack. Should make for more juicy coverage.

Can’t wait to try the demo today. I’m getting a Nippon Safes/Big Red Adventure vibe with this one.

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

My first article, awesome! Smile

I hesitate to talk about influences, because I don’t know if it’s actually allowed from a legal point of view.

If so, I’d say it’s mainly inspired by the Broken Sword series, although it might have a little pinch of Discworld (some of the humor), Gabriel Knight (comic cutscenes, the characters heads/dialogs), Phoenix Wright (first person view)

Though it’s hard for me to compare to such juggernauts :p I’m just making one silly little game that I hope some people will enjoy.

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Nice to see you getting noticed, keep up the good work!

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Wow, Mr Underhill, your game looks awesome!
It’s hard for me to compete as I do everything alone :p But in any case, I’m glad to see more adventure games with hand painted backgrounds, and not pixel art (which has been done way too much IMO)

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Doing everything alone is crazy. YOU’RE CRAZY, YA HEAR?  Crazy

No, but seriously, it’s an insane amount of work and I am in awe with people that take on a task like this by themselves. All I can say is godspeed and don’t give up!

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

Few more sites to try perhaps: n4g.com, http://www.cnet.com, techzwn.com (offer them an interview), pc.mmgn.com.

I’ll update the list tonight.

Think a good advertisement point for Demetrios is: A Broken Sword-style adventure with unique hand-painted visuals. That should position the game well and get everyone excited!

Edit: Wow n4g already picked it up. Looking good!

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

More sites you can reach out to:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com, www.destructoid.com, indiegames.com, http://www.gamershell.com, justadventure.com, http://www.gameranx.com, creative-gaming.co.uk, diehardgamefan.com, gertlushgaming.co.uk, http://www.jeuxvideo.com, www.usgamer.net, http://www.gameboomers.com

You can try to get a play-through of your demo up on a popular youtube channel. Pewdiepie is the biggest one. 123Pazu is also one to consider.

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Think a good advertisement point for Demetrios is: A Broken Sword-style adventure with unique hand-painted visuals. That should position the game well and get everyone excited!

I think I’ll do that. I see most other projects writing references to other games, so I suppose this is allowed/tolerated.
Besides, the official Broken Sword Facebook page has given me a like :p

Thanks a lot for the help! Smile For now, 3 out of 6 news sites have positively replied after reaching them, I’m still waiting for a reply from the other ones. I’ll try to reach more soon Smile

Surprisingly, not so much luck with Youtubers yet. After watching a GDC video about how to reach them, I sent emails to about 20 small but active Youtubers, none have replied yet. But maybe I should wait some more.

Aside from that, did any of you try and play the demo? I’m curious to know your opinion. Wink

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Have you tried Jim Sterling and Laura Kate (indiehaven.com)? Both have been really supportive of the smaller devs.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Already contacted them through their general contact email, no reply yet. But I’ll wait a little, maybe the people who didn’t answer are just busy.

Been working on a mini-game today, for Chapter 2… I’m glad I was able to finish it in two days Smile It’s funny how some things can be fun and done very quickly, while others take ages that you won’t really see.

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

I would strike while the iron is hot. The longer the demo is out, the longer it becomes old news. Keep up the publicity push.

You can also tell big sites like pcgamer.com that you’ve already been picked up by hardcoregamer.com et al to show them this is newsworthy.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Err, small issue, but It won’t accept my email so I can download the demo. I’ve checked my email and it’s definitely correct, but it keeps telling me it’s invaild and I need to check the syntax.

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Oh… Sorry about that.
I have removed the check, you should be able to submit now.
Thanks for reporting this.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Ah, perfect. It works now.

Thank you Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top