• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pendulo’s Yesterday Origins

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Was the teaser posted already? (asks for age certification for some reason)

How is the first game?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie - 11 June 2016 09:27 AM
Ahenobarbus - 11 June 2016 05:35 AM

Yep, I thought Microids` adventure game glory days were long time past but now there seems to be small renaissance going on in Microids studio. Syberia 3 looks really awesome, ABC Murders is on my shopping list and I will play it sooner or later and Yesterday Origins might turn out to be solid game too. I`m also really happy to see Pendulo back in business. Kudos to Microids!

yea, its awesome, Micoids tho it had a very few hotposts at the adventure gaming history but had filled in some (even small) gaps in void years of adventure gaming.

i also have a hunch that they might wanna go for a new sequel of Still Life anytime soon, only a hunch.

You two lovebirds might want to play ABC Murders before proclaiming a Microids renaissance. Hint: It’s not very good. If the same standards are used in S3 then it won’t be either.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 11 June 2016 10:24 AM
Advie - 11 June 2016 09:27 AM
Ahenobarbus - 11 June 2016 05:35 AM

Yep, I thought Microids` adventure game glory days were long time past but now there seems to be small renaissance going on in Microids studio. Syberia 3 looks really awesome, ABC Murders is on my shopping list and I will play it sooner or later and Yesterday Origins might turn out to be solid game too. I`m also really happy to see Pendulo back in business. Kudos to Microids!

yea, its awesome, Micoids tho it had a very few hotposts at the adventure gaming history but had filled in some (even small) gaps in void years of adventure gaming.

i also have a hunch that they might wanna go for a new sequel of Still Life anytime soon, only a hunch.

You two lovebirds might want to play ABC Murders before proclaiming a Microids renaissance. Hint: It’s not very good. If the same standards are used in S3 then it won’t be either.

Well, leader and team is different i guess or not?
Sokal has different team, no?
His standard will define quality.

ABC looked average from the outset.

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 23 May 2015 07:16 AM

Yesterday was not my favourite game from Pendulo, and Runaway has kind of run it’s course, but the whole setting from Hollywood Monsters / The Next Big Thing certainly had potential for more games.

I thought Yesterday was an interesting ‘darker’ game which in my mind was let down a little by the more lighter approach to the graphics which were on a par with the Runaway series i.e. too ‘cartoony’ for the theme. The Next Big Thing I found surprisingly much more interesting than I thought I would!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think it hasn’t been posted. Don’t watch it haven’y played the first one but this one seems bigger.
Gamescom trailer

I recently played the first one and enjoyed it more than I though I would. The dark story was surprising, puzzles were pretty standart but was fast paced unlike the boring Runaway 2.
Too bad the one-touch interface was terrible, I hope they fixed it for the sequel.
I hope this guy returns:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the touches of Microïds (as Nicolas Eymerich) is visible on Pendulo’s work.. can’t say i appreciate it.. the colours are too much.. a bit cartoony (or too much).. hope they maintain the serious tone of the first.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

less than 24 hours for the release.
Launch Trailer:

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game was out yesterday.
Played the prologue and a bit of the first part. Looks good and seems polished.
Interface is a bit weird, started playing with mouse but felt more comfortable with the controller so I’m using that.

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Visually wonderful. It warns at the beginning that it’s better to play using gamepad. As I don’t have one, I’ll manage with the mouse.

Too bad that an Spanish game has no voices in Spanish…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

again no voice description, i thought it was a big flaw to the predecessor and Microids would handle this right, pfft

seriously long live wadjetEye for being a small indie dev and could handle voice acting and soundtracks like no body else!!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

seriously long live wadjetEye for being a small indie dev and could handle voice acting and soundtracks like no body else!!

That is one thing I love about wadjet games, they have great voice acting.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

But don’t spend a few dollars to translate their games into Spanish, even not the subtitles.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1076

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

No one playing this,curious if any review will be available?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gabe - 25 November 2016 02:38 PM

No one playing this,curious if any review will be available?

I’m sure it will, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it got 5 stars - not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but at the moment I’m looking at a giant picture of the two protagonists in the background of the forum. AdventureGamers sponsored by Microids? Not a good start for the new regime, if you ask me.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Ads don’t influence reviews, Oscar. Never have, never will.

Would you rather we had ads that were irrelevant to the people using the website?

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top