• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game sound… uh, game

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Just to check: Are we talking about the original release of Catherine or the PC version?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Phlebas - 14 July 2020 10:27 AM

Just to check: Are we talking about the original release of Catherine or the PC version?

I was talking about the 2011 release. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Come on, the third clip contains a big hint!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

first thought it is Lost Horizon bc of the Asian sound, but its not the correct year, then the guitars lead me to guess Zerzura? and its 2012

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Not Lost Chronicles of Zerzura. You’ve got the year right, but you seem to have forgotten that we’re looking for a PS3 game… Wink

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Papo & Yo?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 18 July 2020 08:48 AM

Papo & Yo?

Ding-ding-ding! Your turn!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Next:

https://vocaroo.com/8qWqaj7dEGF

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Wasn’t there a country singer in Sam & Max Hit the Road? I’m probably wrong, but worth a try and it seems like that kind of humor.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Love it! Chitlins, Whiskey & Skirt.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Full Throttle, baby!  Cool

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Vehelon - 18 July 2020 11:25 AM

Wasn’t there a country singer in Sam & Max Hit the Road? I’m probably wrong, but worth a try and it seems like that kind of humor.

It’s not Sam and Max, but as you can see, you “smelled” the Lucas Arts vibe…

Advie - 18 July 2020 11:48 AM

Love it! Chitlins, Whiskey & Skirt.

Yes! But since Advie was too lazy to write the name of the game…

TimovieMan - 18 July 2020 02:12 PM

Full Throttle, baby!  Cool

Timovieman got it!

It’s interesting that this particular track hasn’t been done by The Gone Jackals, but by a trio led by Jon Spiegel, who said: ” “Chitlins, Whiskey, and Skirt”. Chicago band formed in the late 90’s just to record this single song as a favour to my friend Pete McConnell, the sound designer of the game. My brother Matt got to be “Chitlins’”. I was “Whiskey ” (steel guitar). My buddy John Rice ended being “Skirt”. Sorry, Phloss, buddy!!”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

no problem Diego man, let Timo stun us

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 18 July 2020 02:58 PM

It’s interesting that this particular track hasn’t been done by The Gone Jackals, but by a trio led by Jon Spiegel, who said: ” “Chitlins, Whiskey, and Skirt”. Chicago band formed in the late 90’s just to record this single song as a favour to my friend Pete McConnell, the sound designer of the game. My brother Matt got to be “Chitlins’”. I was “Whiskey ” (steel guitar). My buddy John Rice ended being “Skirt”. Sorry, Phloss, buddy!!”

I did not know that. I figured it was also The Gone Jackals, just in a different style… Gasp

Anyway, next!

Here you go… Smile

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I know the title of the mp3 is a red herring, but I’d still bet my life savings it’s a Japanese game. The kind of music when something bad happens to the protagonist and he’s all sad…  Sealed Lips

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top