• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ll guess The Last Express.

Edit:  I see Karlok beat me to it.  I’m not surprised.  Laughing

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Karlok: Let me think about my Top Ten! And I will definitely play “The Last Express”.. this is a fun coincidence. I’ve been on a thrift store quest for “Ceremony of Innocence”,  a long shot, I know.. but I did manage to find this gem! It was kept in folded sheets of paper, but the discs are in mint condition. I’m going to give the game a try right now.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2007-09-01

PM

Karlok - 23 May 2021 01:26 PM

Eh… not true. It is an important object, don’t you remember?

Ah, sorry! I only started playing The Last Express recently and I haven’t gotten far into it, but I somehow (in hindsight, foolishly) assumed this clock was just there for decor Shifty Eyed

Congrats Karlok, your turn.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 23 May 2021 01:39 PM

@Karlok: Let me think about my Top Ten! And I will definitely play “The Last Express”.. this is a fun coincidence. I’ve been on a thrift store quest for “Ceremony of Innocence”,  a long shot, I know.. but I did manage to find this gem! It was kept in folded sheets of paper, but the discs are in mint condition. I’m going to give the game a try right now.

Thrift Store Quest. I’ll write it if others are willing to do the artwork and programming.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Bon - 23 May 2021 02:04 PM

Ah, sorry! I only started playing The Last Express recently and I haven’t gotten far into it, but I somehow (in hindsight, foolishly) assumed this clock was just there for decor Shifty Eyed

Now you know you should keep an eye on the clock. Smile

Vegetable Party - 23 May 2021 01:39 PM

Hope you like TLE. It may take a while to get used to the rotoscope animation and the real-time gameplay.

There’s a mint copy of Ceremony of Innocence for sale on ebay, if you’re willing to pay 40 dollars.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203261369532?hash=item2f53525cbc:g:3BMAAOSw5VVgEar3

New pic:

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Found it!

The answer is: “TOHU”.

(I wish I could put the diacritic on the U)

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 24 May 2021 06:37 PM

Found it!

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but that word means ‘Desolate’ or ‘desolation’ in the holy tongue (the language that the old testament is written in, basically ‘Olde Hebrew’). It’s used for the first time (and as far as I know only time) toward the beginning of Genesis to describe the world before God created things like land and oceans and flora and fauna.

Sorry for the little tangent, I’m working on a project relating to this stuff at the moment, so it is on my mind.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Baron_Blubba - 24 May 2021 09:13 PM
Vegetable Party - 24 May 2021 06:37 PM

Found it!

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but that word means ‘Desolate’ or ‘desolation’ in the holy tongue (the language that the old testament is written in, basically ‘Olde Hebrew’). It’s used for the first time (and as far as I know only time) toward the beginning of Genesis to describe the world before God created things like land and oceans and flora and fauna.

Sorry for the little tangent, I’m working on a project relating to this stuff at the moment, so it is on my mind.

Interesting, I didn’t know. At the start you are told a strange creature has destroyed the Sacred Engine and all life on the planets is in danger, but even so desolate is not a fitting description of this very cute little puzzle game.

Over to you, VP.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thanks!

Baron_Blubba - 24 May 2021 09:13 PM

I’m kind of proud to say I knew of this project. Smile I feel like a Baron hipster.

Let’s try this:

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Here’s another plant. It’s really tall. About twice the size of the main character.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Maybe this will shed some light on the situation..

edit: it’s all about kicks-starting the mental process!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Is it: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Correct, Adv_Lvr!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Darn, I knew I’d seen that tomb before! Hey VP, how did you like that game? (I thought it was pretty okay!)

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top