• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m (more than) old enough to might’ve played the game, but I haven’t.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Well… starbases and USS ships all scream “Star Trek” but none of the games in the database resemble the screens.

I got nothing Confused

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

It’s probably Knight Tyme.

Now, I actually didn’t know that, so you may choose not to count that as a correct answer.
What I did was, I had a thorough look at the image first. The colour palette screamed “ZX Spectrum” to me. So, the next step was to browse through screenshots of ZX Spectrum games for a couple of minutes until a close match came up. Then, off to Mobygames to confirm that all of the images there have the same style.

I’m convinced. Again, I didn’t know that, and I think it may be almost impossible to know unless one has played ZX Spectrum games, although it seems to be available for other 8-bit machines as well. The screenshots for e.g. C64 look different though, especially colours.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

That’s the one - the middle game of a classic trilogy that kept me entertained for many hours back in the Spectrum days. I edited the screenshots slightly to remove the game’s name, but ‘Derby IV’ and ‘USS Pisces’ were googlable Smile
Your turn, GateKeeper!

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

OK, hope this isn’t too easy:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It’s too easy.

Just kidding, I haven’t seen it in my life.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Eight years have passed since the thread continued to live.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The name of the game is NES Quest - I have to confess that I would never have found it except that I decided to copy it & there you see the title of the game in the coding so I can’t take credit for naming it.
That means that GateKeeper - it’s your turn again!!!! You can get away with something being Googleable although zobraks won’t approve but not with the title being ingrained within your offering.    Laughing

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Zobraks sez: It’s the skyscraper for both of you!  Pan Grin

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

chrissie - 21 May 2020 07:43 AM

The name of the game is NES Quest - I have to confess that I would never have found it except that I decided to copy it & there you see the title of the game in the coding so I can’t take credit for naming it.
That means that GateKeeper - it’s your turn again!!!! You can get away with something being Googleable although zobraks won’t approve but not with the title being ingrained within your offering.    Laughing

Indeed it is NES Quest.
I actually took some steps to prevent it from being too easy, I used a screenshot that I have taken myself for a review that I wrote, so there should only be one exact match for that image, and instead of directly linking it, I used bit.ly address. But you can go back and find out what the real file name is, and most of my screenshots actually have the game name in them for easier use.

I didn’t choose that picture randomly though, it actually contained some clues that one could have used to find the game. It could have been possible to search for “Ricoh RA03” and find out that it was a processor used in some NES versions, which would have given a good hint about the subject matter of the game. Also, “Talk to Mr.T” is another clue, because he is one of the creators of the game, who also appears as a character in the game.

But in each case, you managed to find out the right game, so I can consider that as the right answer. Now, if you don’t want to take the next turn, I can do it, but you might as well do it.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

GateKeeper - 21 May 2020 09:21 AM

I actually took some steps to prevent it from being too easy,......

Baby ones? Laughing

zobraks - 21 May 2020 08:48 AM

Zobraks sez: It’s the skyscraper for both of you!  Pan Grin

I SWEAR zobraks that I never consulted Google & that the title of the game was there plain to see on trying to copy the image (why?...for a quiz or something…)
OK, I’ll post the next pic but you owe me GateKeeper - which skyscraper would you like?  Cool

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Next pic:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

The height is just about right for the AGSUG cheaters (go,go,go… Cool), but I don’t know which game it is.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll post another pic first then:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks Chrissie, but still no bells ringing here.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top