• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 January 2018 03:27 AM

Metacritic 93, 44 critics

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/shadow-of-the-colossus

The more I see the more I like this remake, day 1 for sure. Bluepoint to work on Demons Souls remastered next please

SoccerDude28 - 30 January 2018 03:15 PM

Megaton rumor:
Microsoft looking to acquire EA, PubG corp or Valve.

https://www.techspot.com/news/73009-microsoft-rumored-considering-acquisition-ea-valve-or-pubg.html

I really hope they don’t acquire Valve but I don’t really care for the other 2.

Buying EA? Is such a thing even possible? And please not Valve… PUBG I can see it

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 30 January 2018 04:30 PM

Buying EA? Is such a thing even possible?

Definitely. Disney acquired Fox so MS can purchase EA if they wanted to. It’s just not their style though because they tend to purchase smaller companies like Lionhead or Mojang. But to really improve their portfolio, I think they will need to buy someone like EA. Buying Valve would be dark times for PC gaming and gaming in general.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 January 2018 05:21 PM
wilco - 30 January 2018 04:30 PM

Buying EA? Is such a thing even possible?

Definitely. Disney acquired Fox so MS can purchase EA if they wanted to. It’s just not their style though because they tend to purchase smaller companies like Lionhead or Mojang. But to really improve their portfolio, I think they will need to buy someone like EA. Buying Valve would be dark times for PC gaming and gaming in general.

Merger seems possible but buying?
EA and Valve can still make more profit independently unless there is some solid deal

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m happy for you, Capcom, but Dragonball FighterZ is the best fighting game I’ve played in ages. At least, until I play SNK Heroines. So visually engaging and easy to learn.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rime and Knack free psn+ feb offers
Very tricky, i buy some game on sale, and PSN+ offers as free later Meh
But good for those who havent played it

MvCi is around 44$ for full edition now with all DLCs, Venom to BPanther, also scored 1 million sales

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 30 January 2018 11:20 PM

EA and Valve can still make more profit independently unless there is some solid deal

It is not unheard of. Microsoft has 728 billion market cap whereas EA has 39.24 billion so microsoft is about 20x EA. They can easily gobble it. The only question is if they care enough to do so. So far, it doesn’t seem like their style to acquire big companies so we’ll see.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 31 January 2018 01:22 PM
nomadsoul - 30 January 2018 11:20 PM

It is not unheard of. Microsoft has 728 billion market cap whereas EA has 39.24 billion so microsoft is about 20x EA. They can easily gobble it. The only question is if they care enough to do so. So far, it doesn’t seem like their style to acquire big companies so we’ll see.

But buying might mean making XBOX/PC exclusives out of Fifa/Battlefield and that would devalue a lot those properties. I think it would make more sense to buy Respawn or Bioware like they did Rare.
Or maybe the big properties would remain multiplatform like Minecraft

nomadsoul - 31 January 2018 10:47 AM

MvCi is around 44$ for full edition now with all DLCs, Venom to BPanther, also scored 1 million sales

Bomba, along with SF5 at 2 million. Good think RE7 and specially MHW are making bank

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

In less than a year Switch already outsold WiiU lifetime sales. Switch is a big success but this is more telling of how bad the WiiU flopped

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 31 January 2018 01:22 PM

It is not unheard of. Microsoft has 728 billion market cap whereas EA has 39.24 billion so microsoft is about 20x EA. They can easily gobble it.
The only question is if they care enough to do so. So far, it doesn’t seem like their style to acquire big companies so we’ll see

The article which posted rumors said MS is doing out of desperation , they need portfolio , quick however there are still issues, and cosequences like Making Rare a joke and killing Lionhead
They need to nurture Studios and IP like ND,GG and SP etc

But actually doing it is a much more complex thing. It usually comes down to who the board members are and what’s going on in their lives. Are there people on the board looking to ditch their shares? Or are they happy as they are? That’s what either facilitates or prevents these things from happening.”

You know like Vivendi is stopped by Yves(ubi)

Similarly sometimes some individuals see more career and monetary growth for themselves

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/30/16932860/xbox-microsoft-exclusive-games-acquisitions-ea-valve-pubg

wilco - 31 January 2018 02:30 PM

Bomba, along with SF5 at 2 million. Good think MHW and specially MHW are making bank

SFV is on profit spike, S2 numbers were above 2.5 digital and after AE things will reach 3million+
Both DBZ,Tekken7 had higher budget, Bamco puts alot even DS3 budget was higher than Bloodborne

In less than a year Switch already outsold WiiU lifetime sales. Switch is a big success but this is more telling of how bad the WiiU flopped

Reggie said how ninty makes hardware for longer time and value, he mentioned 3ds seven years of worth and content forgot wiiu , true snakeoilsalesman

Wiiu was gen without Zelda and Metroid proper, dropping at end of life doesnt mean much
Switch benefited from that delay, and i think considering that Metroid will be far ahead in development

Meanwhile in world of GaS

Edit

So many people playing MH, so many new friends from communities

Seems like Destiny crowd hungry for armors and farming have found a new fad
Hope it continues for Capcoms sake

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 26th October (or later) now

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Order didnt live, but hey we have this

wilco - 01 February 2018 02:30 PM

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 26th October (or later) now

Gotta milk them GTA5 Shark cards still

Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shit Yak6 delayed to april 17th Frown , time to buy MHW and Nin2 then
Dont know wat they are thinking clashing with gow

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 February 2018 01:56 AM

Gotta milk them GTA5 Shark cards still

Smile

We had 3 GTAs in PS2, 2 in PS3 and seems like 0 in PS4… All about grabbing those whales now

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

GaS before proper online, amiibos holding content back
yeah thats ninty for ya

The games-as-a-service model is becoming increasingly popular in games today, and now Nintendo has said it is interested in this as well. Speaking today during an earnings presentation, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima said Nintendo is planning to release “even more” DLC for its games, and hold more in-game events, to keep players coming back.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top